PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Governor Arnold should have flown back because of the fire?

nevadamedic
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
I think he should have flown back as soon as he heard it went out of control insteading of putting this on the Lt. Governor. If I were the Gov. of California and I were out of state or the country, the minute I herd that there was a fire out of control I would be on my way back immediatly. There is no reason he isn't there. He could be doing more good then over talking to Tony Blair. When we had the major waterfall fire in Carson a couple years back the Governor and first lady were working at the evacuation center. I would be pissed if I were a resident and voter in California.

Yurt
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
The Governor is responsible for more things than just fire...

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 05:18 AM
The Governor is responsible for more things than just fire...

His most important responsibility is when a National Emergency is declared in his state.

Yurt
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
His most important responsibility is when a National Emergency is declared in his state.

why would a "national" emergency be declared in just his state?

and i don't recall seeing a state of emergency issued. also, why have a lt. governor if you insist on not using him? I am sure at this point Arnie can get things done just fine.

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I would not have left Wimbledon just because of a brush fire.

darin
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
He should be working to abolish CARB.

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
He should be working to abolish CARB.

What do you have against clean air?

darin
06-27-2007, 10:24 AM
What do you have against clean air?

Why would you think I have something against clean air, Mr. Red Herring?

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Why would you think I have something against clean air, Mr. Red Herring?

Because you're anti CARB, which is an organization that makes regulations to ensure clean air.

Monkeybone
06-27-2007, 10:34 AM
unless he was gonna don fireman garb and go out there to fight the fire, then no. you can make decisions just as well over phone or rely on your Lt. Gov. no if a shit load of ppl were being killed by this, then yes come back.

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
unless he was gonna don fireman garb and go out there to fight the fire, then no. you can make decisions just as well over phone or rely on your Lt. Gov. no if a shit load of ppl were being killed by this, then yes come back.

Wimbledon is more important

darin
06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Because you're anti CARB, which is an organization that makes regulations to ensure clean air.

That's a fallacy. If you want to argue Clean Air - start a new thread. If you want to Argue the benefits vs. Oppression of CARB, that's another thread. Don't pretend 'if you're anti-CARB, you are anti-clean air.'

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:38 AM
That's a fallacy. If you want to argue Clean Air - start a new thread. If you want to Argue the benefits vs. Oppression of CARB, that's another thread. Don't pretend 'if you're anti-CARB, you are anti-clean air.'

A "fallacy." :laugh: That's a little dramatic isn't it?

Lightning Waltz
06-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Who brought CARB into this conversation in the first place, again?

darin
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Who brought CARB into this conversation in the first place, again?

Who tried to red-herring my comment and draw me into a debate about clean air, when my point was against the CARB organization - implying CARB is MUCH more dangerous to California than a wild-fire?

darin
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
A "fallacy." :laugh: That's a little dramatic isn't it?

The fallacy of Red Herring. Look it up. Try google.

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
The fallacy of Red Herring. Look it up. Try google.

Wasn't that a book by the same guy who wrote "Where the Red Fern Grows?" :laugh2:

Lightning Waltz
06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Who tried to red-herring my comment and draw me into a debate about clean air, when my point was against the CARB organization - implying CARB is MUCH more dangerous to California than a wild-fire?

So, if you bring something up, that isn't germane to the original topic, others can't comment on it otherwise they are being "off topic".

:laugh2:

darin
06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
So, if you bring something up, that isn't germane to the original topic, others can't comment on it otherwise they are being "off topic".

:laugh2:

Are you purposefully obtuse?

"Wild Fires are Bad for CA -the Governor should have came back"

"They aren't as bad for CA as CARB"

"Why don't you like clean air?"

"This isn't about debating Clean air - or CARB for that matter - use the New Thread if you want to get into those separate topics"

Why is that hard for you to understand? It's basic level forum stuff.

Lightning Waltz
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
:rolleyes:

OCA
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Who gives a fuck what someone from a state who continues to elect Harry Reid thinks? Who gives a fuck what someone who can't man up and admit mistakes thinks?

I was a twenty year resident of the Golden State.

06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Course not. What exactly is he going to do in Cali that he cant do from anywhere else? Its no less an emergency if he is present. Being present doesnt make decision making any easier cause i highly doubt he going to be anywhere near the fire.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
why would a "national" emergency be declared in just his state?

and i don't recall seeing a state of emergency issued. also, why have a lt. governor if you insist on not using him? I am sure at this point Arnie can get things done just fine.

Actually there is. I was the Medical Officer at the evacuation Shelter last night and going to have to again tonight it looks like. It's declared a State Of Emergency and I think has been or will be moved up to National Emercency as it now effects Nevada and it's a National Park, and if the winds pick up anymore the whole Tahoe basin can go up within an hour. Our Governor has been at the scene for the last three days helping the Lt. Governor of California. The Governor has the ability to pull recorces and get funding that the Lt. Governor can't.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 06:01 PM

You being from Northern Nevada should realize that if the basin goes thousands of lives will be in danger as they couldn't get out of the area quick enough.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I voted yes. Whether or not he can do more by being in Cali, I think it's behooves a leader to man up and be there for his constituents. Even if it's mostly symbolic.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Who gives a fuck what someone from a state who continues to elect Harry Reid thinks? Who gives a fuck what someone who can't man up and admit mistakes thinks?

