PDA

View Full Version : The Neighbor shot my dog

Jeff
02-23-2015, 07:35 AM
Yes, the hatred and fear ( or lets be honest, uneducated, not meant in a nasty way but it is the truth ) got my dog killed, I didn't sleep one night last week all night long due to the ice storm ( keeping a fire going in a fire place for warmth takes a lot of work ) anyway I went to sleep during the next day and slept for about 4 hours, well my kids where off from school for some break ( man seems like they have at least a week off every month for one reason or another ) and kids being kids they let my Bully out and forgot she was out ( she was short but weighed 78lbs, solid rock muscle ) I knew if this dog ever went to wandering the neighborhood she would either be shot due to her looks or stolen, due to her great personality ( I never heard that dog even growl, most would of said she wasn't a good Bully because hell when my other dogs would go to fussing she would run to the porch to go in, she didn't have a nasty bone in her body )

Well I woke up and asked my boys were Khaos was and they said outside, I called her and she didn't come right away ( when she use to wander her and one of my other dogs would wander two house away and run along the fence there racing and barking at the dogs there) Well I would call her and would watch, the male Rocky would break the wood line first and K ( Khaos ) being a short legged dog wouldn't be far behind but she always came when called, well being it was so cold I shut the front door and as I was walking to my chair I heard the shot and the lick, seems the ass that lives next to me ( his house sits a few hundred yards behind mine but he would still be my next door neighbor ) shot her, I admittedly started calling her and went outside and walked the property line but seen nothing ( as i said when I called this dog she came ) so I new exactly what happened, Yes the male broke the wood line first and the coward was able to line his shot up due to this. Well the coward didn't even have the Balls to come tell me, a few minutes after coming back in I happened to look out the back window and seen tail lights lit up in their driveway, yup he called the police ( man what a Fu**ing coward ) he told the cops my dog was going after his kid ( and yes that made it legal ) in GA if you are in fear for your family or pets you have the right to shoot another persons dog. This pissed me off because not only did he shoot my dog he is now lying, then the cop tells me he said he had warned me, I told the cop I had never even spoke to the guy and the cop said " well he said he heard you tell your wife that if the dogs keep going down there he would shoot them" ( the dogs he was speaking of where 2 chihuahua's ) they where annoying, always yapping, so I did give them away. Well the fact that he told the cop this lie and the fact that the dog laid at the edge of the wood in a ditch told me the dog wasn't going after hid kid who was supposedly playing ball ( how many kids play football in a 4' deep ditch ) anyway that dog had cost me $800, that I have recouped already :cool: but the punishment that must now be handed out must be good, I made a mistake and let the cop know that he had opened a bad can of worms that he probably isn't going to enjoy ( yes I know I should of kept quiet ) but I will bide my time and the more I think the more painful the punishment is going to be. For now I have been warming up my bikes around 3 am every night ( morning ) but dam I miss that Dog, she looked so rough and tough but wanted to crawl in bed with us every night, she thought she was like 5lbs, hell the dog use to talk to me ( in her way ) she would come and half bark half whine at me when it was bed time, yes she had her own bed next to mine, but she refused to go to bed until I did. OOO yea and as the cop stood on my front porch talking to me the guys dogs who shot mine came into my yard to fight with my dogs ( yea people that live in glass houses and all ) and yes I have had his dogs in my cross hairs many times but heck I can't shoot a animal for doing what comes natural to them it isn't there fault, heck it's what they do.

Anyway I just wanted to vent, this has got me pissed off pretty good, but in time all will be fine. :death:

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Khaos is gone? NO WAY that dog tried to harm anyone. Laura's retarded dog was more ornery than KK. This royally pisses me off. I know that environment, just like that scumbag Jerry where you used to be. This scumbag shot your dog because it was on his property, and for that reason alone. And now what? What if Rocky or Sammy go down there? He going to shoot them too?

Seriously man, let me handle this - please. John and I are already talking about our trip for this year, and how we can figure a way to see you and Dad (he's in Florida now as you know). It'll keep you busy with an excuse, and put solely me in harms way. I will not allow someone to harm an animal, a family pet. I'm not even talking guns or anything like that, I'm not that stupid. But I'll make sure that he gets his. I've been heartbroken ever since the issue with Jake, and now this. Just bide your time. This is royally fucked up. If one of my neighbors did this to Jerome? I'll be in jail.

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Btw, don't do his dogs wrong. An idiot like this doesn't deserve animals. But they don't deserve to die because he's an asshole. :(

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Before anyone even thinks this is a typical story of a pit bull going rogue and someone having to defend themselves. I know this dog very well. She would hang back while the other dogs and cats jumped on you. She was mellow and the friendliest pit I ever met. She had her eyes crossed a little and I would laugh when she would come towards me for some loving, cause I always thought she was a goofy little dog, but was so loveable. The other 2 dogs would actually pick on her to an extent. She got treated VERY well and probably better than the kids!! LOL Not an insult, as I treat my dog better than anyone in the world. :)

I find it very hard to believe that this dog went after a butterfly. She simply didn't have it in her to do so. Hell, she wouldn't even eat the little kittens that harassed her!!

Olivia
02-23-2015, 08:54 AM
What a terrible thing for the neighbor to have done! What an asshole! So sorry for your loss!

tailfins
02-23-2015, 09:20 AM
Two paths for 21st Century feuding.

1) Destroy their reputation
2) Cause any legal problems you can: Code violations, filing suit for actionable offenses, filing criminal complaints.

Certainly they are not perfect. Be detail oriented and look for openings to nail them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Yes, the hatred and fear ( or lets be honest, uneducated, not meant in a nasty way but it is the truth ) got my dog killed, I didn't sleep one night last week all night long due to the ice storm ( keeping a fire going in a fire place for warmth takes a lot of work ) anyway I went to sleep during the next day and slept for about 4 hours, well my kids where off from school for some break ( man seems like they have at least a week off every month for one reason or another ) and kids being kids they let my Bully out and forgot she was out ( she was short but weighed 78lbs, solid rock muscle ) I knew if this dog ever went to wandering the neighborhood she would either be shot due to her looks or stolen, due to her great personality ( I never heard that dog even growl, most would of said she wasn't a good Bully because hell when my other dogs would go to fussing she would run to the porch to go in, she didn't have a nasty bone in her body )

Well I woke up and asked my boys were Khaos was and they said outside, I called her and she didn't come right away ( when she use to wander her and one of my other dogs would wander two house away and run along the fence there racing and barking at the dogs there) Well I would call her and would watch, the male Rocky would break the wood line first and K ( Khaos ) being a short legged dog wouldn't be far behind but she always came when called, well being it was so cold I shut the front door and as I was walking to my chair I heard the shot and the lick, seems the ass that lives next to me ( his house sits a few hundred yards behind mine but he would still be my next door neighbor ) shot her, I admittedly started calling her and went outside and walked the property line but seen nothing ( as i said when I called this dog she came ) so I new exactly what happened, Yes the male broke the wood line first and the coward was able to line his shot up due to this. Well the coward didn't even have the Balls to come tell me, a few minutes after coming back in I happened to look out the back window and seen tail lights lit up in their driveway, yup he called the police ( man what a Fu**ing coward ) he told the cops my dog was going after his kid ( and yes that made it legal ) in GA if you are in fear for your family or pets you have the right to shoot another persons dog. This pissed me off because not only did he shoot my dog he is now lying, then the cop tells me he said he had warned me, I told the cop I had never even spoke to the guy and the cop said " well he said he heard you tell your wife that if the dogs keep going down there he would shoot them" ( the dogs he was speaking of where 2 chihuahua's ) they where annoying, always yapping, so I did give them away. Well the fact that he told the cop this lie and the fact that the dog laid at the edge of the wood in a ditch told me the dog wasn't going after hid kid who was supposedly playing ball ( how many kids play football in a 4' deep ditch ) anyway that dog had cost me $800, that I have recouped already :cool: but the punishment that must now be handed out must be good, I made a mistake and let the cop know that he had opened a bad can of worms that he probably isn't going to enjoy ( yes I know I should of kept quiet ) but I will bide my time and the more I think the more painful the punishment is going to be. For now I have been warming up my bikes around 3 am every night ( morning ) but dam I miss that Dog, she looked so rough and tough but wanted to crawl in bed with us every night, she thought she was like 5lbs, hell the dog use to talk to me ( in her way ) she would come and half bark half whine at me when it was bed time, yes she had her own bed next to mine, but she refused to go to bed until I did. OOO yea and as the cop stood on my front porch talking to me the guys dogs who shot mine came into my yard to fight with my dogs ( yea people that live in glass houses and all ) and yes I have had his dogs in my cross hairs many times but heck I can't shoot a animal for doing what comes natural to them it isn't there fault, heck it's what they do.

