PDA

View Full Version : Daesh and the Islamic world

jimnyc
02-16-2015, 07:19 AM
Look at the past 20-30 years. Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq. Trouble in Yemen, Libya, Pakistan. Syria, Egypt.... And through it all, all we saw/heard were riots and death. Many of us outright stated - why aren't Muslim leaders getting involved? Terrorism has been running rampant, and the USA gets vilified by these folks when we try to help, or eliminate terrorists. Hell, far too many of these terrorists were aided by these countries, and everyone else mostly turned a blind eye.

Then Daesh kills a Jordanian. And Jordan starts bombing them. They kill Egyptians, and now Libya has started bombing them.

Why do they suddenly care about people dying? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see some fighting back, and it's about damned time - but it took one of their own being set on fire and some beheadings of Egyptians?

And IF they somehow get a handle on Daesh - will they continue to be upset by such barbaric acts - and continue to try and eradicate terrorism?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Look at the past 20-30 years. Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq. Trouble in Yemen, Libya, Pakistan. Syria, Egypt.... And through it all, all we saw/heard were riots and death. Many of us outright stated - why aren't Muslim leaders getting involved? Terrorism has been running rampant, and the USA gets vilified by these folks when we try to help, or eliminate terrorists. Hell, far too many of these terrorists were aided by these countries, and everyone else mostly turned a blind eye.

Then Daesh kills a Jordanian. And Jordan starts bombing them. They kill Egyptians, and now Libya has started bombing them.

Why do they suddenly care about people dying? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see some fighting back, and it's about damned time - but it took one of their own being set on fire and some beheadings of Egyptians?

And IF they somehow get a handle on Daesh - will they continue to be upset by such barbaric acts - and continue to try and eradicate terrorism?

They view ISIS as off the rails. It was ok as long as ISIS, CAPTURED AND MURDERED FOREIGN DEVILS but to do so to faithful muslims is a huge hell no.
Add in the tribal and the religious mix and you get that reaction to strike back to send a message! They all believe in extreme violence on innocent people.--Tyr

fj1200
02-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Probably because it's not about religion but national interests.

They view ISIS as off the rails. ... They all believe in extreme violence on innocent people.--Tyr

You should use facts to arrive at your conclusion rather than determining your conclusion and then looking for facts that fit.

jimnyc
02-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Probably because it's not about religion but national interests.

I think it's religion too. As my friend states, the things they are doing are "haram" or however the hell you spell it. These are things that are against their religion, the burning of the jordanian soldier for example.

I also think these folks had a national interest to stamp out terrorism prior. It's not like terrorism JUST started in Syria/Iraq, for starters.

I think it's a mixture of both - national interest and religion. But my point still remains, and it's that these people should have been fighting terrorism all along. The "who gives a fuck" attitude combined with turning a blind eye in so many places, leads to this crap. Many will always say that they can't/won't get involved in other countries - but watch how quickly that changes when just one person gets killed.

fj1200
02-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I think it's religion too. As my friend states, the things they are doing are "haram" or however the hell you spell it. These are things that are against their religion, the burning of the jordanian soldier for example.

I also think these folks had a national interest to stamp out terrorism prior. It's not like terrorism JUST started in Syria/Iraq, for starters.

I think it's a mixture of both - national interest and religion. But my point still remains, and it's that these people should have been fighting terrorism all along. The "who gives a fuck" attitude combined with turning a blind eye in so many places, leads to this crap. Many will always say that they can't/won't get involved in other countries - but watch how quickly that changes when just one person gets killed.

Terrorism? These people for the most part don't live like when western civilians get in a tizzy with one guy and a gun. It's never ending for them, it's just not the same to compare them to our world. And Jordan was already bombing ISIS before their guy got shot down. They may be doing it with more fervor now especially if they can gin up some religious reasoning but I think at heart it's a national interest story.

Don't get me wrong, I wish they would be doing the heavy lifting over there and think they should but just wailing against "terrorism" is a boogeyman to me.

But this is interesting. Whack jobs are scary enough but whack jobs with a plan??? :eek:

Is Jordan Facilitating ISIS' Grand Strategy? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-jordan-strategy_b_6674252.html)
BEIRUT -- Last September, I wrote (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/how-isis-is-using-us_b_5877570.html) that "Nothing that ISIS has done has been whimsical, rather it reflects serious planning and intentionality. A map of ISIS-intended conquest of territory with its oil wells all carefully marked out, dates back to 2006 (http://www.vox.com/a/maps-explain-crisis-iraq). Its strategy for taking Mosul was more than two years in its incubation." ISIS' horrific immolation of a caged Lt. Muath Al-Kaseasbeh, the Jordanian pilot, too, will have been done in full understanding of the emotional impact (http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/slaying-slaughtering-and-burning-isis-cinematic-caliphate)of the manner of his death on Jordanians and in the West: This was very deliberate -- not some spur-of-the-moment act of barbarism. It is important to understand what lies behind and beyond the event itself.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2015, 06:23 PM
You should use facts to arrive at your conclusion rather than determining your conclusion and then looking for facts that fit.

