PDA

View Full Version : Liberal thinking......Can't make this story up......................

LongTermGuy
02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
`Ferguson, Mo., police begin testing new ‘less-lethal’ attachment for guns`

http://img.washingtonpost.com/rw/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/01/29/Others/Images/2015-01-29/150129ballistic0081422574387.jpg?uuid=MzGkaKgPEeSh YhIdBsp38Q

``Alternative Ballistics chief executive Christian Ellis stands next to a target, right, at which he fired the Alternative, which attaches to a handgun and creates a “less-lethal” projectile. Standard bullets were fired at the other target. (Earnie Grafton/For The Washington Post)``

Quote:

<tbody>
About a month after a white officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., the city’s assistant police chief, Al Eickhoff, took to Google and searched under the words “less lethal.”

Eickhoff, a 36-year veteran of Missouri police work, said he was looking for any new device, weapon or ammunition — any alternative to lethal force — that might have prevented a deadly result when Michael Brown and Officer Darren Wilson encountered each other in the noonday heat last August.

Browsing a California company’s Web site, Eickhoff found pictures and videos of an odd-looking, blaze-orange device docked on a normal handgun barrel. When a bullet fired, it melded with an attached projectile the size of a ping-pong ball that flew with enough force to knock a person down, maybe break some ribs, but not kill him, the product’s makers said — even at close range.

Its name: the Alternative.

This week, five Ferguson police instructors will train to use the device; the department plans to introduce it to the entire force of 55 officers.``

Ferguson, Mo., police begin testing new ‘less-lethal’ attachment for guns (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ferguson-mo-police-department-is-first-in-us-to-test-less-lethal-gun-attachment/2015/02/03/c6772af8-abb7-11e4-ad71-7b9eba0f87d6_story.html)

</tbody>

***Later in the same article...Quote:

<tbody>
Versions of the Alternative can be readily affixed to standard-issue Glock and Sig Sauer pistols, but for now, no one knows how officers would perform with it under real-life stress. And no human being has been shot with it, Ellis said.

The device captures the first bullet only; the next round chambered is a regular one — that is, lethal — so if the Alternative should fail to stop its target, the second slug could be discharged.

Some bloggers and gun enthusiasts have excoriated Ellis’s product; one labeled it “terrifying,” the worst less-lethal force idea ever. They have gleefully taken note that the business end of the Alternative resembles a clown’s nose.

</tbody>

LongTermGuy
02-04-2015, 09:21 PM
`.............There is a much simpler and fail proof system available.

*It's called don't attack the police and you wont get shot.`

LongTermGuy
02-04-2015, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA

LongTermGuy
02-04-2015, 10:03 PM
`Finally went to the website........................................... ...............`

Watched their video..............................:puke3:

http://www.alternativeballistics.com (http://www.alternativeballistics.com/)

`................Why not carry an animal control pole?`

Jeff
02-05-2015, 08:05 AM
`Ferguson, Mo., police begin testing new ‘less-lethal’ attachment for guns`

http://img.washingtonpost.com/rw/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/01/29/Others/Images/2015-01-29/150129ballistic0081422574387.jpg?uuid=MzGkaKgPEeSh YhIdBsp38Q

``Alternative Ballistics chief executive Christian Ellis stands next to a target, right, at which he fired the Alternative, which attaches to a handgun and creates a “less-lethal” projectile. Standard bullets were fired at the other target. (Earnie Grafton/For The Washington Post)``

Quote:

<tbody>
About a month after a white officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., the city’s assistant police chief, Al Eickhoff, took to Google and searched under the words “less lethal.”

Eickhoff, a 36-year veteran of Missouri police work, said he was looking for any new device, weapon or ammunition — any alternative to lethal force — that might have prevented a deadly result when Michael Brown and Officer Darren Wilson encountered each other in the noonday heat last August.

Browsing a California company’s Web site, Eickhoff found pictures and videos of an odd-looking, blaze-orange device docked on a normal handgun barrel. When a bullet fired, it melded with an attached projectile the size of a ping-pong ball that flew with enough force to knock a person down, maybe break some ribs, but not kill him, the product’s makers said — even at close range.

Its name: the Alternative.

This week, five Ferguson police instructors will train to use the device; the department plans to introduce it to the entire force of 55 officers.``

Ferguson, Mo., police begin testing new ‘less-lethal’ attachment for guns (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ferguson-mo-police-department-is-first-in-us-to-test-less-lethal-gun-attachment/2015/02/03/c6772af8-abb7-11e4-ad71-7b9eba0f87d6_story.html)

</tbody>

***Later in the same article...Quote:

<tbody>
Versions of the Alternative can be readily affixed to standard-issue Glock and Sig Sauer pistols, but for now, no one knows how officers would perform with it under real-life stress. And no human being has been shot with it, Ellis said.

