PDA

View Full Version : The UAE

Gunny
02-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Are you kidding? Our most staunchest ally in the ME just told us to go piss up a rope. Somebody needs to put a round through that a-holes head.

jimnyc
02-05-2015, 09:51 AM
US officials confirm suspension of UAE combat missions

The United Arab Emirates, a key Arab member of the US-led coalition against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), has not flown combat missions over Syria since last December, US officials say.

The Gulf Arab state dropped out of the group of countries conducting air strikes against ISIL targets in Syria after a Jordanian pilot was captured, citing fears for their pilots' safety in the case of downed planes.

"I can confirm that UAE suspended air strikes shortly after the Jordanian pilot's plane went down," AFP news agency quoted an unnamed US official as saying.

"But let me be clear that UAE continues to be an important and valuable partner that is contributing to the coalition."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2015/02/uae-pulls-coalition-air-strikes-isil-150204165342698.html

sundaydriver
02-05-2015, 10:06 AM
So much for the big deal of the combat missions led by their female pilot. Yeah, no missions since the Jordanian pilot crashed which I thought was common knowledge.

Kathianne
02-05-2015, 10:09 AM
I think it has more to do with the lack of leadership by the US. They have concerns about search and rescue after Jordanian pilot went missing. The real story is that they withdrew in December and the administration kept it mum.

Gunny
02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
I think it has more to do with the lack of leadership by the US. They have concerns about search and rescue after Jordanian pilot went missing. The real story is that they withdrew in December and the administration kept it mum.

Bingo.

The real story is this f*ck up of a CinC.

Gunny
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Bingo.

The real story is this f*ck up of a CinC.

Sick of this junk. A 7.62 mm round would solve the problem. At 1632 fps at 1200 meters. This a-hole is making us look like shit.

Gunny
02-05-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm sick of ths crap.