PDA

View Full Version : Panel: Unlike Obama, Jordan's King Shows Leadership in Terror War

Elessar
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
This is all from Newsmax:

The execution of two Iraqi jihadists by Jordan as punishment and revenge for the Islamic State (ISIS) burning alive a 26-year-old Jordanian pilot captured by the terror group shows how seriously King Abdullah takes the threat, a far cry from the lackluster response shown by President Barack Obama, according to Texas Rep. Kevin Brady and retired military commanders Paul Vallely and Derek Harvey.

The three men appeared in a joint panel on Newsmax TV's (http://www.newsmaxtv.com/) "America's Forum" on Wednesday as they upbraided Obama's handling of the war on terror and his weak and wavering strategy.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/King-Abdullah-Jordan-Kevin-Brady-Paul-Vallely/2015/02/04/id/622657/#ixzz3QpaL7nBW

I fully agree with those opinions.

gabosaurus
02-04-2015, 08:52 PM
More than a bit slanted, as expected. :rolleyes:

Jordan has taken this stance for two basic reasons.
One, the captured pilot was a member of a very prominent family who carry consider political and social weight in Jordan. Also, the event itself is considered a crime against Islam.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/04/isis-muadh-al-kasasbeh-death-jordan-revenge-mood

Bilgerat
02-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Meanwhile, Obama was on the 8th green and was unavailable for comment

LongTermGuy
02-04-2015, 09:30 PM
``Day after pilot burned alive, `Jordanian King (http://inagist.com/all/563161530720481281/)`launches massive assault. *Day after death of James Foley (http://inagist.com/all/563161530720481281/), Obama goes (http://inagist.com/all/563161530720481281/) golfing ....``

gabosaurus
02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Presidents have a history of going on vacation during national disasters. :cool:

Bilgerat
02-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Presidents have a history of going on vacation during national disasters. :cool:

This one has a history of golfing while his citizens are being killed

Elessar
02-05-2015, 01:57 AM
More than a bit slanted, as expected. :rolleyes:

Jordan has taken this stance for two basic reasons.
One, the captured pilot was a member of a very prominent family who carry consider political and social weight in Jordan. Also, the event itself is considered a crime against Islam.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/04/isis-muadh-al-kasasbeh-death-jordan-revenge-mood

M'lady...

How blind are You?

"Also, the event itself is considered a crime against Islam."

When will this clown in the White House man up and admit five things:

1. He is completely wrong about IS (Junior Varsity);

2. IS *IS* a terrorist group;

3. Admit he is over his head in being able to demonstrate strength and
resolve to put down and eradicate this pack of murderers.

4. He is more worried about his legacy as a Uniter...something he has
never accomplished. Look at Chicago...Look at St. Louis...Uniter?

5. IS has made a DIRECT THREAT to our Nation! Obama brushes it off,
because he does not have a clue on how to react.

This guy could not lead a bake sale....let alone a nation. His actions
and / or lack of action has made us look weaker than before the Spanish-American
War.

Elessar
02-05-2015, 01:59 AM

Obama...constantly.

Jeff
02-05-2015, 07:46 AM
M'lady...

How blind are You?

and / or lack of action has made us look weaker than before the Spanish-American
War.

6. He is a radical Muslim himself.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2015, 11:11 AM
6. He is a radical Muslim himself.
What's that sweetest sound the maggot has ever heard?
"My Islamic faith", --- er you mean your Christian faith interrupts this stooge interviewer!
The world does not belong to those that slander the Prophet Mohhammad.

Piece of shit is a muslim in hiding. I'll bet my life on that against a damn dollar..-Tyr

Elessar
02-05-2015, 08:29 PM
What's that sweetest sound the maggot has ever heard?
"My Islamic faith", --- er you mean your Christian faith interrupts this stooge interviewer!
The world does not belong to those that slander the Prophet Mohhammad.

Piece of shit is a muslim in hiding. I'll bet my life on that against a damn dollar..-Tyr

I forgot #7:

He got the Nobel Peace Prize less than 6 months in office...FOR WHAT?

Jeff
02-06-2015, 07:05 AM
I forgot #7:

He got the Nobel Peace Prize less than 6 months in office...FOR WHAT?

Lets see, it could be a few different things.

1) First half black President

2) Biggest liar to ever get elected

3) Can actually wake up next to the Mooch without committing suicide

OK I said a few but the way I see it there are many reasons. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Lets see, it could be a few different things.

1) First half black President

2) Biggest liar to ever get elected

3) Can actually wake up next to the Mooch without committing suicide

OK I said a few but the way I see it there are many reasons. :laugh:

Just look at the European liberals that awarded the ffing maggot that prize--every damn one of them hate this country!
Now guess why they love Obama!
I saw that right away when the gave it to the totally undeserving piece of shit.. -Tyr

revelarts
02-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Like Obama and the US the King And Jordan had been ARMING and Jordan even sent fighters to HELP AL Nusra/ISIS against Syria,

NOW all of a sudden they are the hated enemy,
best enemies money can buy folks.

"we've always been at war with eurasia" 1984

aboutime
02-06-2015, 03:42 PM
M'lady...

How blind are You?

War.

Gabby can't help it. She spends so much time hating people in general. She can't find the time to honestly get the facts that would make her look different than the other 50 million plus Americans who LOVE Obama so much.

Elessar
02-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Like Obama and the US the King And Jordan had been ARMING and Jordan even sent fighters to HELP AL Nusra/ISIS against Syria,

NOW all of a sudden they are the hated enemy,
best enemies money can buy folks.

