PDA

View Full Version : `.....Bloomberg Suggests Banning Young Minority Males from Gun Ownership`

LongTermGuy
02-09-2015, 10:03 PM
`This has all the fixings for a real riotous response from those demeaned......`

Quote:

<tbody>
``Speaking to the Aspen Institute on February 6, Michael Bloomberg said cities should ban young minority males from owning guns, both as an effort to reduce crime and to keep those minority males “alive.”

According to The Aspen Times (http://www.aspentimes.com/news/14957190-113/michael-bloomberg-calls-colorados-decision-on-legal-pot-stupid), Bloomberg addressed a variety of topics, and after commenting on poverty and education, he discussed guns. The Times reported that he said, “Cities need to get guns out of [the] … hands” of persons who are “male, minority, and between the ages of 15 and 25.”

He claimed that “95 percent of all murders fall into this category” and that taking guns away from them will not only reduce crime, but will “keep them alive.``

</tbody>

BLOOMBERG SUGGESTS BANNING YOUNG MINORITY MALES FROM GUN OWNERSHIP (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/07/bloomberg-suggests-banning-young-minority-males-from-gun-ownership/)

LongTermGuy
02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
`.....Here is The Aspen Times' article. The gun prohibition is towards the bottom......`

Quote:

<tbody>
``Moderator Jennifer Bradley, director of the Center for Urban Innovation at the Institute, then asked what the U.S. can do to get people out of poverty. Bloomberg responded that conventional wisdom points to education, but education isn’t going to help uneducated adults. Bradley later asked how government can offer basic fairness to the children “who have been failed.”

Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, he said.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

</tbody>

<tbody>
Michael Bloomberg calls Colorado’s decision on legal pot stupid (http://www.aspentimes.com/news/14957190-113/michael-bloomberg-calls-colorados-decision-on-legal-pot-stupid)

</tbody>

LongTermGuy
02-09-2015, 10:08 PM
`.......... what a nightmare for the true bleeding heart liberal..."Do I stand up for the rights of minorities..... but wait that means I support them buying guns.... can't have guns... aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhh!"

:coffee:

NightTrain
02-09-2015, 11:17 PM
He's going to make LOTS of new friends with that statement.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

gabosaurus
02-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Why not just ban "young males" from gun ownership? That would eliminate about 90 percent of gun violence.

NightTrain
02-10-2015, 12:20 AM
How's the trolling coming along tonight? Pretty slow?

gabosaurus
02-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Do I make a valid point or not? How much gun violence can be attributed to males age 25 and under?

Kathianne
02-10-2015, 01:26 AM
Do I make a valid point or not? How much gun violence can be attributed to males age 25 and under?
I don't know how many 'males under 25 with legal gun ownership?' Do you?

Jeff
02-10-2015, 07:05 AM

I don't know how many 'males under 25 with legal gun ownership?' Do you?

Kat I would say gun violence of males that hold a legal carry permit is probably around 1% where as most gun violence is in the inner city and 75 plus % are non white males, no not facts just common sense.

darin
02-10-2015, 07:22 AM

You don't make a valid point. Until you can prevent criminals from breaking the law, no gun law will matter.

You want to talk public safety? Restrict women from driving cars. That'd save more lives than gun laws.

DragonStryk72
02-10-2015, 09:30 AM

It'll make as much of a dent as the 21 year old drinking age has made in teenage drinking... so basically, nothing, it just ensures it'll happen more illegally.

DragonStryk72
02-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Now, I don't think government is the answer to all that ails us, but I'm been in those sections of NYC, and the neighborhood need serious renovation. It's not just graffiti, but run down buildings and roads. People living in a place that's a shithole are simply not going to care as much about the area they live in. Serious maintenance is needed in poor neighborhoods. underfunded schools need to get their funding, and we need to start looking for the issues that aren't money-related, because those are going to be the root cause of a lot of the violence.

The guns are only the means of violence, they are not, and never have been a reason.