View Full Version : Boy, 7, kills 8-year-old cousin while playing with gun

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Story Highlights
• Police searching for 7-year-old, his mother
• Friend says child, mother cooperating with police, not hiding
• Teachers mourn "innocent" boy

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/26/child.shot.ap/index.html

Why isn't the mom charged with having an illegal hand gun? This is ultimatly the parents fault not the kids.

Hugh Lincoln
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Blacks and guns don't mix. Licensing and registration don't have shit to do with it.

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Blacks and guns don't mix. Licensing and registration don't have shit to do with it.

So because they are black that makes them more dangerous with a gun? That doesn't even make sense.

5stringJeff
06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
The whoel concept of an "illegal gun" is bullshit. It could only have been illegal because the state mandates registration of firearms, which is absolute bullshit. I would/will never register any of my firearms.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 05:22 AM
The whoel concept of an "illegal gun" is bullshit. It could only have been illegal because the state mandates registration of firearms, which is absolute bullshit. I would/will never register any of my firearms.

Gee that's smart, then when they get stolen they will never be able to be recovered.

5stringJeff
06-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Gee that's smart, then when they get stolen they will never be able to be recovered.

Of course, there are workarounds to that, including keeping a log of your gun make/model/serial number, or keeping your guns in a gun safe. You don't need the government for either of those.

waterrescuedude2000
06-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Well if it was illegal just because it wasn't registered. Then thats stupid. But there is an amazing invention its called a "trigger lock" what a concept huh?

But as far as having to register guns its stupid. Go to frontsight.com and order the free dvd it shows how many restrictions and rights that we have lost in this country I feel that the founding fathers of our nation would be rolling in their graves if they knew about this crap.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Well if it was illegal just because it wasn't registered. Then thats stupid. But there is an amazing invention its called a "trigger lock" what a concept huh?

But as far as having to register guns its stupid. Go to frontsight.com and order the free dvd it shows how many restrictions and rights that we have lost in this country I feel that the founding fathers of our nation would be rolling in their graves if they knew about this crap.

What's stupid about having to register guns? It let's the Government stay on top of whats going on, and if a crome is committed with a particular gun then a suspect list can be made up of gun owners. It also is good for protecting your guns from being stolen and sold.

5stringJeff
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
What's stupid about having to register guns?

Because it's none of the government's f**king business whether or not I have a gun.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Because it's none of the government's f**king business whether or not I have a gun.

That's not true, what if your a felon or someone convicted of Domestic Battery?

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I have to agree with 5string thats what gun safes are for and as I said before
I keep pictures and written serial numbers and stuff at both my house and my moms. Also I doubt a felon is going to try and register a gun... I also think that it is stupid that a law abiding citizen has to have a permit to carry concealed. There is one state in our 50 states that does not require a permit to carry concealed and thats vermont I believe. There is so much proof of people with concealed weapons saving lives. And yes when i got stopped for speeding the other week I put my hands on the steering wheel to let the cop know i wasnt grabbing for a weapon or something. Then when he walked up to me first thing I did was tell him hey I'm packing a gun how do you want to handle this. He asked me to step out of the car checked my permit and held onto my weapon while doing his paperwork then handed it back to me when he was done. Americans have lost so many gun rights because of the liberals as it is. I mean the brady bill check how stupid. Its a good idea but it needs work. All they do is check for wants/warrants and you are good to go. No cooling off period here or anything. Nevada is probably one of the few states left that allow most anything for guns. Hi capacity magazines. Legal in nevada still. California you can only have 10 round Mags no matter what kind of gun it is. Unless you are law enforcement they can still have high capacity mags. Here I can legally have 100 round drum clips for my M4.

Trigg
07-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I agree with Jeff on this one. The reason the mother would be to blaim is because she didn't keep the gun locked up. Not because it wasn't registered.

If a gun is stolen the only way (probably) it will ever be found is if it is involved in a crime.

Our shotgun isn't registered and neither are my fathers or father-in-laws. They just don't think it's the gov. business if they have a gun or not.

Didn't New Orleans try taking away the guns from the law abiding public after the hurricane????

In my house the kids would have to unlock the gun case, trigger lock, unlock shells which are in another case, then they could finally fire a gun. That is IF of course they could find the keys in the first place.

-Cp
07-17-2007, 12:17 PM
What's stupid about having to register guns? It let's the Government stay on top of whats going on, and if a crome is committed with a particular gun then a suspect list can be made up of gun owners. It also is good for protecting your guns from being stolen and sold.

