PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson - Gets it right. Living a gay lifestyle is choice

darin
03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
More than that - he displays his conviction and opinion and has the backbone to answer tough questions - although this one SHOULD be easy..

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ben-carson-prisons-gay-choice/

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," Carson said.

That argument, Carson said, "thwarts" the notion that homosexuality isn't a choice, which is at odds with the majority of the medical community, including the American Psychological Association, who says "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation." Slate's Mark Joseph Stern also outlined the scientific arguments against this particular belief last year.

fj1200
03-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Yeah... not really. That's more the prison lifestyle. Criminal behavior is the choice.

Perianne
03-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I think sometimes it is a choice. Other times, no.

darin
03-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Criminal 'bevhavior' is the same as sexual 'behaviour' insofar that 'gay' and 'criminal' are absolutely behaviour-based conditions.

People inclined to engage in gay stuff are not forced into gay stuff and are not gay any more than I am a criminal because I'm inclined to steal donuts.

fj1200
03-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Criminal 'bevhavior' is the same as sexual 'behaviour' insofar that 'gay' and 'criminal' are absolutely behaviour-based conditions.

People inclined to engage in gay stuff are not forced into gay stuff and are not gay any more than I am a criminal because I'm inclined to steal donuts.

First point, they are not both behavior based "conditions."

Second point, in prison they are very much forced into "gay stuff."

darin
03-04-2015, 02:39 PM
why the exception with 'conditions'? Both are the current conditions or states-of-being of those involved with the verbs. 'many' are forced - how many would you guess? Do any continue the lifestyle after prison?

I guess where I'm at is this - and I respect you too much, FJ, to try and change your mind - inclination is not action. 'being attracted to' sex with those of one's same gender is NOT 'being gay'. It's probably a lot of things: Confusing sexual attraction with other types...confusing sexuality induced through childhood experiences....maybe they simply enjoy the sex/orgasms, etc, BETTER when brought on by a member of their gender? (shrug).

But feeling drawn towards those things is NOT 'being gay'. That's having 'impulses?' that steer one towards that behaviour. Impulse/urge/preferences..

fj1200
03-04-2015, 02:46 PM
why the exception with 'conditions'? Both are the current conditions or states-of-being of those involved with the verbs. 'many' are forced - how many would you guess? Do any continue the lifestyle after prison?

I guess where I'm at is this - and I respect you too much, FJ, to try and change your mind - inclination is not action. 'being attracted to' sex with those of one's same gender is NOT 'being gay'. It's probably a lot of things: Confusing sexual attraction with other types...confusing sexuality induced through childhood experiences....maybe they simply enjoy the sex/orgasms, etc, BETTER when brought on by a member of their gender? (shrug).

But feeling drawn towards those things is NOT 'being gay'. That's having 'impulses?' that steer one towards that behaviour. Impulse/urge/preferences..

Of course inclination is not action but it seems you admit that the inclination is there. That inclination is what makes them gay, it's not that they possibly engage in the activity that makes them gay. I'll argue that those in prison are not gay though they engage in the act. I have a friend from HS who is gay and last I knew had never engaged in the act.

And I have no idea how many continue with the lifestyle after prison; is it similar to the population of gays in the first place? For the statement to be correct then a larger population of ex-convicts would have to be gay than the population at large.

I have no idea what makes someone gay but it's folly to deny that they are. I think you need to separate the inclination from the act to see this differently.

darin
03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Of course inclination is not action but it seems you admit that the inclination is there. That inclination is what makes them gay, it's not that they possibly engage in the activity that makes them gay. I'll argue that those in prison are not gay though they engage in the act. I have a friend from HS who is gay and last I knew had never engaged in the act.

And I have no idea how many continue with the lifestyle after prison; is it similar to the population of gays in the first place? For the statement to be correct then a larger population of ex-convicts would have to be gay than the population at large.

I have no idea what makes someone gay but it's folly to deny that they are. I think you need to separate the inclination from the act to see this differently.

I deny they are victims of their genetic make up; everyone ultimately chooses their behaviour. If I chose to have sex with other men, sure...you could label me gay. When I chose to stop doing that, what would I be? (shrug)

Gay is merely a verb in my book - societal engineers would have us consider it a noun.

fj1200
03-04-2015, 04:53 PM
I deny they are victims of their genetic make up; everyone ultimately chooses their behaviour. If I chose to have sex with other men, sure...you could label me gay. When I chose to stop doing that, what would I be? (shrug)

Gay is merely a verb in my book - societal engineers would have us consider it a noun.

I'm not sure how many consider themselves victims. Nevertheless if you choose to have sex with men then one can assume you're gay. If you stop then you might still be gay.

I don't think gay has ever been a verb. It's been an adjective.

aboutime
03-04-2015, 05:03 PM
I think sometimes it is a choice. Other times, no.

