PDA

View Full Version : Homeless kid in cold experiment

revelarts
02-26-2015, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwCvpEMEJU

Jeff
02-27-2015, 07:38 AM
If this is true that is fantastic, over the years delivering into NYC I had seen many homeless folks, kids and adults a like, black and white and every time it was sad. But what bothers me here is first the second guy was wearing some awful nice clothes to be homeless and the area they where in, seems like the cops would of been by on such a busy street, I use to see the homeless laying on cardboard on top of the subway grates ( I guess the grates sent heat up or something) Also the rich folks don't want to see that stuff so I personally believe someone would of called the police, but it has been a long time since I have been in the city so who knows.

Anyway if this is a true video that was fantastic although the folks that passed that kid for the first 2 hours ought to be shot.

darin
02-27-2015, 08:31 AM
I think I hate that vid. did they pay that kid to sit out in the cold for two hours? That's f'ing child endangerment just to make a point. Chillblain easily - frostbite? absolutely. 5 degrees for hours? Just stupid.

And they made SURE to include video of them giving the guy $500. How about this - how about just go GIVE the money and get on with your lives?

:-/

jimnyc
02-27-2015, 08:40 AM
I think I hate that vid. did they pay that kid to sit out in the cold for two hours? That's f'ing child endangerment just to make a point. Chillblain easily - frostbite? absolutely. 5 degrees for hours? Just stupid.

And they made SURE to include video of them giving the guy $500. How about this - how about just go GIVE the money and get on with your lives?

:-/

These viral videos of doing nice things - are nice - but they are agendas, and attention whores. Like the one where they gifted a homeless man money, or where the guy had a homeless guy win the lottery with a scratch off. If these people genuinely wanted to be nice and help, they would and they would go on with their lives. They wouldn't have an elaborate taping of it, and editing and spin it out there for the world to see.

Like celebrities, some you never hear about and they do awesome things. Others you see doing great things, as the cameras are rolling and they have awesome makeup on and awesome clothes and all smiles. Attention whores.

If people want to help - HELP. Whether that's literal helping or contributing via cash.

revelarts
02-27-2015, 09:35 AM
funny that so many here are upset with the filmers, and assume bad faith, and upset that the gifts are on camera, and the kid was in danger etc..

frankly i think people should see this kinda thing. if it makes a few more people a bit more sensitive when they see similar in there day to day then i'm all for it.

Far to many people just walked by the kid. i hope less do now, that's my take away here.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2015, 09:49 AM
No way could I have walked past that kid and did nothing. Those people in New York(?) must have no damn souls.
Let them come down South here and try that experiment. The results would not be the same.
I will not relate such things I've done in my life to help people in that unfortunate condition but never have I just turned a blind eye to it, never!
My family and I grew up extremely poor, due to my father's health problems and the area we lived in , but I can not turn a blind eye to such when I encounter it.
Nobody that ever truly experienced deep hunger and harsh conditions can turn a blind eye to it when seeing it with others!
I feel sorry for any person that can do that .. deeply sorry that their soul has no compassion and mercy in it..
And what's worse is-- those women walking by and ignoring, my God it's a child for Christ sakes!-Tyr

darin
02-27-2015, 10:23 AM
being outside in 5 degree weather for two hours is dangerous. Self-serving videos are not worth more than the thumbs-up, or likes they get on social media.

They filmed what I think everybody already knows. They didn't change people who would not be inclined to help - nor did they change people who still have awareness of their fellow man. I would have loved if the kid slipped the $500 to the gentleman without saying "okay, here's $500!"

To rip off Birdman - you may be confusing lack of admiration with lack of compassion

jimnyc
03-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Self-serving videos are not worth more than the thumbs-up, or likes they get on social media.

Helping on youtube is not the same as helping. I wonder if any of those attention whores are out there today looking to help the homeless in the cold? I'd bet not. If they were THAT concerned, why not go to a place where the homeless actually are, and help them? Why help someone who doesn't need help? Because it's good for the naive viewers who somehow think this is reality.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Helping on youtube is not the same as helping. I wonder if any of those attention whores are out there today looking to help the homeless in the cold? I'd bet not. If they were THAT concerned, why not go to a place where the homeless actually are, and help them? Why help someone who doesn't need help? Because it's good for the naive viewers who somehow think this is reality.

I agree in that the video only shows how the public there is jaded and lacks any decent level of concern for fellow man. Do I think those making the video went on to see that man that helped to boy got a home, a job, a return to normal life! I'd answer no. I think they went away and offered nothing after the money given.
The cynic in me asks , how do we even know the black guy that helped was not a plant working with the those filming? We don't, but it is safe to say those walking by and ignoring were the real public at large there. Which is just pathetically sad! -Tyr