PDA

View Full Version : `..................Love can be shown in many ways`

LongTermGuy
02-09-2015, 07:00 PM
`...........Love can be shown in many ways -- in a look, a whisper, an action or even on paper. But, how difficult would it be to describe your love for someone without actually using the word "love?".......

*Meet Bob and Kim. They've been together for 56 years and are more in love today than when they first met. "That's a long time," says Bob, "There's a lot of water under that bridge." This couple shares their sweet sentiments that should inspire all of us to put our hearts to paper......Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kut17MUKpi4

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-10-2015, 11:10 AM
`...........Love can be shown in many ways -- in a look, a whisper, an action or even on paper. But, how difficult would it be to describe your love for someone without actually using the word "love?".......

*Meet Bob and Kim. They've been together for 56 years and are more in love today than when they first met. "That's a long time," says Bob, "There's a lot of water under that bridge." This couple shares their sweet sentiments that should inspire all of us to put our hearts to paper......Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kut17MUKpi4

Even if it is not in poetic form couples should write about how much they love each other as it serves to let the other person know that they are not taken for granted. Additionally, it reinforces the idea that each will be faithful to the other.
I write out a poem to my wife everyday with only missing if I am desperately sick!
Even then, when well, I write extra poems to make up for those I did not write.
Men are notorious for wrongly thinking, "well hell she knows"!!
They know when you say it and write it.
Men need to communicate more!! Women are not mind readers guys!!--Tyr

aboutime
02-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I won't try to pretend anyone really cares what I have to say here. Since my being married to the same lady since March of 1969 doesn't qualify for many of you now. Nobody needs to tell us how much we Love each other.

Of course. All of you out there are much smarter, wiser, and more experienced in such things.
So. As usual. I'll just happily allow all of you to pretend.

LongTermGuy
02-10-2015, 03:34 PM
I won't try to pretend anyone really cares what I have to say here. Since my being married to the same lady since March of 1969 doesn't qualify for many of you now. Nobody needs to tell us how much we Love each other.

Of course. All of you out there are much smarter, wiser, and more experienced in such things.

​`I just felt it was a heart warming good story...so I posted it...

Perianne
02-10-2015, 03:51 PM

aboutime, I think it is wonderful that you have been married to the same woman for such a long time. You two truly have it figured out for yourselves. I think the OP was simply giving an example of how to throw a little spice into marriage. There are many ways to skin a cat.

aboutime
02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
aboutime, I think it is wonderful that you have been married to the same woman for such a long time. You two truly have it figured out for yourselves. I think the OP was simply giving an example of how to throw a little spice into marriage. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Thanks Perianne. I know. Just had an urge to do a little jabbing on my own. Personally. There's really no need to add any spice into your marriage if the Love is stronger than the selfishness of demanding your partner has to conform to the whims of someone else.

Anyone who wants to know the secrets of a happy, long lasting marriage; only needs to know there are NO tricks, or ways to SPICE up your marriage as long as you BOTH....repeat "BOTH", always remember to be HONEST with each other. Remember your Vowels weren't just a formality, and that Problems...like Money must always be Shared, and never hidden from the other.
In our opinions. The primary reasons so many people have failed marriages, usually comes down to MONEY first, and DISHONESTY second. Money...and not having enough of it to keep up with the JONES' you want to impress. IS the root of evil. You cannot live BEYOND your means. No matter how hard you try. Credit cards, and owning stuff to Impress people you don't know...gets you nowhere.
And the Honesty must be agreed to...ALWAYS. If you keep secrets from your partner. That's the end of the partnership from the get-go.
My apologies for my RANT here. But, unless somebody tells all of you like it REALLY IS. You will never know the answers everybody always asks....but refuse to believe because THEY ARE SIMPLE, and THEY WORK.

LongTermGuy
02-10-2015, 04:26 PM
*They are in love and everyone knows it.....just a sweet message...Happy Valentines day to you all...:)

Perianne
02-10-2015, 05:39 PM
I was with the same man for nearly thirty years. Then he died. I was suddenly and unexpectedly a widow. Now I have remarried and it is like starting all over again.

I know the rules are simple, but there are so many variables when with someone new.

aboutime
02-10-2015, 06:05 PM
I was with the same man for nearly thirty years. Then he died. I was suddenly and unexpectedly a widow. Now I have remarried and it is like starting all over again.

I know the rules are simple, but there are so many variables when with someone new.

I wasn't aware of your past Perianne. But I am sure. Though you started over. Love helps to minimize the variables, and the rules are never supposed to be simple. That's what makes life so interesting.