PDA

View Full Version : More black babies killed by abortion in New York City than were born

jimnyc
02-04-2015, 11:19 AM
This was 2012, and that's sickening to think of, and I hope that it's changed for the better. I read this while reading another article off of Drudge.

---

Planned Parenthood has proudly announced its new “99 Dream Keepers” initiative in honor of Black History Month. The campaign is designed to honor 99 African American leaders—one for every year that Planned Parenthood has been in existence.

Planned Parenthood, founded by outspoken eugenicist Margaret Sanger, has led the charge on promoting abortion among the African American population for decades. Since 1973, over 13 million black babies have been aborted, with African American women more than four times as likely to have an abortion than non-Hispanic white women (Hispanic women are 2.7 times more likely than whites). In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion in New York City than were born, while the total number of African American abortions comprised 42.4% of abortions performed in the city that year.

In one passage in the Dream Keeper's announcement—just after lauding the organization's work in "break[ing] down barriers to opportunity posed by poverty, racism, and sexism"—Planned Parenthood feels compelled to vaguely acknowledge its “complicated” history regarding the black community:

Planned Parenthood has a complicated history, but since our founding, we have worked with the community to increase opportunity and access to health care for everyone.

The allusion is in part to founder Margaret Sanger’s eugenicist campaign to “purify" the race. Here’s a passage on promoting abortion within the black community from Sanger’s Woman, Morality, and Birth Control (New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12):

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/planned-parenthood-celebrates-black-history-while-aborting-millions-black-babies

And this is the internal link to the abortion article, and there is a PDF on the page from the NYC department of Health - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-killed-abortion-born

(CNSNews.com) – In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born there (24,758), and the black children killed comprised 42.4% of the total number of abortions in the Big Apple, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

The report is entitled, Summary of Vital Statistics 2012 The City of New York, Pregnancy Outcomes, and was prepared by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Vital Statistics.

Perianne
02-04-2015, 12:19 PM
I have mixed feelings about abortion.

jimnyc
02-04-2015, 12:42 PM
I have mixed feelings about abortion.

Outside of whether or not you accept it in certain circumstances, or all of it... What are your thoughts on so many more abortions than babies born, within one race, in such a huge city?

NightTrain
02-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Holy crap! Those numbers are horrifying.

Abortion is such a barbaric practice, and one day the world will look back on this and wonder what kind of savages we were. And we look back on the Aztecs with disapproval of their human sacrifices, when our numbers dwarf their killings millions to one.

If the woman doesn't want to raise a kid, then simply give it up for adoption or give it to the state! That's a hell of a lot better than having no life at all, and many great and powerful people have come from such humble beginnings.

Rape and incest are one thing. Most are using abortion as a form of birth control.

A few years ago my oldest boy made the statement that he really didn't have an opinion either way on abortion, after the subject came up in class. I told him the story of how that doctor in Anchorage tried to bully me and my wife to abort him, after looking at an ultrasound that he didn't understand. My wife would have gone along with the doctor, but I wouldn't allow it. That rocked my son to his core, and he thought about that for a couple of days.

Then he came up and hugged me and thanked me for saving his life. I was the only one that defended his right to exist. Millions upon millions are killed each year because no one stands up for the babies and soulless ghouls at Planned Parenthood are there encouraging all those confused women that it's the right thing to do.

Planned Parenthood puts the architects of the holocaust to shame. It makes me sick.

Trigg
02-04-2015, 01:18 PM
clearly they are using abortion as their birth control method. With other birth control methods being given to poor women for free I don't understand why they would put themselves/baby through something so awful.

Bilgerat
02-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Margaret Sanger

In a 1921 article in the Birth Control Review, Margaret Sanger wrote, "The most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective." Reviewers of one of her 1919 articles interpreted her objectives as "More children from the fit, less from the unfit." Again, the question of who decides fitness is important, and it was an issue that Sanger only partly addressed. "The undeniably feeble-minded should indeed, not only be discouraged but prevented from propagating their kind," she wrote.

Sanger advocated the mandatory sterilization of the insane and feeble-minded." Although this does not diminish her legacy as the key force in the birth control movement, it raises questions much like those now being raised about our nation's slave-holding founders. How do we judge historical figures? How are their contributions placed in context?

It is easy to see why there is some antipathy toward Sanger among people of color, considering that, given our nation's history, we are the people most frequently described as "unfit" and "feeble-minded."

Many African American women have been subject to non consensual forced sterilization. Some did not even know that they were sterilized until they tried, unsuccessfully, to have children. In 1973, Essence Magazine published an expose of forced sterilization practices in the rural South, where racist physicians felt they were performing a service by sterilizing black women without telling them. While one cannot blame Margaret Sanger for the actions of these physician, one can certainly see why Sanger's words are especially repugnant in a racial context.

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America has been protective of Margaret Sanger's reputation and defensive of allegations that she was a racist.

http://youtu.be/Uyk_TcdtXwM

Trigg
02-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Black women have an abortion rate at almost 3x's the rate of white women.

It doesn't make any difference, almost 100 years later, if Sanger was a racist or not. This is a failing on the women TODAY who use abortion has birth control instead of going to the free clinic and picking up the pill or condoms.

revelarts
02-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Black women have an abortion rate at almost 3x's the rate of white women.

It doesn't make any difference, almost 100 years later, if Sanger was a racist or not. This is a failing on the women TODAY who use abortion has birth control instead of going to the free clinic and picking up the pill or condoms.

it does matter why and who worked to open the door for the legalization of the practice. who help defined and outline the euphemisms and rationals that allow people to believe that it's OK to kill children. Those who follow through with the act today walk on a path Sanger, the Rockafellar foundation the Carnegie foundation and others designed and promoted. It's their legacy.

And understanding why they created it may help some OFF the path.
we can pray as much.

revelarts
02-06-2015, 10:28 PM
some current abortion advocates -promote euthanasia for new borns, says it's not "immoral"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWkJ6cZ0FY8

Bilgerat
02-10-2015, 02:17 PM
it does matter why and who worked to open the door for the legalization of the practice. who help defined and outline the euphemisms and rationals that allow people to believe that it's OK to kill children. Those who follow through with the act today walk on a path Sanger, the Rockafellar foundation the Carnegie foundation and others designed and promoted. It's their legacy.

And understanding why they created it may help some OFF the path.
we can pray as much.

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12522_853126064734022_5710097488574236118_n.jpg?oh =378a46ab4ce45bf96a390e970a8b3856&oe=5565B0AA

aboutime
02-10-2015, 02:33 PM
I take it, with this story, and the proven facts to support it; that the NAACP used this kind of information when they asked the NEGRO COLLEGE FUND people to STOP using the motto:

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste!"

Since the NAACP, Democrat Black Caucus in Congress, and Obama have intentionally been using the techniques of preventing Black Americans from increasing their numbers with viable offspring, and gaining knowledge that would otherwise, make them STOP voting for Democrats!