PDA

View Full Version : I feel MUCH better now.

Bilgerat
02-19-2015, 02:55 PM
For the past days I have been in a foul mood. I mean, a nasty, rotten foul mood.

My son suggested that I take some of my handguns and drive to the range. After expending a few boxes, he believed I would feel better. I had concerns that on the way, some idiot would do something that would result in a "news at 11:00" moment, so I kept the weapons secured and just tried to be good.

Then today, blessed relief.

I went to our local Publix for some foodstuffs. As I was exiting, I witnessed an out of state vehicle attempt to park in the handicapped space next to a truck. The truck was also exhibiting a sticker and had a hook from it's chairlift over the side the idiot was trying to cram her vehicle in.

The idiot literally had to squeeze out from her vehicle (a space a large gerbil would have had problems with). I stopped her and pointed out that the hook she deftly avoided dangling from the truck was most likely for an electric vehicle for the handicapped person already parked there.

Her response was "but I'm handicapped".

Something in my head went click, I swear I didn't mean to degrade her, but damn!

"Are you really that dense" I asked? "Do you mean to tell me that you are handicapped after you literally oozed out of your car"? "Does your state award handicapped stickers to the mentally challanged"?

She spun on her heel, oozed back in her car and left immediately. But something new gets added.

From behind me a croaking voice yells "are you leaving? I want your space".

I look to see an obese toad of a female, exhaling a large cloud of smoke and I notice that she has a nasal cannula for oxygen.

"No madam, I am not departing soon. As the good people who own this parking lot haven't seen fit to place time limits on the parking spaces, I feel that right now my time is best served attempting to educate those who seem to be idiots".

Passing strange, but she drove off too.

And I feel MUCH better now.

tailfins
02-19-2015, 07:49 PM
You're too nice. I like to wait until those without placards go into the store then ask the manager to call the cops/tow truck.

Jeff
02-20-2015, 07:19 AM
This is a pet peeve of mine, I have a handicap placard and only use it if I am truly needing it that day, see there are folks that need it everyday. I love to see these scum bags that back into the spot ( so ya can't see their tag, man they are clever :rolleyes: ) last weekend coming out of Wally World there was a nice 4 wheel drive parked in the front handicap spot, it was nice, lifted high, GA sticker across the back window, stacks in the bed ( yes it was a diesel ) nice real nice, so I grabbed the tool I have to remove the guts from the valve stem and nicely loosened it, then I sat in my truck and watched the young kid ( 19, 20 ) come out and basically go to crying because he had a flat, I walked over with the air tank I had and looked at the tire ( as though I was checking for nails ) and told him to listen, the air was still leaking out of the valve stem and I just happened to have a tool to tighten it and a tank to air it back :laugh: I explained to him how stupid it was to park in that spot as I got him going and as he walked over to my truck to thank me I made sure he seen my placard, not sure if he figured it out, but somehow I don't think anyone is that stupid.

glockmail
02-20-2015, 08:10 AM
My brother-in-law who died several years ago from his illness was truly handicapped with muscular dystrophy. He got around in a modified van, and got in-out on a scooter with a side ramp. When we went out he drove and it was nearly impossible to find a parking space. All the HC spaces were always full, usually people who could walk just fine.Back when this law went into affect very few had the placards and the law was respected. Some of the folks who had them though went overboard to be douches. I parked my motorcycle next to a HC space and came out to see the owner of a ramp van with his ramp suspended over my bike. He's giving me the stink eye and I'm in a legal space, and there were three other HC spaces, adjacent, that he could have chosen.

Bilgerat
02-20-2015, 08:49 AM
This is a pet peeve of mine, I have a handicap placard and only use it if I am truly needing it that day, see there are folks that need it everyday.

I'm in the same shape (due to my service connected issues).

One of the biggest issues I see here in Florida is the "youts" that have someones placard, but use the parking privileges that come with it.

darin
02-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Human nature to gravitate towards the 'easy path' despite how being essentially a leach on society and a 'taker' ruins the human spirit. I've been offered to use a colleague's handicapped placard so I could "park closer!".

OMG. Stop driving around for 20 minutes to park 50 feet closer, you fat fockers. :)

Bilgerat
02-20-2015, 09:44 AM
OMG. Stop driving around for 20 minutes to park 50 feet closer, you fat fockers. :)

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/tombaky/tombaky0909/tombaky090900008/5503924-%E5%8F%B3%E5%81%B4%E3%81%AE%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%8 2%B2%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%80%81%E5%8B%9D%E5%88%A9% E3%81%AE%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9C%E3%83%AB%E3%81 %AE%E7%9F%A2%E5%8D%B0.jpg

Jeff
02-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Human nature to gravitate towards the 'easy path' despite how being essentially a leach on society and a 'taker' ruins the human spirit. I've been offered to use a colleague's handicapped placard so I could "park closer!".

If ya watch and I do, I hate going into the stores so yes I will drop the wife off and sit in the fire zone while she shops and just watch the trash go in and out of Walmart, and you are exactly right, the folks that try and get away with parking in the HC parking are 90% of the time way over weight and filthy, Lazy bastards is usually what I will holler at them when they walk by me.

glockmail
02-21-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm Picky Parker, and I treat my cars like babies. I always park far away from the store to avoid these assholes.

Jeff
02-21-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm Picky Parker, and I treat my cars like babies. I always park far away from the store to avoid these assholes.

If I am feeling well enough I do the same thing Glock, that 2 minute walk ya save will usually put at least one new dent in the car in some Walmarts.

Good to see ya posting man, hope all is well with you and yours.

sundaydriver
02-21-2015, 07:52 AM

So do I, but often still come out to find a junker parked next to me in the middle of nowhere.

Except when I take the Camaro. I park so far away I bring something to drink & a snack for the walk.

fj1200
02-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Um...

... I will drop the wife off and sit in the fire zone ... Lazy bastards ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/23/article-0-1971C156000005DC-334_306x586.jpg

Elessar
02-22-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm in the same shape (due to my service connected issues).

One of the biggest issues I see here in Florida is the "youts" that have someones placard, but use the parking privileges that come with it.

I am certainly eligible for one because of knees and back (also service connected), but have not gotten tags
or placards.

I've always figured there were others that need them more than me - but I have seen instances such as mentioned above
that really make me gind my teeth.

SassyLady
02-22-2015, 10:36 PM
Some places have "handicapped" parking for pregnant women. Saw one at Baby-R-Us and thought "what???"
Aren't most people going there pregnant? Half the parking lot would be handicapped. :laugh:

Perianne
02-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Some places have "handicapped" parking for pregnant women. Saw one at Baby-R-Us and thought "what???"
Aren't most people going there pregnant? Half the parking lot would be handicapped. :laugh:

I think those spots are for Progressives who haven't aborted their babies.

fj1200
02-23-2015, 09:12 AM

I've seen them as "new mother" or "expectant mother" signs.

darin
02-23-2015, 12:16 PM
I suppose EVERY woman could be an 'expectant' mother. I'd park there anyway - claim I'm an expectant father. :) Equality, bitches!!

Drummond
02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Um...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/23/article-0-1971C156000005DC-334_306x586.jpg

Greetings to you too, FJ !!! :eek:

fj1200
02-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Greetings to you too, FJ !!! :eek:

Not me, I can't pull that hat off.

SassyLady
02-23-2015, 05:02 PM
I suppose EVERY woman could be an 'expectant' mother. I'd park there anyway - claim I'm an expectant father. :) Equality, bitches!!

If you want equality you carry around an extra 20 lbs for months and you deliver the little tyke! And that's just the beginning of what you would have to go through to have equality! :slap: