PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tank

jimnyc
03-03-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm hooked!

Never even heard of it until a few weeks back, and now my DVR is set to record all episodes.

Basically, there are 5 "sharks". They are 5 very rich people sitting in front of you in chairs. You pitch your product/business to them. You ask for an amount, generally for giving them some equity in your business. They will be brutal and ask you questions. Then they are either in or out.

Mark Cuban is great. He is the owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks. He's brutally honest, but fair, and generally friendly. Then Kevin O'leary, a billionaire who makes Cuban look friendly. If you don't accept his offer, he'll quickly tell you "You're dead to me". :)

Cool watching some of the small business, growing business, trying to expand. And outside the humor, the feedback from the sharks is interesting.

hjmick
03-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Dude...

My wife hasn't missed an episode, which means I haven't missed an episode...

Abbey Marie
03-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Jim, Mark is likable at first, but Mr. Wonderful really grew on me!

jimnyc
03-04-2015, 06:56 AM
Dude...

My wife hasn't missed an episode, which means I haven't missed an episode...

I just wish it was aired more. I turn on my DVR and usually only find 1 or 2 episodes from channel 355 on DirecTV. And no, I'm not going out and actually buying seasons!!

Jim, Mark is likable at first, but Mr. Wonderful really grew on me!

I like Mark as a basketball fan. He's taken some serious fines over the years because of his outspoken ways.

Mr. Wonderful is awesome. I wish I had something to partner up with him with. I love how he is when he talks about money!

"Here's how I think of my money - as soldiers - I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them." - O'leary

Abbey Marie
03-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I just wish it was aired more. I turn on my DVR and usually only find 1 or 2 episodes from channel 355 on DirecTV. And no, I'm not going out and actually buying seasons!!

I like Mark as a basketball fan. He's taken some serious fines over the years because of his outspoken ways.

Mr. Wonderful is awesome. I wish I had something to partner up with him with. I love how he is when he talks about money!

"Here's how I think of my money - as soldiers - I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there's more of them." - O'leary

One of my faves: "I have to dip my beak" :laugh2:

hjmick
03-06-2015, 08:40 PM
My respect for Daymond John just went up tenfold...

jimnyc
03-07-2015, 09:32 AM
My respect for Daymond John just went up tenfold...

You can't leave us hanging like that, what did he do? :poke:

hjmick
03-07-2015, 11:49 AM
You can't leave us hanging like that, what did he do? :poke:

You didn't watch last night's episode?

They did an update with a kid from last season who was seeking a shark to help him with a bow tie business. He didn't get funding, in fact Daymond encouraged the kid to not take on a partner. In the update, it turns out Daymond has taken the kid under his wing and has been mentoring him, helping him find a place to make his bow ties, and got the product into, I believe it was a Neiman Marcus department store with the potential to expand to other Neiman Marcus stores. All for the sake of paying it forward. No money, no equity.

Very cool.

jimnyc
03-07-2015, 02:31 PM

They did an update with a kid from last season who was seeking a shark to help him with a bow tie business. He didn't get funding, in fact Daymond encouraged the kid to not take on a partner. In the update, it turns out Daymond has taken the kid under his wing and has been mentoring him, helping him find a place to make his bow ties, and got the product into, I believe it was a Neiman Marcus department store with the potential to expand to other Neiman Marcus stores. All for the sake of paying it forward. No money, no equity.

Very cool.

I DVR them. I have like 6 of them on there now, probably get to last night's either tonight or tomorrow!!

jimnyc
03-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Very cool.

So I moved that one to the front of the line and watched last night. That WAS awesome. Mo is a cool looking kid too, one who really seems interested in the fashion world. Hopefully with Daymond's help he can truly get there. How awesome is that for him to give the kid the big break he needs? Here's the kids site, with some Shark Tank photos:

http://mosbowsmemphis.com/

Maybe I should see if I can get on - think maybe Mr. Wonderful would invest in us? I would love to go just so he could tell me I was dead to him! LOL