PDA

View Full Version : The Judge and Dracula Untold

darin
02-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Dracula Untold:

Pretty good movie, really. Wasn't GREAT, but was worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV.

Couple thoughts:

First - Vlad was fighting MUSLIMS. A MUSLIM ARMY was invading his CHRISTIAN Nation. None of that is mentioned. Vlad became 'The Impaler" because he was sending a message to the invading MUSLIM HORDE.

Secondly - Really was a commentary on Obama's desire to appease. EXCEPT...Vlad LEARNED. He had been paying off the muslim terrorists/army for years to 'ensure peace'. Eventually that backfired. Here's where it departs from Obama - Obama does NOT LEARN. Vlad eventually mans-up and takes it to the muslim using every available power/technique. He goes off. Obama would simply cower to the new demands.

The Judge:

Pretty good movie, really. I teared up once, and giggled a few times. Worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV

Couple thoughts:

First - Bob Downey does a great job - except...man, I cannot stop seeing him as Tony Stark. Some of the dialog felt contrived. Another neat aspect is having a mentally-challenged (no, not a liberal) character. One thing about that - Nothing mattered with him being in the movie. He didn't contribute as much as I thought he COULD have.

Secondly - Movie ends a little different than I anticipated. The female love-interest Tony - erp...I mean Bob Downey has is really attractive in my view; the character and the actor Vera Farmiga. She has a fantastic 'real' look to her - not a typical photoshop/classic beauty, but a nice, every-town attractiveness. That carries well to screen. She does not seem over-shadowed by Tony-erp...Bob.

PixieStix
02-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Dracula Untold:

Pretty good movie, really. Wasn't GREAT, but was worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV.

Couple thoughts:

First - Vlad was fighting MUSLIMS. A MUSLIM ARMY was invading his CHRISTIAN Nation. None of that is mentioned. Vlad became 'The Impaler" because he was sending a message to the invading MUSLIM HORDE.

Secondly - Really was a commentary on Obama's desire to appease. EXCEPT...Vlad LEARNED. He had been paying off the muslim terrorists/army for years to 'ensure peace'. Eventually that backfired. Here's where it departs from Obama - Obama does NOT LEARN. Vlad eventually mans-up and takes it to the muslim using every available power/technique. He goes off. Obama would simply cower to the new demands.

The Judge:

Pretty good movie, really. I teared up once, and giggled a few times. Worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV

Couple thoughts:

First - Bob Downey does a great job - except...man, I cannot stop seeing him as Tony Stark. Some of the dialog felt contrived. Another neat aspect is having a mentally-challenged (no, not a liberal) character. One thing about that - Nothing mattered with him being in the movie. He didn't contribute as much as I thought he COULD have.

Secondly - Movie ends a little different than I anticipated. The female love-interest Tony - erp...I mean Bob Downey has is really attractive in my view; the character and the actor Vera Farmiga. She has a fantastic 'real' look to her - not a typical photoshop/classic beauty, but a nice, every-town attractiveness. That carries well to screen. She does not seem over-shadowed by Tony-erp...Bob.

I watched The Judge recently. I recommend that movie. It made me cry. I thought of my own Dad throughout the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ikeVQ8WAcQ

NightTrain
02-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Did Tony have any malfunctions with his targeting systems in the Judge?