Just because I do not write a thesis on it doesn't mean I have not used facts to arrive at my conclusions. That is simply a lying accusation that you feel helps your views and degrades my character.
I have a very, very long thread at this forum detailing the thousand upon thousand of innocent victims Islam deliberately chooses to murder!
What the hell have you got to counter that!!!!!??????
ffing nada...
Reality bites, does it not!?- - :laugh:--Tyr

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?37131-Most-recent-muslim-terrorist-attacks

Most recent muslim terrorist attacks..

Started by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, 09-30-2012 11:44 AM

55 pages, 22 Attachment(s)
Replies: 814
Views: 20,535

fj1200
02-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Just because I do not write a thesis on it doesn't mean I have not used facts to arrive at my conclusions. That is simply a lying accusation that you feel helps your views and degrades my character.
I have a very, very long thread at this forum detailing the thousand upon thousand of innocent victims Islam deliberately chooses to murder!
What the hell have you got to counter that!!!!!??????
ffing nada...
Reality bites, does it not!?- - :laugh:--Tyr

You act as if I haven't watched you try and rationalize your hatred for almost three years and don't have anything on which to base my view. Almost every thread seems to devolve into some rant on Muslims and the globalists and BO no matter the twisting that you need to do to get it there. Every post of yours devolves into, "I don't understand, hit it with a stick." FWIW, you have a very long thread proving that there are very bad people and they'll use any bit of religion they can do justify their disgusting actions.

And I stand by my premise that you have reached a conclusion and you seek facts that justify it. It's not the only time either. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2015, 11:48 PM
You act as if I haven't watched you try and rationalize your hatred for almost three years and don't have anything on which to base my view. Almost every thread seems to devolve into some rant on Muslims and the globalists and BO no matter the twisting that you need to do to get it there. Every post of yours devolves into, "I don't understand, hit it with a stick." FWIW, you have a very long thread proving that there are very bad people and they'll use any bit of religion they can do justify their disgusting actions.

And I stand by my premise that you have reached a conclusion and you seek facts that justify it. It's not the only time either. ;)

ALL this time I've watched you defend the indefensible, defend the cancer as it grows and smugly think you are the only enlightened soul at this forum!
Excuse me for not being a coward, a liberal and a damn fool!
How in the damn hell would you know what I've researched and read over my 60+ years on this earth?? Or what gave me cause to reach the conclusion I've made!!!
Mighty damn knowledgeable on my entire life are you???? If so then prove it.
Start a list of the books in my personal library.
I have well over a thousand books on history, wars, battles, generals , rise and falls of empires.
That is the largest CATEGORY of the books I've collected and read in 45+ years of avid collecting and studying.

You presume to tell me how I come to my conclusions, what ffing gall and arrogance!!!
Speak to me face to face like that please!!!--Tyr

fj1200
02-18-2015, 10:01 AM
ALL this time I've watched you defend the indefensible, defend the cancer as it grows and smugly think you are the only enlightened soul at this forum!

No you haven't. If you're saying that what you've posted here repeatedly is not a microcosm of how you've reached your conclusion then I can admit I'm wrong but considering you can't even come to the correct conclusions regarding me I'm confident of my statement. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2015, 11:07 AM
No you haven't. If you're saying that what you've posted here repeatedly is not a microcosm of how you've reached your conclusion then I can admit I'm wrong but considering you can't even come to the correct conclusions regarding me I'm confident of my statement. :)

What on earth would what you think my overall conclusion on you have to do with the subject at hand? (Methinks you put too much personal bias into this topic and your own conclusions--as that statement so clearly indicates.)
Is it that old fallacy, if wrong on one thing wrong on all?
If so, do prove me wrong on the first thing first before you declare infinite knowledge and arrogant victory Hoss.
A helpful hint amigo, premature victory dances are never a good way to go..--Tyr

fj1200
02-18-2015, 11:37 AM
What on earth would what you think my overall conclusion on you have to do with the subject at hand? (Methinks you put too much personal bias into this topic and your own conclusions--as that statement so clearly indicates.)
Is it that old fallacy, if wrong on one thing wrong on all?
If so, do prove me wrong on the first thing first before you declare infinite knowledge and arrogant victory Hoss.
A helpful hint amigo, premature victory dances are never a good way to go..--Tyr

It goes to judgment. I've injected reasonable doubt. Besides, I'm not dancing just making determinations based on observation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2015, 03:10 PM
It goes to judgment. I've injected reasonable doubt. Besides, I'm not dancing just making determinations based on observation.

One can cast doubt upon anything. As to how "reasonable" that doubt is , you have failed to show.
Carry on soldier, the battle is heating up and I have tons of ammo and plenty of reserves. :laugh:--Tyr

fj1200
02-18-2015, 03:15 PM
One can cast doubt upon anything. As to how "reasonable" that doubt is , you have failed to show.
Carry on soldier, the battle is heating up and I have tons of ammo and plenty of reserves. :laugh:--Tyr

Keep telling yourself that. It must help your delusion. You can't even identify "lefties" correctly.