PDA

View Full Version : Bill Would Let Legal Gun Owners Carry Weapons Around Country

Jeff
02-19-2015, 07:38 AM
This is a older E mail I had ( a week or so ) so I am not sure if they have voted on this yet or not and honestly I am to lazy to look it up, simply because I know even though it only missed by 3 votes last time it was introduced it won't never get passed. The Big money states are the ones with the toughest gun laws ( heck they are also the states with the highest crime, go figure ) but this would be fantastic if it passed.

Have gun will travel….
Check it out:
Gun owners with legal permits would be allowed to carry concealed weapons around the country under a bill introduced in the Senate — a measure that previously came just three votes shy of passage in a Democratic-controlled chamber.

http://patriotupdate.com/2015/02/bill-let-legal-gun-owners-carry-weapons-around-country/#

indago
02-19-2015, 10:36 AM
From The Associated Press 18 February 2015:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore has drawn criticism over a comment about concealed weapon permits. ...saying "hot little girls" need concealed weapons to defend themselves from rapists. She said assaults would decrease once sexual predators got bullets in their heads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR_ASSEMBLYWOMAN_FIORE_GUN_REMARKS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-02-18-19-34-35)

Ahhhh! My kind of woman...

fj1200
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
This is a older E mail I had ( a week or so ) so I am not sure if they have voted on this yet or not and honestly I am to lazy to look it up, simply because I know even though it only missed by 3 votes last time it was introduced it won't never get passed. The Big money states are the ones with the toughest gun laws ( heck they are also the states with the highest crime, go figure ) but this would be fantastic if it passed.

Interesting. How do you feel about State's Rights. :poke: I was talking to a neighbor friend of mine about when he's carrying and crossing state lines and what the rules are... He said that he just has to comply with whatever the law says in that state. For example he might have to pull over and put in in a case in the trunk if that's what SC? says.

LongTermGuy
02-19-2015, 09:21 PM
`Before a trip...research / knowledge is good...

`Select all states that you have a permit in to see all states you permit(s) are honored`

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_information.html (http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_information.html)

Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgun/handgunfaqs.shtml

Jeff
02-20-2015, 06:55 AM
Interesting. How do you feel about State's Rights. :poke: I was talking to a neighbor friend of mine about when he's carrying and crossing state lines and what the rules are... He said that he just has to comply with whatever the law says in that state. For example he might have to pull over and put in in a case in the trunk if that's what SC? says.

Funny you should mention SC, I live in GA, about 20 minutes from SC and I can go in any direction and carry ( these other states recognize my carry permit ) but when entering SC I have to remove the mag put it in the glove box and my gun in the center console ( that is there rule, they don't recognize GA's carry permit ) but while living in SC there where many times I would come out of the woods with a pistol on my side, jump in my truck with a shot gun and a rifle in the back window ( barrels had to be facing towards the passenger side ) More than once I went through a Lisc. check just like this and nothing was ever said, but now that I have a GA tag the rules apply :rolleyes: See SC makes you pay for a class to get your permit, one day in a classroom and then 6 shots at a range, I taught my kids more than they could in that time by the time they where 4,and GA you just have to have all the background checks done, yes it's all about $$$$ My Dad lived in SC and had a permit and was afraid to carry in GA, now the GA law says you can carry anyway you want in your car, ( they say your car is a extension of your home ) but he must leave it in his car or have it in a closed container ( a bag works ) when taking it out of his car. When passing through any state you must just do as the residents have to do in that state, if they don't except your permit, GA's permit are recognized in 28 states right now, but as I said it should be all.

As for individual state laws, yes I follow each one, but I shouldn't have to. #1 the Constitution says I have a right to carry #2 the Federal Government ran a check on me and said I was a law abiding citizen.

This is why I would love to see this law go through, than I could carry in any state, but like I said with the big cities all in liberal states that will never happen.

fj1200
02-20-2015, 09:23 AM
As for individual state laws, yes I follow each one, but I shouldn't have to. #1 the Constitution says I have a right to carry #2 the Federal Government ran a check on me and said I was a law abiding citizen.

This is why I would love to see this law go through, than I could carry in any state, but like I said with the big cities all in liberal states that will never happen.

Actually the Full Faith and Credit Clause goes further than 2A IMO.

Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

Of course you would need to abide by the rules of the individual states.

Jeff
02-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Actually the Full Faith and Credit Clause goes further than 2A IMO.

Of course you would need to abide by the rules of the individual states.

As I said I do follow each to the Tee
As for individual state laws, yes I follow each one, and as I said I don't feel I should have to, but I could live with that if this law would pass, let me see I wouldn't be able to carry in NY,CA, NJ well hell any liberal state and honestly I don't have a need or a want to go to them, other than to see family in a couple and I always have a little something with me there as well ( see I follow the law but in the same token I am not a idiot )