Anyway I just wanted to vent, this has got me pissed off pretty good, but in time all will be fine. :death:

Very , very sorry to hear of this great loss to you and your family my friend. I think I may have told the true story of the 17 year old asshole that deliberately swerved over to run over my dog when I was a little kid. Well I waited(had no choice but to wait) and almost a decade later I caught that guy in bar in our town and I beat his ass unconscious and stomped his right hand breaking all his fingers. When I walked up to him before the fight I reminded him of what he did and how he looked at me (a child then) and how he laughed then drove away. I saw fear in this ffing cowards eyes as he claimed I was mistaken !

That's when I started the stomping and nobody in that bar dared moved to intervene.
Could not get away with doing that these days my friend, (happened in 1973). Re-telling this to remind you since you opened your mouth and talked to that cop its best not to stomp him to death(or even near it)!!

I know exactly how you feel but should that ffing worm end of beaten to death your ass will be grabbed first thing. Maybe wait a decade or so and catch him alone in a parking lot with no witnesses , then bust him up good. I hold that righteous vengeance is a sacred duty.

Vengeance is a meal best served very , very cold. For its a success only when one pays no price for delivering it IMHO. --Tyr

PixieStix
02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Jeff, I am so sorry about your dog and the fact that you had an asshole neighbor steal her away from you. That makes it even worse that you have to see the dog hater every day.
I can't even imagine how you feel. I always adored my dogs, and if someone had hurt them, I am pretty sure I would react very negatively. My dogs and cats are family.
Remember, what goes around comes around and he will pay for what he has done, one way or another.

I am so sorry. This makes me so sad

PixieStix
02-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Btw, don't do his dogs wrong. An idiot like this doesn't deserve animals. But they don't deserve to die because he's an asshole. :(

He has pets? What for? So he can abuse them?

darin
02-23-2015, 12:15 PM
I am completely angry, Jeff. I'm so sorry. When Jim and John come down, maybe I make the drive, too? Could be fun. Just sayin.

tailfins
02-23-2015, 12:33 PM
I am completely angry, Jeff. I'm so sorry. When Jim and John come down, maybe I make the drive, too? Could be fun. Just sayin.

Is that a Corgi in your avatar? Is his name Doge?

NightTrain
02-23-2015, 12:40 PM
That's pretty fucked up.

Even though retaliation on some level is deserved, remember that you'll the first person the cops will think of.

Cell phones can be used to prove someone's whereabouts at a particular time, as well, if they are powered up. Sometimes it's best to forget those at home.

darin
02-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Is that a Corgi in your avatar? Is his name Doge?

That's Gracie - she's a beagle-pit mix, up to her gut in snow. She's short-legged (compared to her big round solid body), but not Corgi-short :)

LongTermGuy
02-23-2015, 01:18 PM
​`This saddens me very much... and makes me angry Jeff.....time is on your side...think things through...very carefully....*Remember...."a certain type" of response "from only you" is expected..................

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 01:48 PM
​`This saddens me very much... and makes me angry Jeff.....time is on your side...think things through...very carefully....*Remember...."a certain type" of response "from only you" is expected..................

Yep, which is why some time should be allowed to pass, and maybe some crazy guy from NY visits, who happens to be the biggest animal lover in the world, and loves Jeff's animals. There's not a whole lot I wouldn't do for animals. I don't want to see the situation escalate for Jeff where he can be accused of any wrongdoing. I'll be 3,000% sure that whatever happens, it happens while Jeff and his wife are out with the kids and paying for their meal and shopping with a credit card. Maybe I won't be awfully hungry that evening. :)

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 01:50 PM
He has pets? What for? So he can abuse them?

Yep, Jeff said he does. And I wouldn't want any animals to be harmed, even one that this idiot owns. HE needs to be the one harmed.

It's such a shame. The first thought it to sue him, even if in small claims. But animals are treated as property and the most you could expect to win is the value of the dog. :(

Bilgerat
02-23-2015, 02:08 PM
I couldn't imagine this, being an animal lover myself.

I call my two my "kids", if someone did evil to either of them ..................

I agree with what has been said, words (understandable to some) were exchanged. From now on DOCUMENT any and all contact.

And yes, revenge is a meal best served very , very cold.

darin
02-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Jeff. Please. Consider forgiving the neighbor. It sucks. Revenge? Consider finding it within yourself to show love to your neighbor, somehow. Yes, giving him a high-five to the face with a baseball bat sounds good. But - Jeff. You can get past this and heal. Revenge will not heal you and might cause more distress to you and your family. What a great opportunity for you to be the example of Love, restraint, and Christ-like behaviour to your family! I believe in you.

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Jeff. Please. Consider forgiving the neighbor. It sucks. Revenge? Consider finding it within yourself to show love to your neighbor, somehow. Yes, giving him a high-five to the face with a baseball bat sounds good. But - Jeff. You can get past this and heal. Revenge will not heal you and might cause more distress to you and your family. What a great opportunity for you to be the example of Love, restraint, and Christ-like behaviour to your family! I believe in you.

What if this was your son or daughter, would you forgive so easily? And I know that's an extreme comparison, but many of us see our animals as part of our families, almost as our children. I won't forgive those who bring harm to my family. I'll be happy to answer for my actions. I know some forgive those who harm someone in their family, but I'll admit I am far from one of those people. An eye for an eye is how I handle people that would bring harm to those I love.

He's right about the distress it could bring to your family though, Jeff. I wouldn't feel an ounce of regret or stress, so all the more reason to let me set things straight when I visit. :)

Jeff
02-23-2015, 04:02 PM

What if this was your son or daughter, would you forgive so easily? And I know that's an extreme comparison, but many of us see our animals as part of our families, almost as our children. I won't forgive those who bring harm to my family. I'll be happy to answer for my actions. I know some forgive those who harm someone in their family, but I'll admit I am far from one of those people. An eye for an eye is how I handle people that would bring harm to those I love.

He's right about the distress it could bring to your family though, Jeff. I wouldn't feel an ounce of regret or stress, so all the more reason to let me set things straight when I visit. :)

My first thought was to reach for my little friend and go pay the guy a visit, but Darin is exactly right, yes I will be a pain in the guys butt, he will have to do everything to the letter of the law from here on out but I am praying hard to be able to forgive him, see that is really the worst pay back. This guy is expecting me to retaliate ( that is why he called the police ) heck even the cop told me to use my head and do it right :laugh: But if and again IF is a big word, I can muster up the strength to forgive this guy that would more than likley be the worst thing I could do to him, that would mess with his head. See he see's the folks I have coming and going from my house, he knows me ( well my reputation and looks ) so he is scared to death right now ( yes we are out in the boonies where if you shoot another s dog you had better hope the owner doesn't find out what happened ) Time will tell what happens, as for now I am enjoying watching this guy soil himself every time he see's me or hears a couple dozen rounds squeezed of quickly in the yard. :laugh:

tailfins
02-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Yep, which is why some time should be allowed to pass, and maybe some crazy guy from NY visits, who happens to be the biggest animal lover in the world, and loves Jeff's animals. There's not a whole lot I wouldn't do for animals. I don't want to see the situation escalate for Jeff where he can be accused of any wrongdoing. I'll be 3,000% sure that whatever happens, it happens while Jeff and his wife are out with the kids and paying for their meal and shopping with a credit card. Maybe I won't be awfully hungry that evening. :)

Since you're not in the workforce, you can afford a criminal record, correct? That makes you quite dangerous. You're not planning a felony are you? You should carefully study the distinction between simple assault and aggravated assault.

hjmick
02-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Damn...

jimnyc
02-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Since you're not in the workforce, you can afford a criminal record, correct? That makes you quite dangerous. You're not planning a felony are you? You should carefully study the distinction between simple assault and aggravated assault.

I'm quite familiar with the law. 'Maybe', some of what I said was out of anger. But someone killing a family pet in such a manner, they need to be held accountable. The justice system won't do anything criminally, and the civil option is almost worthless for a pet, as they have no rights.

But karma is a bitch and you never know what can happen to assholes that abuse and/or kill pets.

SassyLady
02-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Jeff, I am so sorry for what happened ..... I cannot imagine what I would do if it happened to my guy.

LongTermGuy
02-23-2015, 06:52 PM

`You been here long enough to even ask a question like that...of Jim....Karma is a bitch....and bad things do happen to bad people....I have seen it as many here may have...its just an amazing thing.....

tailfins
02-23-2015, 07:22 PM
`You been here long enough to even ask a question like that...of Jim....Karma is a bitch....and bad things do happen to bad people....I have seen it as many here may have...its just an amazing thing.....

Obviously he doesn't want to create a written record. I'm under the impression he's going to carry this out. I just don't want him to go beyond a misdemeanor.

LongTermGuy
02-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Obviously he doesn't want to create a written record. I'm under the impression he's going to carry this out. I just don't want him to go beyond a misdemeanor.

*Understand friend....He is a smart guy and a grown man and very well aware of laws....like most of us here....lets just move on.

Jeff
02-24-2015, 07:00 AM

I would love you to come on down, no need for a issue like this to bring ya down, we could have one heck of a cook out when Jim and John , yourself and who ever else would like to come on down.

darin
02-24-2015, 07:22 AM

I'm not speaking to his obvious distress; and I hope you know how I feel about my animals both in times of distress

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?27475-Bradlee-is-sick

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?9297-Michael-Angelo-died-today

and in times of joy

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?9562-He-cannot-be-Replaced-only-succeeded

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?34874-Meet-our-new-girl

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45210-Adopted-another

But this is about being BIGGER than the circumstances. This is about protecting his family from the savageness of revenge. God forbid somebody break into my house and threaten my family. If 11 rounds of .40 Hornady Critical Defense. If that doesn't work, 10 rounds of the same in 9mm. And if that doesn't stop the threat, I have as-many-as-required 30-round mags of American Eagle 55 Grain .223.

But if somebody breaks in, sees I'm home and takes off? I'm not going to shoot him. If I'm walking to my truck and a guy pulls a knife asking for my wallet - good chance he gets the wallet. If I'm in my kitchen, and he breaks in asking for my DvD player and TV? I'd probably help him load it. Context matters.

Nobody has to die, get beaten up, or otherwise harmed in this - especially because Jeff (or YOU) being in JAIL would serve NO purpose. Would I sight-down on somebody if they harmed one of my kids? Would be crazy-hard to resist. I can't say. Would I do the same if they harmed one of my pups? Man...I dunno. What I Do know is this - my kids are watching.

Maybe Jeff's answer is this: Approach the neighbor in humility - being firm but not angry. FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT, or this may not be the last time.

:(

I dunno man. It's easier to think about possible actions than to have to DECIDE from being in the position.

Bilgerat
02-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Pretty much sums up what most of us feel about losing a friend.

http://youtu.be/tkL9PoOABPE

jimnyc
02-24-2015, 07:58 AM
But this is about being BIGGER than the circumstances. This is about protecting his family from the savageness of revenge. God forbid somebody break into my house and threaten my family. If 11 rounds of .40 Hornady Critical Defense. If that doesn't work, 10 rounds of the same in 9mm. And if that doesn't stop the threat, I have as-many-as-required 30-round mags of American Eagle 55 Grain .223.

But if somebody breaks in, sees I'm home and takes off? I'm not going to shoot him. If I'm walking to my truck and a guy pulls a knife asking for my wallet - good chance he gets the wallet. If I'm in my kitchen, and he breaks in asking for my DvD player and TV? I'd probably help him load it. Context matters.

Nobody has to die, get beaten up, or otherwise harmed in this - especially because Jeff (or YOU) being in JAIL would serve NO purpose. Would I sight-down on somebody if they harmed one of my kids? Would be crazy-hard to resist. I can't say. Would I do the same if they harmed one of my pups? Man...I dunno. What I Do know is this - my kids are watching.

Maybe Jeff's answer is this: Approach the neighbor in humility - being firm but not angry. FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT, or this may not be the last time.

:(

I dunno man. It's easier to think about possible actions than to have to DECIDE from being in the position.

I know how you felt about your cat, and Aiofe (sp?)? I didn't mean to imply you don't like and treat animals like myself...

The things you speak of above, they are possible circumstances. This one is not possible someone died already. And yep, the kids may be watching, as well as the neighbors and police. I don't have those limitations. Being forgiving doesn't bring the family pet back. I understand that neither does any type of revenge. But I still believe there needs to be some sort of justice. Even folks that forgive killers and such - justice is still generally given in addition. There is no justice here. When a loved one dies, I truly believe it's up to those left behind to seek justice in some manner, whether that be via the courts or man to man.

Seems like many disagree with me here, and I can live with that. Won't be the first time I had opinions or made choices in my life that others disagreed with or were disgusted with. I fully understand that in a perfect world, forgiveness and the right thing may be the appropriate thing to do. I DO try to be a good person, a better person, every day. But man, there are some things that take me out of that groove. I KNOW it's wrong, and 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it's who I am.

-----

A made up example to the extreme...

Suppose one of us is walking down the road with our 7 year old child. There is a dirty looking guy walking towards you. As he passes by, he kinda punches the kid in the face and then kicks her. Do we instantly call the cops? What if no marks were left and the police say they can't do anything other than take a report without an eyewitness and no marks? Someone does that to my kid? Police or not, a beating is forthcoming.

And as silly as it may sound to some - that circumstance would be the same if it were my 7 year old dog.

jimnyc
02-24-2015, 08:03 AM
Pretty much sums up what most of us feel about losing a friend.

Awesome. And made me sad. :(

Jeff
02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
I know how you felt about your cat, and Aiofe (sp?)? I didn't mean to imply you don't like and treat animals like myself...

The things you speak of above, they are possible circumstances. This one is not possible someone died already. And yep, the kids may be watching, as well as the neighbors and police. I don't have those limitations. Being forgiving doesn't bring the family pet back. I understand that neither does any type of revenge. But I still believe there needs to be some sort of justice. Even folks that forgive killers and such - justice is still generally given in addition. There is no justice here. When a loved one dies, I truly believe it's up to those left behind to seek justice in some manner, whether that be via the courts or man to man.

Seems like many disagree with me here, and I can live with that. Won't be the first time I had opinions or made choices in my life that others disagreed with or were disgusted with. I fully understand that in a perfect world, forgiveness and the right thing may be the appropriate thing to do. I DO try to be a good person, a better person, every day. But man, there are some things that take me out of that groove. I KNOW it's wrong, and 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it's who I am.

-----

A made up example to the extreme...

Suppose one of us is walking down the road with our 7 year old child. There is a dirty looking guy walking towards you. As he passes by, he kinda punches the kid in the face and then kicks her. Do we instantly call the cops? What if no marks were left and the police say they can't do anything other than take a report without an eyewitness and no marks? Someone does that to my kid? Police or not, a beating is forthcoming.

And as silly as it may sound to some - that circumstance would be the same if it were my 7 year old dog.

Jim understand I don't disagree with what you are saying, but you of all people know of the trouble I have been in when my temper does it's thing, and lets face it, for lack of better words, Every Dog Has it's day, if I decided to put this behind me 100% this boy will still pay one way or another. At 52 I have found that what goes around comes around, just the fact that this guy is scared to death and watching every move he makes right now is a bit of pay back, now will him and I eventually do what needs to be done, only time will tell, but until then I will just enjoy watching him squirm like the punk he is.

darin
02-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I love you, Jim.

jimnyc
02-24-2015, 11:07 AM
I love you, Jim.

Now why did you have to go and do that? I like my anger, and you make it difficult!!

I hate losing animals. I know my Pug is on borrowed time and I sometimes get teary just thinking about that day. I kinda wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes that's not a good thing. Sometimes you react based on emotion.

Truth - about 8-10 years ago my father in law was visiting from Virginia. Jerome jumped in his lap, and rather than gently remove him, he literally kicked him off and the dog fell over on his back. He was fine. I literally haven't spoken to the man since. He's on my shit list.

tailfins
02-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Now why did you have to go and do that? I like my anger, and you make it difficult!!

I hate losing animals. I know my Pug is on borrowed time and I sometimes get teary just thinking about that day. I kinda wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes that's not a good thing. Sometimes you react based on emotion.

Truth - about 8-10 years ago my father in law was visiting from Virginia. Jerome jumped in his lap, and rather than gently remove him, he literally kicked him off and the dog fell over on his back. He was fine. I literally haven't spoken to the man since. He's on my shit list.

I haven't had a dog in 35 years, but my son wants one. Now that being nomadic has come to an end, I put down a deposit on a Pembroke Welsh Corgi at my son's request. I'm just beginning to get an idea where you're coming from.

Here's about what he will look like when he's ready to pick up.

http://api.ning.com/files/MGBsmB1ph-fumcqL1KYxrkRPWKfavgE56GI2nPkbwXUEXmue6NoersKy2Ihe tlxHR8aO2fQlb2GicWPqd5vBQvLEZLBDOfZj/100_2128.JPG

darin
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM

How folks treat animals speaks of their character. Some do it out of ignorance (failing to understand those animals are living beings - not simply animated 'objects'. Ethan said it best when looking at Aoife (pronounced 'eee-vah'): "Dad - look at her. She's so innocent and pure. She would never knowingly hurt ANYONE."

jimnyc
02-24-2015, 12:25 PM
I haven't had a dog in 35 years, but my son wants one. Now that being nomadic has come to an end, I put down a deposit on a Pembroke Welsh Corgi at my son's request. I'm just beginning to get an idea where you're coming from.

Here's about what he will look like when he's ready to pick up.

How much longer before you get him? That's what my son wants, well just a regular Corgie for him. Wait till you have the cute little fella for awhile, and cuddle with him, and kiss him, and feed him, and clean up after him, and he sits in your lap, and then goes berserk when you come home as he's thrilled to see you. Only a matter of time before you would give up some fingers to protect him!!

jimnyc
02-24-2015, 12:27 PM
How folks treat animals speaks of their character. Some do it out of ignorance (failing to understand those animals are living beings - not simply animated 'objects'. Ethan said it best when looking at Aoife (pronounced 'eee-vah'): "Dad - look at her. She's so innocent and pure. She would never knowingly hurt ANYONE."

He reminds me of this. Tell Ethan he rocks!!

http://i.imgur.com/M9mGKcE.jpg

sundaydriver
02-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Jeff, just saw this and so sorry for all. Someone shot my cat a couple of years ago ago I know how ya feel. Had they shot my dog, I just don't know what would have happened.

tailfins
02-24-2015, 04:40 PM
How much longer before you get him? That's what my son wants, well just a regular Corgie for him. Wait till you have the cute little fella for awhile, and cuddle with him, and kiss him, and feed him, and clean up after him, and he sits in your lap, and then goes berserk when you come home as he's thrilled to see you. Only a matter of time before you would give up some fingers to protect him!!

We plan to drive up to Oklahoma to pick him up March 21.

DLT
02-24-2015, 05:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog. I'm surprised though, that someone that has dogs of their own would dare to shoot yours...fearing tit-for-tat retribution.

That said, I would make shock-sure that none of my dogs 'got out' or ran loose from that day forward. Make the kids take them out to do their business on a leash or get a chain-link fenced area that they can go outside in. That would be my solution to keep it from ever happening again.

I have had a neighbor (a black guy) that didn't like cats and I feared for my cat's life the entire time I lived there. I finally moved. And my dog never gets outside of my fenced-in yard. Much better now.