PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut begs super-rich residents not to leave

gabosaurus
02-09-2015, 03:50 PM
You think the government keeps track of average citizens? That is NOTHING compared with the close tabs some states maintain on the billionaires who help keep their economy afloat.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-ap-connecticut-rich-residents-dont-leave-20150209-story.html

Elessar
02-09-2015, 07:35 PM
You think the government keeps track of average citizens? That is NOTHING compared with the close tabs some states maintain on the billionaires who help keep their economy afloat.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-ap-connecticut-rich-residents-dont-leave-20150209-story.html

Yep! The Dems want to keep the money-makers under thumb to pay for the others who do not
work, try to work, and draw freebies from the the rest of us who draw a paycheck.

Liberal Dems are pickpockets...

Gotta keep track of the successful people to make sure the lazy creeps are fed and keep being lazy and breeding
more welfare and tax write-offs.

gabosaurus
02-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Now that you have made your obligatory right-wing conservative rant for the day, would you like to comment on the story?

Bilgerat
02-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Now that you have made your obligatory right-wing conservative rant for the day, would you like to comment on the story?

He did :laugh:

tailfins
02-09-2015, 09:16 PM

The Nutmeg State is now the nutjob state.

CSM
02-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Does anyone else see the irony here?

""You don't want a system that doesn't ask them to do their fair share," he said, "but you don't want a system that makes you so reliant on their fair share that if they all picked up and left tomorrow or died tomorrow you'd be screwed, as they say in the tax business."

In other words, "their fair share" of those dozen or so individuals keeps the state from being "screwed". I guess we have to assume the other 18 individuals living in the state are paying their fair share.... wait a minute .... is the total population of Connecticut 30?

Elessar
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM

Right Wing Conservative Rant?

You have not seen me rant yet. I have manners; something LEFT WING Opinionated idiots get all spun up about,
because they lack manners. Gimme ....Gimme...Gimme...Same old tune.

All you want is your views caressed and honored. There is no room in a Liberal's mind, if they have one that is not
robot-ed from MSNBC or Al Sharpton, or heart or soul for opposing opinions.

I was raised as a Conservative Democrat, Lady. Check West (By God) Virginia some time...

Now do You like my RANT? And I have been polite to you...must have been a waste of my time.

Bilgerat
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Right Wing Conservative Rant?

You have not seen me rant yet. I have manners; something LEFT WING Opinionated idiots get all spun up about,
because they lack manners. Gimme ....Gimme...Gimme...Same old tune.

All you want is your views caressed and honored. There is no room in a Liberal's mind, if they have one that is not
robot-ed from MSNBC or Al Sharpton, or heart or soul for opposing opinions.

I was raised as a Conservative Democrat, Lady. Check West (By God) Virginia some time...

Now do You like my RANT? And I have been polite to you...must have been a waste of my time.

ya know, holding back like that will give ya ulcers Boats (lol)

Elessar
02-11-2015, 01:22 AM
ya know, holding back like that will give ya ulcers Boats (lol)

Not Smart to rubber stamp me to suit a restricted agenda and limited vision...

Damn....

Bilgerat
02-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Not Smart to rubber stamp me to suit a restricted agenda and limited vision...

Damn....

Gabby's just following Saul's book.

Rules for Radicals # 12

“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions

jimnyc
02-11-2015, 09:01 AM

Sweet, been to that awesome house in the article! It belongs to Stephen A. Cohen of SAC Capital. I worked there for awhile as a tech. This was a MASSIVE broker firm. Inside the building where the brokers were was about the size of a football field, and the ceilings were as high as a domed stadium! We tossed around a nerf football a few times and I couldn't reach the other side of the room no matter how I tried! Anyway, that dude is VERY rich! There was a fairly large party at his place that I stayed at for all of about 20 minutes before bailing. I'm not a big fan of the ritzy suits and martinis.

I tried to get FT employment there but it didn't work out. They pay extremely well, so I was bummed when they didn't select me. :(