PDA

View Full Version : Retired Lt. Cmdr. Joe Langdell

Bilgerat
02-06-2015, 11:58 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/appeal-democrat.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/6c/f6ce15c2-ad06-11e4-aaeb-9f3a555a6fe8/54d318f7a834d.image.jpg?resize=760%2C529

Retired Lt. Cmdr. Joe Langdell, the oldest living survivor from the USS Arizona, has passed away at the age of 100.

IAW his wishes, his ashes are to be interred with his fellow shipmates inside the USS Arizona, which will take place on December 7th.

NightTrain
02-06-2015, 12:20 PM
I had a Great Uncle that was on the Arizona, he survived Pearl Harbor.

Bilgerat
02-06-2015, 12:26 PM
I had a Great Uncle that was on the Arizona, he survived Pearl Harbor.

Not too many of them still with us :salute:

NightTrain
02-06-2015, 12:57 PM

Yeah, cancer got him back in the 80's. I think I only met him once when I was very young, but my Grandfather told me the stories.

Truly the greatest generation!

aboutime
02-06-2015, 03:38 PM
:salute: ATTENTION ON DECK! Hand Salute!:salute: ATTENTION TO COLORS!

RIP Shipmate! Fair Winds, and Following Seas.

Jeff
02-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Not to many of these type of folks left, men amongst Men is what I refer to them as.

May he R.I.P.

I am sure there is a special place in Heaven for men like this.

aboutime
02-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Not to many of these type of folks left, men amongst Men is what I refer to them as.

May he R.I.P.

Jeff. Not too many people have heard this but, I heard, several years ago. While at a DAV meeting. That approx. 1000 World War II Veterans Die....EVERY DAY.

There are very few of them left to SALUTE, and HONOR properly. And we all know OBAMA only pretends he honors them...when it's politically Beneficial for him.

Elessar
02-06-2015, 04:02 PM

Repeat....Fair Winds and Following Seas...

Bosn'n Pipe:....Attention....Salute....Carry On...

<bos'n pipe:="" attention....salute...carry="" on...=""></bos'n>
:salute:

Jeff
02-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Jeff. Not too many people have heard this but, I heard, several years ago. While at a DAV meeting. That approx. 1000 World War II Veterans Die....EVERY DAY.

There are very few of them left to SALUTE, and HONOR properly. And we all know OBAMA only pretends he honors them...when it's politically Beneficial for him.

Obama doesn't know the definition of the word Honor, he is truly a sad individual who is only interested in his own profit.

Elessar
02-06-2015, 04:05 PM

May he R.I.P.

My Dad...WWII Navy Vet....

aboutime
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM

Mine as well. Army, my Father-in-law, Army Air Corps, three uncles, WWII, KOREA, and VIETNAM.
I am the only Navy vet in the family.

gabosaurus
02-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII. My paternal grandfather fought the Japanese in the Pacific. My maternal grandfather fought the Russians on the Eastern front.

Elessar
02-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII. My paternal grandfather fought the Japanese in the Pacific. My maternal grandfather fought the Russians on the Eastern front.

We may not agree with some things, but I respect and honor that bloodline.

Safe Paths and Fair Winds, Gabby..

gabosaurus
02-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Not many families have relatives who fought on both sides of the war. It is the reason why I am such a history buff.

Jeff
02-07-2015, 07:58 AM

Mine as well. Army, my Father-in-law, Army Air Corps, three uncles, WWII, KOREA, and VIETNAM.
I am the only Navy vet in the family.

My hat is off to all these great men and to all of the men and woman who have fought and are fighting for this great Nation !!!