The device captures the first bullet only; the next round chambered is a regular one — that is, lethal — so if the Alternative should fail to stop its target, the second slug could be discharged.

Some bloggers and gun enthusiasts have excoriated Ellis’s product; one labeled it “terrifying,” the worst less-lethal force idea ever. They have gleefully taken note that the business end of the Alternative resembles a clown’s nose.

</tbody>

The next new law will be police can only fire one shot. What a waste, imagine wasting all the time on something so stupid, don't attack the cops and you don't get shot. At least that is what I was taught in School, and so far it is working out. :rolleyes:

Perianne
02-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Does anyone else remember Surgeon General (under Clinton) Joycelyn Elders saying:

"We need safer weapons and safer bullets."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Does anyone else remember Surgeon General (under Clinton) Joycelyn Elders saying:

They are raving idiots, just like we have been saying for many decades now!--:laugh:

Our problem is that these mad, raving loons have power, and use that power to implement their damn insanity.. Thus we suffer!!!! -Tyr

fj1200
02-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Are water cannons, tazers, bean-bag rounds, etc. liberal thinking too?

aboutime
02-05-2015, 04:12 PM

Didn't she also say "Children need to be taught how to masterbate'?"

Drummond
02-05-2015, 04:14 PM

The best possible person to understand liberal thinking is another liberal !! :eek:

So why ask CONSERVATIVES here such a question ?? I for one profess to being frequently baffled by them ...

... and I've never found it an easy task to understand you, FJ .....

aboutime
02-05-2015, 04:16 PM
The best possible person to understand liberal thinking is another liberal !! :eek:

So why ask CONSERVATIVES here such a question ?? I for one profess to being frequently baffled by them ...

Sir Drummond. Once again. fj demonstrates his miserable life by showing us how convinced he feels about being the only person on Earth who is always Right about everything. There is no room in fj's life for anyone with a differing opinion, nor actual facts.

LongTermGuy
02-05-2015, 04:22 PM

`Most Likely....especially if the `DOJ` ...(with `o`s approval of course) forces Police to use them against violent Thugs trying to kill them...*please dont be offended...I know you say your not one of `em...but you keep defending liberal stupidity in a round about way... `

fj1200
02-05-2015, 04:53 PM

That's because you're an idiot with an overactive imagination. :) FWIW, I asked the question of the one who made the statement.

`Most Likely....especially if the `DOJ` ...(with `o`s approval of course) forces Police to use them against violent Thugs trying to kill them...*please dont be offended...I know you say your not one of `em...but you keep defending liberal stupidity in a round about way... `

What did I defend? I asked a question. FWIW I consider it to be conservative thinking that sees a problem (stupid criminals) and proposes a solution (not killing stupid criminals) to save lives, time, money, etc.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2015, 06:05 PM

The master of Denial will yet again deny.
I think he has Egyptian blood in him. :laugh:
He thinks we conservatives are to slow witted to spot his roundabout methods.. :laugh2:
Which is exactly why libs think they are enlightened geniuses and keep proposing utter
stupid and catastrophic policies!
Arrogance on steroids be they all IMHO..-Tyr

fj1200
02-06-2015, 09:28 AM
The master of Denial will yet again deny.

So what you're saying is that the knuckleheads need to circle the wagons when someone dares the unthinkable of asking a question.

LongTermGuy
02-06-2015, 12:48 PM
``When was the last time I stepped in it and some conservative media show circled the wagons and brought all kinds of people to defend it? It doesn't happen. Yeah, when was the first time? Doesn't happen. But when it happens to these guys -- for example, when Dan Rather did his phony and bogus George Bush National Guard story and totally embarrassed himself. He ended up being fired because of it. You people may not remember, but the late Peter Jennings and Brokaw hastily put together an awards dinner. They invented or created a new award to give to Rather two weeks after all of that happened, because they circle the wagons.
They were protecting the news. They were protecting the media. They were protecting themselves, and they were protecting their cause, liberalism. Because Rather was out there and it was a huge, huge step in it. I mean, to totally make up a story. And so rather than throw Rather overboard and use this as an opportunity or moment to move past the CBS Evening News, they had to circle the wagons and protect Rather, and that's kind of what's happening here with this thing that Colbert did. ``

Rush Limbaugh...

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2010/10/06/dems-circle-the-wagons/

aboutime
02-06-2015, 03:32 PM
We all need to remember, and be aware. Whenever fj calls any other member an IDIOT.

That is merely fj...talking to himself. He must keep reminding himself to impress his permanent stupidity.

Bilgerat
02-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Even More Liberal Thinking

http://youtu.be/o1rzSiIBjAg