"we've always been at war with eurasia" 1984

Rev....

That made no sense at all.

Obama has not done SQUAT in direct sense! He seeks others to perform the tasks even though
that JV Squad of his has made direct threats to the White House, Capitol and Nation, and has murdered U.S Citizens.

Obama, your hero, could not lead or coordinate a sack race. He alone has made us look weaker than before
1890. At least Bush had some balls about him. Obama's are only on 18 holes or a basketball court.

aboutime
02-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Rev....

That made no sense at all.

Obama has not done SQUAT in direct sense! He seeks others to perform the tasks even though
that JV Squad of his has made direct threats to the White House, Capitol and Nation, and has murdered U.S Citizens.

Obama, your hero, could not lead or coordinate a sack race. He alone has made us look weaker than before
1890. At least Bush had some balls about him. Obama's are only on 18 holes or a basketball court.

Elessar. I suspect Rev feels intimidated for Obama when the King of Jordan makes Obama look like a Gelding.

Trigg
02-06-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm thrilled to see Jordan involved, no matter the political reason behind it. Muslim countries are the ones who NEED to take control of their own crazies. The US running in their to "save the day" just makes them want to target us.

Even the "regular" Muslim's hate it when we rush in. Let the middle east deal with their own lunatic fringe.

Elessar
02-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Elessar. I suspect Rev feels intimidated for Obama when the King of Jordan makes Obama look like a Gelding.

Rev seems like a decent person...I tip my hat to him.

I will not say anything foul, although I am multi-lingual - Speaking English, some French, fully
fluent in Typonese, and good at Profane and Obscene.:laugh:

Elessar
02-06-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm thrilled to see Jordan involved, no matter the political reason behind it. Muslim countries are the ones who NEED to take control of their own crazies. The US running in their to "save the day" just makes them want to target us.

Even the "regular" Muslim's hate it when we rush in. Let the middle east deal with their own lunatic fringe.

well...you are so correct in many ways.

However, we do have alliances over there that this stupid administration has ignored.

We should honor those treaties and eradicate that bunch of murderers..

NightTrain
02-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Rev is not a bad guy. I actually think he's a good guy, he just sees conspiracies where I don't personally believe there are any, and he's very rarely insulting or disrespectful.

And I'm pretty sure he's no fan of Bambam.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Rev is not a bad guy. I actually think he's a good guy, he just sees conspiracies where I don't personally believe there are any, and he's very rarely insulting or disrespectful.

REV and I disagree often but I like the guy and think he presents his honest views and does not deliberately try to lie to gain advantage in a debate.
That is to be admired even if its coming from the opposition on a topic. -Tyr

aboutime
02-06-2015, 08:12 PM

I once believed, and wanted to convince myself the same about Rev. He probably is a good guy, and a gentleman anyone would feel comfortable to be around. But, I have learned over many, many years. To beware of people who must always insist, only they know what is the best, or correct answer to everything.

And this is also why I no longer welcome new members when they come to DP. I have been betrayed, far too many times by such people. And that betrayal is something I refuse to accept.

I go by the old Reagan motto: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

LongTermGuy
02-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Leadership......

Benjamin Netanyahu - Former Israeli paratrooper and commando with combat experience.

Abdullah II ibn al-Hussein - King of Jordan. Served as a troop commander in the British Army. A trained parachutist.
Attended the Armored Officer's Advanced Course at Fort Knox, and in 1986, he became commander of a tank company. Served with the Royal Jordanian Air Force in its Anti-Tank Wing, where he was trained to fly Cobra attack helicopters. In 1993, he assumed command of Jordan's special forces.

Barack Obama - Unknown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAfCv1ZuCF8

Elessar
02-07-2015, 07:16 PM

Indeed...he is easy-going and respectful.

Elessar
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
From Newsmax:

http://www.newsmaxworld.com/GlobalTalk/jordan-vow-wipe-isis/2015/02/07/id/623383/?ns_mail_uid=28698617&ns_mail_job=1607219_02072015&s=al&dkt_nbr=ghkxoitj

jimnyc
02-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Believe it or not, one of my good friends is former Jordanian special forces. He's met and worked with the King and his wife, albeit briefly, and still meets with some high military officials when he goes back home. Not that it matters, but this friend is catholic, although Arabic speaking in such a largely Islamic country.

NightTrain
02-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Believe it or not, one of my good friends is former Jordanian special forces. He's met and worked with the King and his wife, albeit briefly, and still meets with some high military officials when he goes back home. Not that it matters, but this friend is catholic, although Arabic speaking in such a largely Islamic country.

Interesting.

What does he say about his faith and the islamic penalties of apostasy? Is Jordan different than other islamic countries or does he hide his religion while he's there?

jimnyc
02-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Interesting.

What does he say about his faith and the islamic penalties of apostasy? Is Jordan different than other islamic countries or does he hide his religion while he's there?

I'll have to poke at him some more and get more detailed answers. I know he isn't fond of a lot of Islamic things. I know he said he agrees with me with the penalties for lame crimes, but we honestly didn't go into detail.

Jordan is supposedly much different. You can dress much more conservatively and act a little more outgoing. I don't think they deal well with political dissent though. And being it's like 99% Islamic, it's not like the Catholics run around and announce themselves, but you also don't see the violence or harassment and such like you would see other places. His family was a little more well known, and he said he never had to hide it.

But good questions, I'll have to get more thorough replies from him!