PDA

View Full Version : Ten Thousand Keys.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
The Key to Heaven -- from a Blog Posted:2/11/2015 8:21:00 PM
Not sure who original author is...

There once lived a man who had ten thousand keys. The man spent his entire life walking down a very long hallway lined with doors. At each door he would try every key trying to find one that would slide into the keyway and unlock the door. Not one key ever did. Until he came to the very last door. When he opened the door, he saw God sitting behind a desk. “Hallelujah” cried the man “I have found heaven!” “Is there a problem?” said God, peering at the intruder over the top of her reading glasses. “Yes!” the man replied. “I have been trying all my life to find heaven.” “I have ten thousand keys and have tried to open thousands of doors—I was afraid I would never get into heaven!” “Oh,” replied God, “I see.” “Well sir, you have always been in heaven.” “But I was told by many different men in many different ways that I must pay a price to obtain the key to heaven!” “Where do you think I got all those keys?” “I’m sorry,” replied God, “those men were mistaken.” “Heaven’s door is never locked.”
--------------------------------------------------------
Untitled. A poem inspired by the blog post I read this fine morn.. -Tyr

These keys will open a great many doors,
give you access to ports on foreign shores
Even trips into memories so long past,
yet the joys are fleeting and never last

Try as you will there is always a price,
nothing is free and the debt isnt so nice
Yet cast away those useless tangle of keys,
bow down sincerely with your desperate pleas

The One, the Savior has paid all our debt,
sad so many have not discovered this yet
Price you pay must be sincere faith and love,
payment for the greatest gift from above

Do not stand there in disbelief and scorn
Fall onto your knees to ask to be reborn.

Robert J. Lindley, 02-12-2015