PDA

View Full Version : 10 Compliments That Wow a Man

Abbey Marie
06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Would you DP guys agree with this list? I thought most made sense, though I didn't expect the "cute feet" one.

Full article: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/47260/10-compliments-that-wow-a-man

10 Compliments That Wow a Man
by David Zinczenko -Men's Health
Mon, Jun 25, 2007

From an early age, men get hammered with the same message about how to treat women: More compliments, more listening, more romance. That's all well and good, as it should be. But sometimes, especially as relationships progress, men can also feel on the short-end of the fawning stick: Nearly 70 percent of men say they wish they received more regular compliments from their partner. I'm not suggesting that every guy has to be coddled and cuddled with verbal roses, but every once in a while, it's nice to throw one his way. While guys aren't particularly amped by compliments like "nice eyes" or "you're so beautiful," there are a few, simple things a woman can say to a man that really get him going. To wit:

"Your arms are definitely looking bigger."

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

...Because men value their sense of humor as one of their most important qualities, a hearty, genuine laugh is as flattering as it gets.

"Wow."

Doesn't matter whether it comes as he's getting undressed or after you've finished having sex, this short, sweet word (best done in a whisper) may just be the ultimate ego-stroke...

"You the man."

...But if it comes from a woman -- no matter the context -- the message is that, hey, we're buddies, too. Which is actually pretty darn sexy.

"The kids just adore you."

"What do you think?"

...I'm not saying that men should have the only say in decisions, but some guys do feel like they actually have very little.

"Cute feet."

...Tell a guy he has good feet, and somehow he takes it as a double-bagger compliment -- that you not only like his genetics, but also that you appreciate he can keep himself better groomed than the rest of the gnarly-nailed heathens out there.

"Meow."

...the message is one he likes to hear: That perhaps he's brought a little bit of the animal out of you.

"Impressive."

Guys love feats. They love accomplishments. They love being acknowledged for their strength, power, and, simply, their masculinity... feeds into his need to feel like the family protector.

"I want you."

(Self-explanatory!- Abbey)

glockmail
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
All men really want is for a woman to notice them and show up. Compliments, makeup, nice clothes, whatever, are all otherwise meaningless.

The ClayTaurus
06-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Would you DP guys agree with this list? I thought most made sense, though I didn't expect the "cute feet" one.

Full article: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/47260/10-compliments-that-wow-a-man
I'd say 6 out of the 10 I'd definitely agree with, noting of course that I have no kids to adore me. I don't know anyone in my circle who says "you the man!"
"what do you think" doesn't really do anything for me, but then I think it's something that is just part of everyday life. The cute feet is kind of strange, but then I don't spend time obsessing over them.

jackass
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
I agree with most. Who doesnt want to hear something like that from their partner?

darin
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM

eh? No big deal.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

Sincere laughter is a turn-on; I enjoy thinking my woman shares my sense of humor.

"Wow."

Context-driven. When I drop my pants? SURE! But TONE is important, too. I think the bottom line is this: I want to be 'something special' in her eyes. As the author pointed out; under the right context and tone, I'd say 'yup'...to the question of 'does it do anything for you'.

"You the man."

Laughable. too cliche.

I suppose. I like hearing my wife approves of my parenting.

"What do you think?"

Eh? That's not so great - especially if she doesnt follow my advice. Thing is, though, we have a biblically-structured marriage; nobody feels left out in decision-making and what-not.

"Cute feet."

? Not even close.

"Meow."

That's kinda hot. :) Cutesy.

Impressive

Generally - but it has to be done seriously. I can see-through blatant patronizing.

"I want you."

More-better than I love You.

Hagbard Celine
06-27-2007, 02:55 PM

eh? No big deal.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

Sincere laughter is a turn-on; I enjoy thinking my woman shares my sense of humor.

"Wow."

Context-driven. When I drop my pants? SURE! But TONE is important, too. I think the bottom line is this: I want to be 'something special' in her eyes. As the author pointed out; under the right context and tone, I'd say 'yup'...to the question of 'does it do anything for you'.

"You the man."

Laughable. too cliche.

I suppose. I like hearing my wife approves of my parenting.

"What do you think?"

Eh? That's not so great - especially if she doesnt follow my advice. Thing is, though, we have a biblically-structured marriage; nobody feels left out in decision-making and what-not.

"Cute feet."

? Not even close.

"Meow."

That's kinda hot. :) Cutesy.

Impressive

Generally - but it has to be done seriously. I can see-through blatant patronizing.

"I want you."

More-better than I love You.

I concur.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
[b]
"Wow."

Context-driven. When I drop my pants? SURE!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/1118.gif

Mr. P
06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Action does speak louder than words. I'll take action over words any day.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 03:37 PM

10 Compliments That Wow a Man
by David Zinczenko -Men's Health
Mon, Jun 25, 2007

From an early age, men get hammered with the same message about how to treat women: More compliments, more listening, more romance. That's all well and good, as it should be. But sometimes, especially as relationships progress, men can also feel on the short-end of the fawning stick: Nearly 70 percent of men say they wish they received more regular compliments from their partner. I'm not suggesting that every guy has to be coddled and cuddled with verbal roses, but every once in a while, it's nice to throw one his way. While guys aren't particularly amped by compliments like "nice eyes" or "you're so beautiful," there are a few, simple things a woman can say to a man that really get him going. To wit:

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

...Because men value their sense of humor as one of their most important qualities, a hearty, genuine laugh is as flattering as it gets.

"Wow."

Doesn't matter whether it comes as he's getting undressed or after you've finished having sex, this short, sweet word (best done in a whisper) may just be the ultimate ego-stroke...

"You the man."

...But if it comes from a woman -- no matter the context -- the message is that, hey, we're buddies, too. Which is actually pretty darn sexy.

"What do you think?"

...I'm not saying that men should have the only say in decisions, but some guys do feel like they actually have very little.

"Cute feet."

...Tell a guy he has good feet, and somehow he takes it as a double-bagger compliment -- that you not only like his genetics, but also that you appreciate he can keep himself better groomed than the rest of the gnarly-nailed heathens out there.

"Meow."

...the message is one he likes to hear: That perhaps he's brought a little bit of the animal out of you.

"Impressive."

Guys love feats. They love accomplishments. They love being acknowledged for their strength, power, and, simply, their masculinity... feeds into his need to feel like the family protector.

"I want you."

(Self-explanatory!- Abbey)

I hear the Your the Man one all the time. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM

I'm just starting to get back to the gym. But I mentioned that I was starting up again, and Angela purred like a... well, something that purrs a lot.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

Yeah, I like when she laughs at my jokes.

"Wow."

I agree with Darin, it's context driven. But normally, yeah, this is nice to hear.

"You the man."

I wouldn't want to hear this particular phrase, but the idea is nice.

As well they ought to! :D Actually, this is really nice to hear, especially with a teenage daughter.

"What do you think?"

I'm usually the one asking her this.

"Cute feet."

If this is followed by, "wanna get naked?" then it's a great line. Otherwise, it's stupid.

"Meow."

Actually, my wife and I say 'rowr' to each other... so yeah, I'm all about hearing that. :thumb:

"Impressive."

This is nice to hear in the context of something I did. It's not so impressive to hear in the Darth-Vader-in-the-beginning-of-the-Empire-Strikes-Back-lightsaber-duel context.
http://multimedia.theforce.net/museum/images/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Darth_Vader/The_Empire_Strikes_Back/sithlord.jpg

"I want you."

Hell yeah!!!