I was a twenty year resident of the Golden State.

First of all I lived in Norhtern California for 15 years. Second of all I am part of an orginization trying to get Reid out of office and or not reelected, Third of all it is 26 miles from my house now, it effects nevada at it is less then 5 miles from Nevada, like I said before if the basin goes up then everything up there in Nevada and California is lost, so of course I care it could effect Nevada. I am concerned about all the wildlife that have dies or lost their homes, concerned about all the nature that has been lost and or damaged, I also am concerned for the Officials working tirelessly risking their lives to put this out, it also concerns me to see all those people who have lost everything their home, family memorbilia, their cars, family photos everythin because of this, I worked with a couple of these families at the shelter and I had to go into the bathroom and cry, its common human compassion for someone else you should try it sometime. So don't say it doesnt concern me.

OCA
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
First of all I lived in Norhtern California for 15 years. Second of all I am part of an orginization trying to get Reid out of office and or not reelected, Third of all it is 26 miles from my house now, it effects nevada at it is less then 5 miles from Nevada, like I said before if the basin goes up then everything up there in Nevada and California is lost, so of course I care it could effect Nevada. I am concerned about all the wildlife that have dies or lost their homes, concerned about all the nature that has been lost and or damaged, I also am concerned for the Officials working tirelessly risking their lives to put this out, it also concerns me to see all those people who have lost everything their home, family memorbilia, their cars, family photos everythin because of this, I worked with a couple of these families at the shelter and I had to go into the bathroom and cry, its common human compassion for someone else you should try it sometime. So don't say it doesnt concern me.

Oh I know, you are so caring and compassionate, its what liberals do in lieu of any real help, ideas or solutions.."but we really care about (insert issue of choice here)" I know, I know, you cried.....the wildlife, the homes most of which are vacation homes for the well off....nah wait maybe a few of the imported Vietnamese dealers lost an apartment or two.

BTW, the fire is in the vicinity of 89 and 50......much more than 5 miles from Nevada. You can't bullshit me.....ever......I know that area, North and South Lake Tahoe like the back of my hand.

I'll be honest with you, I don't buy your conservative stories, you mock the Bible and buy the lies of the queer lobby, kind of sheds some doubt.

Yurt
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Abbey:

I agree a leader needs to be there, however, I still believe that at the point NM mentioned he did not need to be there. He was today and I think he said it best:

Schwarzenegger toured the scene of the devastation with local officials early Wednesday and said it was only the response of the firefighters that had prevented a bigger catastrophe.

"It could have been much worse, if we hadn't had such well-trained firefighters," said Schwarzenegger. "I've been in many action films but let me tell you these guys are the real action heroes," the former movie star added.

"Like all Californians I'm concerned about what happens in the next few days and weeks. The firefighters know they have a lot work ahead of them," he added.

I'll be back (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usweatherfires;_ylt=ApJpb9eD4AFWWCfo63D2wHwDW7oF)

manu1959
06-27-2007, 09:21 PM
look the time his presence will matter is when he needs to tell the insurance folks to pay up and up their payout to rebuild not to mention house these folks while they try to rebuild over the next two years.....

remeber the okland hills fire? show compasion while it burns and fuck everyone after the media leaves.........hmmmmm who was guv. then?

OCA
06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
You guys see between the lines of what Nevda is saying, right?

Actually Nevada is a lib and libs see government and government figures as the saviour of us all.

Arnold did the right thing, stay the hell out of the way and let the smokejumpers do their job.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh I know, you are so caring and compassionate, its what liberals do in lieu of any real help, ideas or solutions.."but we really care about (insert issue of choice here)" I know, I know, you cried.....the wildlife, the homes most of which are vacation homes for the well off....nah wait maybe a few of the imported Vietnamese dealers lost an apartment or two.

BTW, the fire is in the vicinity of 89 and 50......much more than 5 miles from Nevada. You can't bullshit me.....ever......I know that area, North and South Lake Tahoe like the back of my hand.

I'll be honest with you, I don't buy your conservative stories, you mock the Bible and buy the lies of the queer lobby, kind of sheds some doubt.

First of all I don't care what a pansy like you thinks. If you even watched the news you would realize that the majority of the homes lost were one's with people living in them.

Yurt
06-28-2007, 12:07 AM
First of all I don't care what a pansy like you thinks. If you even watched the news you would realize that the majority of the homes lost were one's with people living in them.

does this mean no apology?

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
does this mean no apology?

Not to him.

OCA
06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Not to him.

Because you have no honour......newbie.

I schooled you, you weren't capable of understanding a post and ranted like a schoolgirl, and now YOU CALL ME A PANSY? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Remember this, a high post count does does not automatically make a good debater.