PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo's Responce on the Senate voting for Immigration.

nevadamedic
06-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Dear Don,

Yesterday, 64 United States Senators – including two of my opponents for the Republican presidential nomination, Sam Brownback and John McCain -- voted to move the Bush-Kennedy-McCain Amnesty bill forward.

When those 64 Senators cast their “aye” votes, they betrayed the trust of the American people and the security of the United States. It really is that simple!

I am absolutely disgusted at the arrogance of those Senators who freely disregard the will of the American people by their support of massive amnesty for illegal aliens. They have willfully ignored the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty bill, in order to feed the corporate special interests and appease the Hispanic lobby!

If this miserable legislation makes it out of the Senate, I pledge to you that I will move heaven and earth to stop it in the House of Representatives. I beat amnesty out of the last bill that passed the House in December 2005, which was a good “enforcement only” measure. I am ready to lead the charge again!

But I need your help!

First, please call your United States Senators again today and tell them how strongly you oppose any bill that grants amnesty to illegal aliens. Your phone calls are the reason yesterday’s procedural vote was so close, which means we have a decent shot at killing this beast in the next few days, if we can just keep up the pressure!

The Capitol switchboard number is 202-224-3121. If you have already called your Senators, thank you…..but please call them again!

Second, make a contribution today to help our presidential campaign! I need your help to make sure Republican voters, in Iowa, New Hampshire, and all across the country, know that I am the one candidate who stands foursquare for full enforcement of our immigration laws, and against any form of amnesty for illegals.

If you can help us with a special contribution, I believe we can ultimately beat Bush, Kennedy and McCain, in the Congress and also in the country. But we need your generous help today!

Tom Tancredo