PDA

View Full Version : I Know I've Said Plenty About Foodstamps Over The Years

Kathianne
02-08-2015, 11:29 PM
From working at Walgreen's for several years, then adding on the recent Safeway experience, I tend to concentrate on those that abuse. However, like I've mentioned about WIC there are many that do buy reasonably and still come up short.

I guess the tendency for myself is to have highlighted those that buy junk, often followed by a separate purchase of alcohol, hot food purchases, etc.

In the following video the 'EBT' purchasers were buying substantial food.

I've had this happen at Safeway, not at Walgreen's. Usually though the mom or dad has several kids with them, they are buying things like milk, bread, hamburger, beans, etc. The EBT shows 'non-sufficient funds.' Usually they have the cash to cover the deficit, (we get a message of how much is left on EBT.)

Sometimes however they do not have the cash/debit to do so. Thus we have to start taking items off their purchase. I've never had one do what the actors did, "I've 4 kids, I work..."

However, whenever we start removing items of purchase, someone has come up and said, "I'll cover it." It's frequent within the store. This has happened routinely for both EBT and non-EBT customers. Sometimes folks only have $30, but need $45 worth of groceries. Never has happened to me, when there's lots of junk involved. It's when someone is saying, "Try taking off the apples or soup..."

http://youtu.be/j1r2GF7ovL0