PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey destroys Cat Zingano in just 14 seconds at UFC 184

Jeff
03-01-2015, 07:14 AM
This lady is one tough cookie, she makes quick work of her opponents (if ya want to call them that) :laugh:

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='http://sports.yahoo.com/video/ufc-184-ronda-rousey-octagon-015000069.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

LOS ANGELES – It used to be that Ronda Rousey needed a minute to finish her fights. Now, she's getting two of them done in half of that time.

The most dominant fighter in the world continued her mind-boggling run of destruction Saturday, submitting previously unbeaten top contender Cat Zingano in just 14 seconds – the quickest finish in UFC championship history – in the main event of UFC 184 at Staples Center to retain her women's bantamweight title.
Rousey blew away Alexis Davis in just 16 seconds at UFC 175 in July in what seemed to be a ridiculously easy manner. But it was done even quicker on Saturday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ronda-rousey-cat-zingano-ufc-184-043121948.html

jimnyc
03-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Watched it this morning. Setup my computer on the right page so I could refresh and click play without knowing what happened. Damn, that was fast!! This was supposed to be a tough one for her, and it was over in 16 seconds. Everyone knows she will use the arm bar, and yet none seem capable of stopping it. She's just too damn fast and too damn strong.

Jeff
03-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Watched it this morning. Setup my computer on the right page so I could refresh and click play without knowing what happened. Damn, that was fast!! This was supposed to be a tough one for her, and it was over in 16 seconds. Everyone knows she will use the arm bar, and yet none seem capable of stopping it. She's just too damn fast and too damn strong.

That is one woman I certainly wouldn't want mad at me, LOL,

Just out of curiosity Jim would ya ask her for a booby shot :laugh:

jimnyc
03-01-2015, 07:40 AM

Just out of curiosity Jim would ya ask her for a booby shot :laugh:

No doubt, that is one angry woman, but I think she's kinda hot!! I would love to let her kick my ass and then take advantage of me!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/w3c33m0.jpg

Jeff
03-01-2015, 07:43 AM
No doubt she is a good looking lady, when you look at the picture you posted ya just don't think of the pain she would inflict on ya if ya got fresh with her :laugh: I bet her BF behaves very well. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-01-2015, 07:45 AM
No doubt she is a good looking lady, when you look at the picture you posted ya just don't think of the pain she would inflict on ya if ya got fresh with her :laugh: I bet her BF behaves very well. :laugh:

I want her to put me in a scissor lock. And not around my body, IF ya know what I mean. :coffee:

LongTermGuy
03-01-2015, 09:46 AM

:laugh:

*Rhonda says ::laugh:

~ "Just bring me coffee in the morning...and you will be fine" ~

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fff33cc69beddea2400000e/meet-ronda-rousey-the-trash-talking-mma-fighter-who-just-landed-on-the-cover-of-espns-body-issue.jpg

Jeff
03-02-2015, 06:51 AM

*Rhonda says ::laugh:

~ "Just bring me coffee in the morning...and you will be fine" ~

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fff33cc69beddea2400000e/meet-ronda-rousey-the-trash-talking-mma-fighter-who-just-landed-on-the-cover-of-espns-body-issue.jpg

Happily :cool:

Anton Chigurh
03-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I'd like to know what idiot came up with the strategy to just light directly into a four time world Judo champion - being as how the whole premise of Judo is to use the opponents aggression against them. How did those conversations go? Wasn't there one meek, humble assistant trainer or spit bucket boy, someone, to raise his hand and say something like, "I dunno, seems like charging right into her is recipe for sudden disaster" or something.

Immediate post fight interview with Zingano was full of f-bombs but one thing she kept saying over and over had me yelling at the TV, she kept saying "I wanna do it again" and I was like "Do WHAT again? What part? The part where you charge directly into a buzzsaw?"

Zingano is a good and dangerous, nasty fighter and could have given Rousey a real test had she not just charged into her.

I mean, who does that shit? Not respecting your opponent is about the best way to get your ass kicked.

I don't in the least bit regret the 60 bucks I paid to see this UFC card in HD though. The Rousey win was just a huge exclamation point on a great night of fighting.

jimnyc
03-02-2015, 12:10 PM
^^ I agree, her approach was completely wrong. They took a chance to begin the fight and she paid dearly. But IMO, even if she stands back, protects herself and has a completely different approach - I still don't think she beats Rousey.

Anton Chigurh
03-02-2015, 12:53 PM
^^ I agree, her approach was completely wrong. They took a chance to begin the fight and she paid dearly. But IMO, even if she stands back, protects herself and has a completely different approach - I still don't think she beats Rousey.I doubt she BEATS her, but I have no doubt she could give her big problems - We'll never know from what we saw... We only know what Zingano has done to common opponents and none of it was pretty. She has vicious elbows, often finishes her fights with them covered in blood. She has by far the best all-around skills Rousey has faced. She merely never got a chance to show how much of a problem she could be, because they somehow figured charging headlong into a buzzsaw was the best way to go about it.

I believe if the bumrush was just a spur of the moment decision it's almost understandable - months of preparation and hearing what a badass Rousy is, emotions just take control and you charge like a bull. BUT, if this was a considered and planned strategy, there is no other place it comes from other than, disrespect for the opponent.

Zingano won't disrespect her, when next she finds herself facing off with her again.:salute:

Gunny
03-02-2015, 01:21 PM
I want to see her in a stand up fight.

Anton Chigurh
03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
That's been tried too, Tate took her to the third round and wound up getting on the deck with her and tapping out, Sara McMann stood toe to toe, lasted just over a minute before receiving a bruised liver from a nasty Rousey knee, Alexis Davis - straight up knockout in a stand up brawl, fell to Rousey punches... It's not like that's all Rousy does is break arms and wrestles. She'll stand and duke it out with them too.

gabosaurus
03-02-2015, 10:20 PM
My cynical side says this is a ploy to create another big money fight.

Zingano: "I know I can beat you if I make the right f**ing move. That last fight was not the right f**ing move."
Rousey: "I totally agree. You shouldn't have come right at me."
Zingano: "So you are willing to give me another f**ing fight?"
Rousey: "Heck yeah! Were both steroid babes! Dudes want to see us shake it!"
Zingano: "F**ing A chica! I'm going to get f**ing p*ssed at you between now and then."
Rousey: "Outstanding! We'll be able to charge even more for the next fight."

Anton Chigurh
03-02-2015, 10:24 PM
They're not "steroid babes" the UFC tests, and for the first time ever the card last night was both urine and blood tested.

Zingy just messed up, and unfortunately she will now have to battle back to get another shot, there won't be one for her anytime soon. This isn't the WWE.

Jeff
03-03-2015, 06:16 AM
I'd like to know what idiot came up with the strategy to just light directly into a four time world Judo champion - being as how the whole premise of Judo is to use the opponents aggression against them. How did those conversations go? Wasn't there one meek, humble assistant trainer or spit bucket boy, someone, to raise his hand and say something like, "I dunno, seems like charging right into her is recipe for sudden disaster" or something.

Immediate post fight interview with Zingano was full of f-bombs but one thing she kept saying over and over had me yelling at the TV, she kept saying "I wanna do it again" and I was like "Do WHAT again? What part? The part where you charge directly into a buzzsaw?"

Zingano is a good and dangerous, nasty fighter and could have given Rousey a real test had she not just charged into her.

I mean, who does that shit? Not respecting your opponent is about the best way to get your ass kicked.

I don't in the least bit regret the 60 bucks I paid to see this UFC card in HD though. The Rousey win was just a huge exclamation point on a great night of fighting.

Has to be the money part, surely she can't want to be embarrassed for 16 seconds again :laugh: Rousey if one tough Lady for sure, I would love to see someone that gave her a decent fight, it would be a good one I am sure.

Jeff
03-03-2015, 06:46 AM
A great picture :cool: and the thought of just how quick 14 seconds is.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7039&stc=1

It took us longer to come up with the first sentence of this post, than it did for UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey to defend her title on Saturday night.
In an astonishing 14 seconds, Ronda continued her reign as the undefeated UFC champ, winning nine of her last 11 fights (the other two she KO'd). And we couldn't be happier to call her one of our own.
So we got to thinking...what can you do in 14 seconds or less?

http://www.si.com/swim-daily/2015/03/02/si-swimsuit-model-ronda-rousey-defends-ufc-champion-title

Anton Chigurh
03-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Rousey if one tough Lady for sure, I would love to see someone that gave her a decent fight, it would be a good one I am sure.But, there was. Meisha Tate took her into deeper water, all the way into the 3rd round.

But yeah I was really hoping for a much better showing from Zingano. In fact it was the quality of the opponent, not necessarily the champ herself, that got me to click 'Buy" on PPV.

By the way Zingano earned 100K for her night's folly, while the Champ garnered 195K.

aboutime
03-03-2015, 03:55 PM
A great picture :cool: and the thought of just how quick 14 seconds is.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7039&stc=1

http://www.si.com/swim-daily/2015/03/02/si-swimsuit-model-ronda-rousey-defends-ufc-champion-title

Every man's dream? A Bare Naked Choke by Ronda???:thumb:

LongTermGuy
03-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Every man's dream? A Bare Naked Choke by Ronda???:thumb:

http://i0.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit4.png?w=900
`At the age of 26 these achievements are all the more impressive. Training under Gokor Chivichyan (a world famous fight from the Hayastan MMA Academy) and Edmond Tarverdyan for the last few years. Training sessions are at least twice a day, which is impressive given her extremely strict diet. Ronda Rousey’s background of competing in Judo events from a young age means she knows exactly how to be a winner. Pure dedication to getting up and training is her secret, going and giving it all she has, every day of every year.`

http://i2.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit5.jpg?w=900

`Ronda Rousey’s diet is an incredibly strict routine of one large meal a day of all natural, all organic, high quality foods, eaten in one meal at night with no other snacks or meals. The focus is a high amount of protein and all the vitamins and minerals possible from a pile of vegetables. Carbohydrates come from rice or potatoes and are cycled one day on, one off and she has recently been said to fast completely on Sundays. Water is a constant, as well as black coffee whenever her dietician and trainer allow it.
With a signature armbar that has forced all of Ronda’s opponents to submit within the first round of each fight, we really look forward to seeing just what else this incredible fighter has to offer the mixed martial arts world!
http://i0.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit6.jpg?w=900

http://i0.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit8.jpg?w=900

http://i0.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit9.jpg?w=900

http://i2.wp.com/sweatforit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ronda-rousey-mma-ufc-female-fighter-champion-sweatforit11.jpg?fit=900%2C900

Gunny
03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
That's been tried too, Tate took her to the third round and wound up getting on the deck with her and tapping out, Sara McMann stood toe to toe, lasted just over a minute before receiving a bruised liver from a nasty Rousey knee, Alexis Davis - straight up knockout in a stand up brawl, fell to Rousey punches... It's not like that's all Rousy does is break arms and wrestles. She'll stand and duke it out with them too.

she always goes to ground

Anton Chigurh
03-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Ronda Rousey’s diet is an incredibly strict routine of one large meal a day of all natural, all organic, high quality foods, eaten in one meal at night with no other snacks or meals. The focus is a high amount of protein and all the vitamins and minerals possible from a pile of vegetables. Carbohydrates come from rice or potatoesThis has to be either old information, or just flat wrong. Rousey gave up the unhealthy foolishness of being a Vegan a long time ago. She is a meat eater and even said at the end of the Zingano fight, she was ready for her big plate of hot wings. This was in the post fight interview.

Anton Chigurh
03-03-2015, 08:25 PM
she always goes to groundShe didn't go to ground last time, foolishly Zingano took her there, herself.

She does, will and has, stood toe to toe and swapped punches. And even knocked a opponent out that way. I gave three examples.

If she "goes to the ground" so what? It is mixed.... martial.... arts. Not boxing, not kickboxing.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2015, 08:52 PM
This has to be either old information, or just flat wrong. Rousey gave up the unhealthy foolishness of being a Vegan a long time ago. She is a meat eater and even said at the end of the Zingano fight, she was ready for her big plate of hot wings. This was in the post fight interview.

`​I don't Know Anton....you might be correct...or maybe not...I just found the article...either way she is a great fighter

**June 18th, 2013 ]by matt

http://sweatforit.com/fit-girls/ronda-rousey-olympic-medalist-and-ufc-champion/

Anton Chigurh
03-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Yeah that's June 2013. Not sure exactly when she renounced the silly religion of Veganism but, she definitely did.

aboutime
03-03-2015, 10:18 PM
`​I don't Know Anton....you might be correct...or maybe not...I just found the article...either way she is a great fighter

**June 18th, 2013 ]by matt

http://sweatforit.com/fit-girls/ronda-rousey-olympic-medalist-and-ufc-champion/

LongTerm. I just discovered a really interesting FACT about Ronda's fights.

If you take all of them together, even with the longest round. She has a combined time for all of LESS than a complete fight. 14 Seconds only made the foolish PAY PER VIEW people mad!

Why can't some people just suck it up, and admit...She's just really good at what she does?????

Anton Chigurh
03-03-2015, 10:24 PM
LongTerm. I just discovered a really interesting FACT about Ronda's fights.

If you take all of them together, even with the longest round. She has a combined time for all of LESS than a complete fight. 14 Seconds only made the foolish PAY PER VIEW people mad!

Why can't some people just suck it up, and admit...She's just really good at what she does?????Didn't make me mad and I wasn't foolish - the card was 2 1/2 hours of great fighting of which, Rousey's fast win served as a exclamation point for.

They were saying during the card, her entire fight time in the UFC ring is 24 minutes. She's only been past the second round once. 25 minutes would be one championship fight, if it went the distance.

She's just a badass.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Yeah that's June 2013. Not sure exactly when she renounced the silly religion of Veganism but, she definitely did.

`Ummm....Steak is good for women fighters also...:laugh:

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full200810281819183224539_girleatingsteak.jpgx

gabosaurus
03-04-2015, 12:43 AM
I can't believe you guys paid big money to watch that stuff. I am sure you can find free jello wrestling on youtube.

jimnyc
03-04-2015, 06:53 AM
I can't believe you guys paid big money to watch that stuff. I am sure you can find free jello wrestling on youtube.

Some of us enjoy MMA. I'll pay to watch Rousey and so many others. I'll pay for boxing too, and plan on seeing the Pacman/Mayweather fight in May!! While we are lucky that a cool looking woman happened to be in this one, I assure you that it's more about the actual talent and fighting.

Jeff
03-04-2015, 09:20 AM

Gabs these fights are so much more than what you are thinking, I have seen more than one of the ladies at the end of the fight covered with blood and black and blue, truth be told there is nothing sexy about them when they enter the ring to fight at all ( to me anyway ) with their hair all up, and preped to fight, just doesn't look sexy at all, but to watch a couple of woman that can more than likley hang with male opponents makes it just like watching any other fight, and Rhonda can sure enough fight.

Gunny
03-04-2015, 09:28 AM

All the ground fighting is what I don't like. One on one, the best wrestler wins. I'll wait for the reruns though. The last fight I actually paid to see was Mike Tyson vs Michael Spinx. All 90 seconds of it. No thanks.

jimnyc
03-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Gabs these fights are so much more than what you are thinking, I have seen more than one of the ladies at the end of the fight covered with blood and black and blue, truth be told there is nothing sexy about them when they enter the ring to fight at all ( to me anyway ) with their hair all up, and preped to fight, just doesn't look sexy at all, but to watch a couple of woman that can more than likley hang with male opponents makes it just like watching any other fight, and Rhonda can sure enough fight.

Nice bodies but they look horrible when going to the ring.

aboutime
03-04-2015, 06:11 PM

gabby. None of us would ever pay to watch you jello wrestle, and despite your obvious ignorance of the subject. Most of us never have to pay for it either. That's what re-runs, and recaps are for hours later...if you know where to go. Oh, and your jealousy sticks out like a sore thumb too! Ronda is also intelligent. Unlike some we know.