PDA

View Full Version : Easy Fried chicken

darin
02-09-2015, 07:35 AM
I made this up yesterday; and I liked it.

After making chicken soup two days ago, I had 2 wings and 2 leg pieces left over (wouldn't fit in my stock pot).

Need:

Iron Skillet.
Corn Oil
Flour
Yellow Curry
Instant-read thermometer
cooling rack
Salt
Pepper (no, not the hip-hop group; although I'd love for them to stop by.)

As the chicken soup was cooking I floured-up my chicken - dumped flour atop the pieces and rolled and patted them. When well-covered I left them in the top shelf of the fridge overnight.

Anywho - before heating my oil I pulled the chicken and re-coated with flour until the peices were REALLY covered. I let everything sit there on the counter about 45 minutes. In the mean-time I poured my large iron skillet about 2/3rds to the top with oil and heated until my heat-gun-thing showed about 320 degrees. A candy thermometer would work much better - as would a deep-fryer.

As the oil got to temp I dropped in two pieces of chicken - I left them for about 4 -5 minutes until I could see them getting done on the bottom - the cooked-looking-part would sorta 'creep' up the sides. I flipeed them once and cooked until I saw internal temps (shoving the thermometer into the thickest parts, close to the bone. When I saw about 150 degrees I pulled them, placing them on a rack. Carry-over brought them to about 160. **DO NOT CONSUME UNDER COOKED CHICKEN** Becuase the government can't control the conditions of chicken producers; AND they allow all sorts of nasty things into our food - because the Govt has conditioned us to rely upon OTHERS (them) for our substinance.

Repeated with the last two pieces.

Here's the thing - I'd forgotten to spice the flour, so, while the oil was still fresh atop the pieces I dusted each with yellow curry powder.

My son attested - the chicken came out GREAT!

:)

Easy-Peasy.

Kathianne
02-10-2015, 01:28 AM
I made this up yesterday; and I liked it.

After making chicken soup two days ago, I had 2 wings and 2 leg pieces left over (wouldn't fit in my stock pot).

Need:

Iron Skillet.
Corn Oil
Flour
Yellow Curry
Instant-read thermometer
cooling rack
Salt
Pepper (no, not the hip-hop group; although I'd love for them to stop by.)

As the chicken soup was cooking I floured-up my chicken - dumped flour atop the pieces and rolled and patted them. When well-covered I left them in the top shelf of the fridge overnight.

Anywho - before heating my oil I pulled the chicken and re-coated with flour until the peices were REALLY covered. I let everything sit there on the counter about 45 minutes. In the mean-time I poured my large iron skillet about 2/3rds to the top with oil and heated until my heat-gun-thing showed about 320 degrees. A candy thermometer would work much better - as would a deep-fryer.

As the oil got to temp I dropped in two pieces of chicken - I left them for about 4 -5 minutes until I could see them getting done on the bottom - the cooked-looking-part would sorta 'creep' up the sides. I flipeed them once and cooked until I saw internal temps (shoving the thermometer into the thickest parts, close to the bone. When I saw about 150 degrees I pulled them, placing them on a rack. Carry-over brought them to about 160. **DO NOT CONSUME UNDER COOKED CHICKEN** Becuase the government can't control the conditions of chicken producers; AND they allow all sorts of nasty things into our food - because the Govt has conditioned us to rely upon OTHERS (them) for our substinance.

Repeated with the last two pieces.

Here's the thing - I'd forgotten to spice the flour, so, while the oil was still fresh atop the pieces I dusted each with yellow curry powder.

My son attested - the chicken came out GREAT!

:)

Easy-Peasy.

Easy-Peasy perhaps, but messy! :)

Jeff
02-10-2015, 07:02 AM
speaking of chicken the wife makes killer chicken and Dumplings and she says it is easy, I will get the recipe and post it, when she makes it she has to use 2 or 3 birds because she makes a couple of pots full, we give that much away, it is fantastic.

darin
02-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Kath - Messy is the BEST of lots of things.

Messy hair
Messy Sex
Messy Hamburgers

jackdcuna
04-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Fabulous and easy recipe with delicious results...even good out of the refrigerator the next day.
Fabulous and easy recipe with delicious results...even good out of the refrigerator the next day.

The vet I take Joe to said Joe is very rare with his two blue eyes. So I was just wondering if anyone on here has blue-eyed Bostons or if you know anyone who does. I would love to see pictures of them.

Jeff
04-13-2015, 06:14 AM
Kath - Messy is the BEST of lots of things.

Messy hair
Messy Sex
Messy Hamburgers

Put the messy Sex and messy Hamburgers together and the messy hair will be the least of your worries, but man it's fun. :cool:

Perianne
04-13-2015, 02:51 PM
I love fried chicken but just can't eat it after I cook it. I don't know why.

LongTermGuy
04-13-2015, 08:10 PM
I love fried chicken but just can't eat it after I cook it. I don't know why.

http://a.gifb.in/102013/1383326730_gyroscopic_chicken_head.gif