Here dude have some more:
http://www.fmft.net/Kool-AidMan.jpg

Kathianne
07-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Couldn't rep, but worthy. I agree that the whole idea of illegal guns is nonsense. I do not and have not owned any firearms, but recognize the importance and necessity of the 2nd amendment. If I chose to own one, yeah I would register, under protest. I follow the laws, for better or worse, though I can see a possibility that I could become philosophically opposed to doing so in the future, if I decide the government itself is 'illegal.'

remie
07-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Since when can the government stay on top of anything other than taking my money. Further it does nothing to protect your guns from being stolen. If a gun is stolen how is the thief to know whether it is regestered or not. One thing for sure, he is not going down to the local gun shop to sell it, it will get sold on some street corner.

Kathianne
07-17-2007, 01:23 PM

You most definately are of the 'parties' politics, not so much libertarian. Real Republicans, those of 'little government' get why registration and other curtailments are undermining our system of government.

So, what is your 'vision' of the Republican Party? You've said you were active, what are your core beliefs?

5stringJeff
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
That's not true, what if your a felon or someone convicted of Domestic Battery?

If you're a felon, you cannot own a gun. That's already a law on the books in (I believe) all 50 states. Many states also ban domestic violence offenders from owning weapons. Not "have to register your guns." BANNED from owning them.

For the other 99.9% of us, there's no reason the government needs to know about our weapons. Period.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 11:20 PM
If you're a felon, you cannot own a gun. That's already a law on the books in (I believe) all 50 states. Many states also ban domestic violence offenders from owning weapons. Not "have to register your guns." BANNED from owning them.

For the other 99.9% of us, there's no reason the government needs to know about our weapons. Period.

SO then how is the Government supposed to know if they have guns or not. If they register and keep track of serial numbers they can do that better.

Trigg
07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
SO then how is the Government supposed to know if they have guns or not. If they register and keep track of serial numbers they can do that better.

Your seriously asking this question?????????

The point is the gov. DOES NOT KNOW if the criminals have guns unless they are caught with them.

Only law abiding people register the guns they own. Criminals buy them off of the street. If a gun is taken from a criminal police can run the serial number and find the previous owner and MAYBE that person gets the gun back.

5stringJeff
07-18-2007, 06:41 PM

If a felon has a gun, with or without registration, then he's breaking the law. Universal registration only lessens the freedoms of law-abiding citizens -- though it would be a great first step towards a police state, if that's what you're after.

Mr. P
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Give it up NV, you have no case for registration. It will never change the criminals intent of committing a crime.

If you're a legal owner WITH a REGISTERED gun, and say your gun is stolen and used for a crime what happens? Does that reverse the crime? Do the cops arrest NV because he WAS the registered owner?

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Well for one thing Nevada is very loose on gun laws. In as far as You DON'T have to register your guns. Although if you are in Clark county you do. Also in Nevada you are allowed to have High Capacity Magazines. Nevada is a must issue state for concealed weapons permits. Meaning if you dont have any felonies and aren't banned from owning guns by the government then they have to issue a permit. The only gun that I own that would be legal in california is my glock 27 cause it came with a 9 round mag. But hey anyways welcome to Communist California. Maybe if you guys got rid Of Boxer,Pilosi,Feinstein you guys might have decent gun laws.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Feinstein isn't as bad as Boxer and Pelosi is the Devil in human form.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:13 PM
It wont help with preventing them from getting stolen. It will help in trying to recover them or for insurance reasons and will help on keeping track of who has them.

Nukeman
07-19-2007, 06:03 AM
It wont help with preventing them from getting stolen. It will help in trying to recover them or for insurance reasons and will help on keeping track of who has them.Why do you want to keep track of who owns the guns????

Gun registration does not work period. What does it do other than tell the Gov't exactly the number of guns YOU own.

Worse case scenerio is they come for your 10 guns and you give them 8 and they do a full search of your home to find the other 2 now you have none.....

It would be just a matter of time before they make all guns illegal and confiscate all your "registerd" firearms....

remie
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
It wont help with preventing them from getting stolen. It will help in trying to recover them or for insurance reasons and will help on keeping track of who has them.

Having them registered will do nothing to help in recovery that you cant do for yourself. Look man, I own guns and lots of them. I have every serial number recorded with a photo of each and every one. My insurance company has a copy of the schedule because they are all insured. Registering guns helps nothing.