PDA

View Full Version : Gun enthusiasts, help me out with this one

gabosaurus
02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Gun enthusiasts are pushing for the right to open carry in all public places, including schools. But you can't have a weapon, open or concealed, at a gun show. Why is this?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RGinnDStnAM/UtvXa98pcGI/AAAAAAAAMcg/FcivK4pLuKw/s640/Photo%252520Jan%25252019%25252C%2525202014%25252C% 2525207%25253A42%252520AM.jpg

hjmick
02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Ever been to a gun show? Those fuckers are nuts...

Anton Chigurh
02-16-2015, 11:26 PM
:laugh:

Open carry doesn't count on private property, which is where most gun shows are. They rent the space but the property owner still can say, "no guns here."

darin
02-17-2015, 07:39 AM
More loaded guns changing hands = increased chance of injury or accident.

fj1200
02-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Why is this?

Globalists. :slap:

revelarts
02-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Gun enthusiasts are pushing for the right to open carry in all public places, including schools. But you can't have a weapon, open or concealed, at a gun show. Why is this?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RGinnDStnAM/UtvXa98pcGI/AAAAAAAAMcg/FcivK4pLuKw/s640/Photo%252520Jan%25252019%25252C%2525202014%25252C% 2525207%25253A42%252520AM.jpg

By order of the local police / city council?
:dunno:

Nukeman
02-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Looks to me that they are asking for all guns to be unloaded and that is it.. You can carry your gun concealed just without the clip in. Every gun show I have been to you have to check the gun at the front and have a "guard" put in the trigger mechanism.. Its more for safety than anything else. YOU have a bunch of people many of which are new to guns or "just browsing" and you don't want to hand them a potentially loaded weapon by mistake..

NightTrain
02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
When you are thinking about buying a firearm, you will ensure that it operates properly - that includes cycling it, pulling the trigger, being sure that everything works as it should, as well as closely inspecting that there aren't any broken components to it.

The first thing anyone should do when being handed a firearm is to be sure that there isn't any ammunition in the weapon. You do this for yourself and never take someone's word for it.

When John Q. Public is handling firearms and pulling triggers or even dropping them on the floor, it's a good idea that there is no ammo in them. It's not a shooting range; it's a crowded public market frequented by people who have no experience with firearms.

Little-Acorn
02-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Gun enthusiasts, help me out with this one

Because if they did, wild-eyed liberal nonthinkers such as yourself would scream even louder that the gun show was a bunch of armed assassins waiting on a hair trigger for the entire place to become a bloodbath. Even when no shots were ever fired.

On second thought, why do you ask anyone to "help" you? You will never listen to them or take their advice, and you will ignore the facts as always, no matter how often they are proven to you. There is nothing that any normal people can do, to help you.

gabosaurus
02-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the answers. I took by the signs that they didn't want any outside guns at the shows. Which would kind of defeat the purpose if you were looking for ammo or had a question for a dealer.

My sister and I went to the range over the weekend. I struggle to hit the target at long range. My sister can hit consistently from around 50 feet or so. The instructor said he feels sorry for anyone who breaks into her house. :cool:

tailfins
02-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the answers. I took by the signs that they didn't want any outside guns at the shows. Which would kind of defeat the purpose if you were looking for ammo or had a question for a dealer.

My sister and I went to the range over the weekend. I struggle to hit the target at long range. My sister can hit consistently from around 50 feet or so. The instructor said he feels sorry for anyone who breaks into her house. :cool:

Why would someone feel sorry for a person that commits crimes and puts people in danger?

Jeff
02-18-2015, 03:47 PM

Gabs down here Eastman puts on most of the shows and you can open carry you just can't have a mag in the gun and they also put a wire tie to make sure the gun is in operable, no need for me to explain the reasons the folks before me did that fine.

Gabs although long range shooting can be fun ( especially if ya make it a contest ) if you are practicing for self defense as long as you can put the bullet where you want at say 15 feet you are good, any further than that you really shouldn't be shooting, if he is coming at you and you just pull your gun and aim he will more than likley flee ( if not squeeze ) but as long as you can hit anywhere you want at 15' you are in good shape.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Why would someone feel sorry for a person that commits crimes and puts people in danger?

It's just an expression to indicate the criminal is going to be in a world of hurt. Or dead.
He doesn't really feel sorry.

aboutime
02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Gabs down here Eastman puts on most of the shows and you can open carry you just can't have a mag in the gun and they also put a wire tie to make sure the gun is in operable, no need for me to explain the reasons the folks before me did that fine.

Gabs although long range shooting can be fun ( especially if ya make it a contest ) if you are practicing for self defense as long as you can put the bullet where you want at say 15 feet you are good, any further than that you really shouldn't be shooting, if he is coming at you and you just pull your gun and aim he will more than likley flee ( if not squeeze ) but as long as you can hit anywhere you want at 15' you are in good shape.

Jeff. I experienced this sort of thing several years ago. The idea was...(from what I learned), that the Gun Show people were merely trying to prevent Unlicensed/Unregistered gun owners to try and SELL their own weapons, there at the gun show.

So, for gabby...and her simple question. It would be like gabby going to a Baseball game, with a bag full of Baseballs she might want to THROW at the players, instead of the other way around?????:laugh:

gabosaurus
02-18-2015, 06:50 PM
In one of my first gun training courses, the instructor had a wry sense of humor. One lady asked "if I shoot an intruder, how will I be able to convince police that I was in the right?" The instructor replied "If your aim is good enough, the only side of the story they will hear is yours." :cool:

Anton Chigurh
02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
In one of my first gun training courses, the instructor had a wry sense of humor. One lady asked "if I shoot an intruder, how will I be able to convince police that I was in the right?" The instructor replied "If your aim is good enough, the only side of the story they will hear is yours." :cool:And of course he must have been joking, because that is definitely not how it works.:lame2: