PDA

View Full Version : Islamic terror? I just don't see it...

jimnyc
02-19-2015, 07:03 AM
Someone posted on FB yesterday an intriguing thought. The White House speaks out about Fox News and how terrible they are - and in fact they have probably spoken out about Fox News MORE than they have denounced "muslim extremism or extremists". I have no data on this, hence me not posting the little snippet/picture - but HAVE you seen them condemn Fox News? Because I have. And HAVE you seen them condemn muslim extremists? Cause I haven't. Yes, they'll condemn actions, and groups and such like this article states, but are very careful to avoid using "muslims" and "islam". Political correctness at the highest levels.

WASHINGTON — They’re burning and beheading victims in the name of Islam, but President Obama delivered a major speech Wednesday on combating violent extremism — while refusing to use the words “Muslim terrorists.”

“No religion is responsible for terrorism — people are responsible for violence and terrorism,” Obama told a crowd that included Muslim community leaders at the White House.

Following months of unrelenting atrocities by ISIS killers who released videos of themselves beheading US journalists and, most recently, 21 Coptic Christians, and burning a man alive, the president kowtowed to the audience by proclaiming that “Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding.”

“Generations of Muslim immigrants came here and went to work as farmers and merchants and factory workers, helped to lay railroads and build up America,” he said.

“The first Islamic center in New York City was founded in the 1890s. America’s first mosque — this was an interesting fact — was in North Dakota.”

http://nypost.com/2015/02/18/obama-refuses-to-acknowledge-muslim-terrorists-at-summit/

fj1200
02-19-2015, 11:17 AM
BO sucks! But he hasn't authorized a bombing run on Fox News as of yet.

Thunderknuckles
02-19-2015, 11:55 AM
“No religion is responsible for terrorism — people are responsible for violence and terrorism,”

Obama, the next time you talk about gun control could you use the same logic?

"No guns are responsible for killing people - people are responsible for killing people"

jimnyc
02-19-2015, 11:59 AM

Worse, he uses the highest office in the land to condemn them to the world. And while there, finds little time, if any, to condemn "islamic" or "muslim" terrorism. I find the priorities off.

fj1200
02-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Worse, he uses the highest office in the land to condemn them to the world. And while there, finds little time, if any, to condemn "islamic" or "muslim" terrorism. I find the priorities off.

Dammit! :mad: How am I supposed to disagree with that?

Kathianne
02-19-2015, 12:30 PM
In the same vein, fiddling while the world burns.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/414021/our-dangerous-historical-moment-victor-davis-hanson

Our Dangerous Historical Moment

by VICTOR DAVIS HANSON February 19, 2015 1:00 AM Obama and European leaders are repeating the mistakes of their 1930s predecessors.

Premodern monsters are on the move. The Islamic State is carving up Syria and Iraq to fashion a fascist caliphate.
Vladimir Putin gobbles up his neighbors in Ossetia, Crimea, and eastern Ukraine, in crude imitation of the way Germany once swallowed Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Poland.

Theocratic Iran is turning Yemen, Iraq, and Lebanon into a new Iranian version of Japan’s old Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

The Western response to all this? Likewise, similar to the 1930s.

The NATO allies are terrified that Putin will next attack the NATO-member Baltic states — and that their own paralysis will mean the embarrassing end of the once-noble alliance.

The United States has now fled from four Middle Eastern countries. It forfeited its post-surge victory in Iraq. It was chased out of Libya after the killings of Americans in Benghazi. American red lines quickly turned pink in Syria. U.S. Marines just laid down their weapons and flew out of the closed American embassy in Yemen.

America has convinced its European partners to drop tough sanctions against Iran. In the manner of the Allies in 1938 at Munich, they prefer instead to charm Iran, in hopes it will stop making a nuclear bomb.

The Islamic State has used almost a year of unchallenged aggression to remake the map of the Middle East. President Obama had variously dismissed it as a jayvee team or merely akin to the problems that big-city mayors face.

Europeans pay out millions to ransom their citizens from radical Islamic hostage-beheaders. Americans handed over terrorist kingpins to get back a likely Army deserter.

Then we come to the return of the Jewish question. Seventy years after the end of the Holocaust, Jews are once again leaving France. They have learned that weak governments either will not or cannot protect them from Islamic terrorists.

In France, radical Islamists recently targeted a kosher market. In Denmark, they went after a synagogue. In South Africa, students demanded the expulsion of Jewish students from a university. A Jewish prosecutor who was investigating the 1994 bombing of a Jewish community center in Argentina was found mysteriously murdered.

Meanwhile, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is being blamed for stoking Middle Eastern tensions. Who cares that he resides over the region’s only true democracy, one that is stable and protects human rights? Obama-administration aides have called him a coward and worse. President Obama has dismissed the radical Islamists’ targeting of Jews in France merely as “randomly shoot[ing] a bunch of folks in a deli.”

Putin, the Islamic State, and Iran at first glance have as little in common as did Germany, Italy, and Japan. But like the old Axis, they are all authoritarians that share a desire to attack their neighbors. And they all hate the West.

The grandchildren of those who appeased the dictators of the 1930s once again prefer in the short term to turn a blind eye to the current fascists. And the grandchildren of the survivors of the Holocaust once again get blamed.

The 1930s should have taught us that aggressive autocrats do not have to like each other to share hatred of the West.

The 1930s should have demonstrated to us that old-time American isolationism and the same old European appeasement will not prevent but only guarantee a war. And the 1930s should have reminded us that Jews are usually among the first — but not the last — to be targeted by terrorists, thugs, and autocrats.

gabosaurus
02-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Islam itself is not the threat. It is radical Islam that is the threat.

By the way, are you aware of how Radical Islam recruits wavering prospects? By pointing out how much Americans hate them. Every incident like the North Carolina shooting plays into their hands. Every mosque bombing, every Fox News story, every call to conservative radio fuels the fire.

It's the same principle that the gun control lobby uses whenever a mass shooting occurs. They are all over the media with calls for gun control, and how guns kills people. Those who want to keep guns reply that people kill people, not guns.
Radical Islamic groups target forums (like this one) that call for all Muslims to be exterminated to inspire hatred. "They don't just hate the radicals. They hate all of us. Come to our side where it is safe."

You should read some of the radical Islamic media and forums. They think all Americans are stupid. We don't believe in God, we hate our government, we don't care if our soldiers get killed. They keep hoping someone will kill Obama so they don't have to.
Perhaps they are right.

Anton Chigurh
02-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Islam itself is not the threat. It is radical Islam that is the threat. Yeah.

A Muslim is someone who reads Mohammed. A Jihadist is someone who understands Mohammed.

It's just reality and it's really just that simple..

jimnyc
02-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Islam itself is not the threat. It is radical Islam that is the threat.

And the article I posted did not state otherwise. The point they were making was that Obama will call them "radicals" and "radical groups" and all kinds of other things, but has trouble stating "radical islam" or "muslim terrorists". He knows there is a problem, but he is trying to separate Islam from the radical part. Simply telling it like it is and not being politically correct, that doesn't mean he is blaming all muslims or all Islam.

Olivia
02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
I have one question! Do the radical extremists read the same Quran as the moderates? Why after 9-11 were muslims in America celebrating the attacks? Okay! That's two questions.

Point being iif Muslims have a PR problem it is of their own making.

Anton Chigurh
02-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I have one question! Do the radical extremists read the same Quran as the moderates? Why after 9-11 were muslims in America celebrating the attacks? Okay! That's two questions.

Point being iif Muslims have a PR problem it is of their own making.So see, you're cheating and not being fair. 1.) It WAS two questions, and 2.) you used logic.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 12:23 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/cartoons/images/2015/02/19/nick_anderson_current_cartoon_2015-02-19_5_.jpg

fj1200
02-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Why after 9-11 were muslims in America celebrating the attacks?

In a Joint Statement by the American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Muslim_Council), Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_American-Islamic_Relations), Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Circle_of_North_America), Islamic Society of North America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Society_of_North_America), Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_American_Society) and Muslim Public Affairs Council (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Public_Affairs_Council), stated:

American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_September_11_attacks

:unsure:

jimnyc
02-20-2015, 08:34 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_September_11_attacks

:unsure:

No doubt, many condemned the attacks, and many world wide chimed in as well. But many still cheered, both here and abroad. Blaming all of being bad doesn't work, nor does ignoring the minority who did do things like this.

jimnyc
02-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Short watch, but a start. This covers 9/11 AND current times...

"I love Osama Bin Laden - more than I love myself"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

jimnyc
02-20-2015, 08:39 AM
This is not in America, but the most popular video. We all have seen it before. I'm just hoping they are all dead by now, especially the homely bitch who is ranting starting at the .5 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-p1LEBAujE

fj1200
02-20-2015, 09:04 AM
No doubt, many condemned the attacks, and many world wide chimed in as well. But many still cheered, both here and abroad. Blaming all of being bad doesn't work, nor does ignoring the minority who did do things like this.

Do you think she was trying to imply the majority or a minority? Surely she implied a majority. You can find a minority celebrating anything.

jimnyc
02-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Do you think she was trying to imply the majority or a minority? Surely she implied a majority. You can find a minority celebrating anything.

I assumed "some" when she stated "muslims were celebrating". I honestly couldn't tell if she meant "all" or a minority. She can clarify...

And I agree about the minority, but this wasn't just a small handful like the westboro baptist idiots. This was a large celebration, both in and outside America, by more than one small group. Let's face it, many were happy to see us get hit with shit they have seen all of their lives. Some still see Osama as a hero, and the hijackers as heroes and martyrs. Not even close to all of them, but also not close to a tiny group.

WBC is a minority in an extremely small group, likely less than 50. Muslims celebrating 9/11 and still hating America might be a minority, but it's a MUCH larger minority. Just like radicals in Islam. Sure, they may be the minority, but the numbers are in the millions and millions.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-20-2015, 10:35 AM

Only due to a major backlog on the production of those specialized drones! -Tyr

fj1200
02-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Only due to a major backlog on the production of those specialized drones! -Tyr

I thought you were among the first to acknowledge the existence of little black helicopters. :unsure:

My mistake.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 01:18 PM
the thing that i remember about Obama that bugs concerning the -no mention of Islam-- thing are his old campaign speech comments about the American poor and working class who he said turned to "cling to guns and religion" after disappointment with life and BS gov't. promises and actions.

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them," ... "And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxXUufI3jA

If he can make this pseudo-scientific rationalization of why some Americans didn't support him then he should have no problem making some connections between Isis's clinging to THEIR guns and RELIGION and acting on real or imagined frustrations.

But I agree with Obama and Bush that we should not demonize all of Islam as murders and terrorist. But it's disingenuous NOT to mention that religion is a factor for those Muslims that are.

Didn't they mention religion at Waco TX? And at Jonestown?
the leaders claimed Christian faith but we all knew it was really a twisted cult.
Don't we mention religion in India when Hindus attack a mosque, no on just calls it random violence.
Or when the threat of nukes comes up between India and Pakistan?
With Isis at least call them a Muslim cult. in fact that'd be better!
isolate them and if people claim Isis then call them cult members as well.
the Muslim Cult Isis.

And name the victims a Christians, Jews, Hindus and Muslims.
this make a very a useful distinction i think.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 01:25 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/Loralei_01/tumblr_nk0qiy6tmT1r29p1do1_500_zps5nxc25fr.jpg

no terrorist dancing here?

revelarts
02-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Young Muslim man defends Jews on train from thugs beating on them and calling a Jewish man a "Christ Killer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47O0bRdSDg

the point, not all Muslims are the enemy.
broad brush sterotypes are counter productive.

Anton Chigurh
02-20-2015, 06:03 PM
the point, not all Muslims are the enemy.
broad brush sterotypes are counter productive.So are straw men.

Nobody's ever said ALL muslims are bad, or are the enemy.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 07:33 PM
So are straw men.

Nobody's ever said ALL muslims are bad, or are the enemy.
no?
"1. It is Islam stupid!."

Anton Chigurh
02-20-2015, 07:37 PM
no?
"1. It is Islam stupid!.":laugh:

I can make up quotes with the best of 'em.

Of course some of John Q. Public might say that, but no public officials I've ever seen have. Of course, there's a large part of John Q. Public who rails against Christianity, Judaism, and other faiths, claiming those are just as bad if not worse.

Point is, Obama and this Menstruation are trying really hard to make it sound like it is the general consensus that Islam is to blame, when clearly it's far from true. It is a straw argument done to mollify political correctness.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
:laugh:

I can make up quotes with the best of 'em...

make up quotes?
that "made up" quote is from here
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48725-My-Nine-Great-Truths-a-list-of-important-truths-under-attack-today-in-America

with 2 "THANKS" for the ideas.

Anton Chigurh
02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
make up quotes?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48725-My-Nine-Great-Truths-a-list-of-important-truths-under-attack-today-in-America

with 2 "THANKS" for the ideas.Now see? It's attributed. That's how we know it isn't made up ya see.

When a anonymous poster on a message board amounts to relevant, and when it really represents a majority of the American public, then the "Muslims aren't the enemmmmmmy" thing is no longer a straw.

Of course some of John Q. Public might say that, but no public officials I've ever seen have. Also of course, there's a large part of John Q. Public who rails against Christianity, Judaism, and other faiths, claiming those are just as bad if not worse.

Point is, Obama and this Menstruation are trying really hard to make it sound like it is the general consensus that Islam is to blame, when clearly it's far from true. It is a false argument done to mollify political correctness and it is inherently dishonest.

But, you already know that.

revelarts
02-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Now see? It's attributed. That's how we know it isn't made up ya see.

When a anonymous poster on a message board amounts to relevant, and when it really represents a majority of the American public, then the "Muslims aren't the enemmmmmmy" thing is no longer a straw.

Of course some of John Q. Public might say that, but no public officials I've ever seen have. Also of course, there's a large part of John Q. Public who rails against Christianity, Judaism, and other faiths, claiming those are just as bad if not worse.

Point is, Obama and this Menstruation are trying really hard to make it sound like it is the general consensus that Islam is to blame, when clearly it's far from true. It is a false argument done to mollify political correctness and it is inherently dishonest.

But, you already know that.

AC i was addressing some people's attitude on this board. I can only hope that the sentiment's not wide spread.

What Obama's doing to make it worse i addressed a bit in other post.

But i as a sidebar here i have to note
I'm sure youre sincere here in your assessment of my post not being attributed. Ok fine.
but frankly i'm feeling a bit piss about that because , I've stopped putting anything in quotes that's not a direct quote from a person on this board or a public figure because others have complained that, if I do in fact MAKE UP an outlandish quote as a joke with NO name attached that people will ASSUME it IS in fact from someone on the board.
But you've done just the opposite, as i say, with sincere intent i'm sure.

But it seems, I'm danged if i do, danged if i don't.

Anton Chigurh
02-20-2015, 09:24 PM
But i as a sidebar here i have to note
I'm sure youre sincere here in your assessment of my post not being attributed. Ok fine.
but frankly i'm feeling a bit piss about that because , I've stopped putting anything in quotes that's not a direct quote from a person on this board or a public figure because others have complained that, if I do in fact MAKE UP an outlandish quote as a joke with NO name attached that people will ASSUME it IS in fact from someone on the board.
But you've done just the opposite, as i say, with sincere intent i'm sure.

But it seems, I'm danged if i do, danged if i don't.It's all in good humor from me man, not trying to be a meanie but couldn't resist.:coffee:

LongTermGuy
02-20-2015, 09:29 PM
make up quotes?

with 2 "THANKS" for the ideas.

*​You have a problem with `thanks` on a particular post?
*Are you reading and digesting a "different "good" version" of the koran....*That is `against` sharia-law....the abuse of women and children...animals...infidels (civilized people"..... *The use of lying (Taqiyya and Kitman)...to gain trust from western infidels?

<tbody>
What does the
Religion of Peace
Teach About...

.....Wife-Beating?

The Qur'an:Qur'an (4:34) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/004-qmt.php#004.034) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

</tbody>

Qur'an (38:44) (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/038-qmt.php#038.044) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife (Tafsir (http://quranx.com/Tafsirs/38.44)).

<tbody>
Wife Beating: Good Enough for Muhammad, Good Enough for You
Verse 4:34 of the Qur'an is a `challenge `for
contemporary Muslim apologists in the West.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/images/spacerR.gif

The three major English translations of the Qur'an were completed by Muslims early in the 20th century. Though working independently, each translator came to the same conclusion concerning verse 4:34 - namely that it commands husbands to beat their wives in a manner that causes pain - if the circumstances agree (Yusuf Ali tried to mitigate this somewhat by adding the word "lightly" in parentheses).
Beating the wife who will not submit (albeit as a last resort) is very much in line with the traditional interpretation that Islamic clerics have held since the time of Muhammad. After all, the Qur'an plainly states that men are in charge (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/004-qmt.php#004.034) of women."

<tbody>
Ten Obvious Reasons Why
Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace

18,000 deadly terror attacks (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/) committed explicitly in the name of Islam in just the last ten years. (Other religions combined for perhaps a dozen or so).

Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, had people killed (http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/dead_poets.htm)for insulting him or for criticizing his religion. This included women. Muslims are told to emulate (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/033-qmt.php#033.021) the example of Muhammad.

Muhammad said (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/001-smt.php#001.0033) in many places that he has been"ordered by Allah to fight men until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger." In the last nine years of his life, he ordered no less than 65 military campaigns to do exactly that.
Muhammad inspired his men to war with the basest of motives, using captured loot (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/048-qmt.php#048.019), sex (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/008-smt.php#008.3432) and agluttonous paradise (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/056-qmt.php#056.015) as incentives. He beheaded captives (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/abudawud/038-sat.php#038.4390),enslaved children (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/074-sbt.php#008.074.278) and raped women (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/062-sbt.php#007.062.137) captured in battle. Again, Muslims are told to emulate the example of Muhammad.

After Muhammad died, the people who lived with him and knew his religion best immediately fell into war with each other.
Fatima, Muhammad's favorite daughter, survived the early years among the unbelievers at Mecca safe and sound, yet died of stress from the persecution of fellow Muslims only six monthsafter her father died. She even miscarried Muhammad's grandchild after having her ribs broken by the man who became the second caliph.
Fatima's husband Ali, who was the second convert to Islam and was raised like a son to Muhammad, fought a civil war against an army raised by Aisha, Muhammad's favorite wife - and one whom he had said was a "perfect woman (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/031-smt.php#031.5966)." 10,000 Muslims were killed in a single battle waged less than 25 years after Muhammad's death.
Three of the first four Muslim rulers (caliphs) were murdered. All of them were among Muhammad's closest companions. The third caliph was killed by allies of the son of the first (who was murdered by the fifth caliph a few years later, then wrapped in the skin of a dead donkey and burned). The fourth caliph (Ali) was stabbed to death after a bitter dispute with the fifth. The fifth caliph went on to poison one of Muhammad's two favorite grandsons. The other grandson was later beheaded by the sixth caliph.
The infighting and power struggles between Muhammad's family members, closest companions and their children only intensified with time. Within 50 short years of Muhammad's death, even the Kaaba, which had stood for centuries under pagan religion, lay in ruins from internal Muslim war...
And that's just the fate of those within the house of Islam!

Muhammad directed Muslims to wage war on other religions and bring them under submission (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/009-qmt.php#009.029) to Islam. Within the first few decades following his death, his Arabian companions invaded and conquered Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian lands.A mere 25 years after Muhammad's death, Muslim armies had captured land and people within the borders of over 28 modern countriesoutside of Saudi Arabia.

Muslims continued their Jihad against other religions for 1400 years, checked only by the ability of non-Muslims to defend themselves. To this day, not a week goes by that Islamic fundamentalists do not attempt to kill Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists explicitly in the name of Allah.
None of these other religions are at war with each other.

Islam is the only religion that has to retain its membership by threatening to kill anyone who leaves. This is according to the example (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/052-sbt.php#004.052.260) set by Muhammad.

Islam teaches that non-Muslims are less than fully human. Muhammad said that Muslims can be put to death for murder (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/083-sbt.php#009.083.017), but that a Muslim could never (http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/083-sbt.php#009.083.050) be put to death for killing a non-Muslim.

The Qur'an never once speaks of Allah's love for non-Muslims, but it speaks of Allah's cruelty toward and hatred of non-Muslims more than 500 times (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/024-hell-and-hate.htm).

"Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!"
(The last words from the cockpit of Flight 93)

</tbody>

</tbody>

*Ya...Keep looking for those special sweet little videos of the "good" `koran reading` muslims....