Perianne. They (the gays) want all of us to believe it is A CHOICE. Much like it is MY choice, NOT to constantly be reminded about what their CHOICE is, by jamming it down our throats, everywhere we go.
Anyone noticed how the THREE Alphabet TV Networks now have an abundance of GAY context programs they call COMEDIES?

So, all of us also have a CHOICE. We are tired of hearing the excuses for their CHOICES, which are a sickness.

Perianne
03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Perianne. They (the gays) want all of us to believe it is A CHOICE. Much like it is MY choice, NOT to constantly be reminded about what their CHOICE is, by jamming it down our throats, everywhere we go.
Anyone noticed how the THREE Alphabet TV Networks now have an abundance of GAY context programs they call COMEDIES?

So, all of us also have a CHOICE. We are tired of hearing the excuses for their CHOICES, which are a sickness.

Look at this guy below. He was as queer as queer can be. Yes, I agree that he had a choice whether or not to live the gay lifestyle, but nature itself gave him the gay looks and likely the desire to be with other men. No one wants to look like that. He was Michael Callen who died of AIDS at the age of 38, no doubt from doing stuff that homosexuals do.

BTW, some people have the propensity to find children sexy. It is disgusting and they should resist acting on their lust. Same, IMO, with homosexuals. Just because you have a yearning to do something does not mean it is okay to do.

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/432181568_640.jpg

gabosaurus
03-04-2015, 07:37 PM
More proof that stupid people say stupid things. Carson most likely knows he is wrong, but needs to play to his far right constituency.
No one "turns gay" in prison. Gay activity might be forced upon them in prison (where the strong prey on the weak), but no straight person is going to suddenly become gay.
In prison, as in all others areas of society, rape is a show of force and power. If you think anyone enjoys being raped in prison, you obviously have a few screws loose.

indago
03-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Ben Carson apologized because of all the flack he was getting. I really doubt that he has changed his mind.

sundaydriver
03-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Yesterday I posed this question to my neighbor that retired from 20 years of working as a correction officer supervisor.
His answer was that he has seen this happen...once.

darin
03-05-2015, 09:34 AM
More proof that stupid people say stupid things. Carson most likely knows he is wrong, but needs to play to his far right constituency.
No one "turns gay" in prison. Gay activity might be forced upon them in prison (where the strong prey on the weak), but no straight person is going to suddenly become gay.
In prison, as in all others areas of society, rape is a show of force and power. If you think anyone enjoys being raped in prison, you obviously have a few screws loose.

More proof people with your mindset believe stupid things. Carson knows he is right but he needs to bow to the pressures of the vast amount of idiot voters who think something like 'behaviour' and 'preference' affects somebody to the point they have no control. Like...I dunno...robbing banks. Having sex with others of their gender.

if you think nobody in prison enjoys being somebody's bitch, you're naive to the point I pity you.

Ben was silly to "apologize". :(

aboutime
03-05-2015, 02:35 PM

Gabby. You give all of us little choice. Your words, speaking about yourself, as proof that stupid people say stupid things is ADMIRABLE. So happy you have finally decided to be honest with all of us...and YOURSELF.

Bet gabby will avoid this like the plague. But then. She always avoids responses when it exposes her ignorance of TRUTH.

DLT
03-05-2015, 02:55 PM

No. The gays I have observed want everyone to believe that they HAD NO CHOICE and that they were born that way. It (being gay) absolutely is a choice, however. It is also conditional on upbringing (ie more likely to grow up as a gay if raised by gays).

One of my step-daughters turned gay when she was 30 something. She chose to be gay. It didn't choose her. She has since had a child with her gay lover and now they have split up and she is raising the child alone. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she chooses to 'go back' to being hetero. Human behavior is always a choice, IMO....with the exception of being clinically insane....like most lefties....lol.

DLT
03-05-2015, 02:58 PM
More proof people with your mindset believe stupid things. Carson knows he is right but he needs to bow to the pressures of the vast amount of idiot voters who think something like 'behaviour' and 'preference' affects somebody to the point they have no control. Like...I dunno...robbing banks. Having sex with others of their gender.

if you think nobody in prison enjoys being somebody's bitch, you're naive to the point I pity you.

Ben was silly to "apologize". :(

Carson had damned well better 'rethink' his decision to run for president then. Cause I sure as hell would never vote for some moron that "bows to the pressures of voters and/or leftists vs. doing or saying what is right". We've already been there, done that and still doing it to death.

aboutime
03-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Carson had damned well better 'rethink' his decision to run for president then. Cause I sure as hell would never vote for some moron that "bows to the pressures of voters and/or leftists vs. doing or saying what is right". We've already been there, done that and still doing it to death.

I don't think he did any such thing. He knows full well what he said. But as usual. People distort it, or change the context. Carson IMO, is probably the ONE, and ONLY Honest person who may be running.

All the rest are PROVEN LIARS. Both sides.

fj1200
03-05-2015, 03:56 PM
No. The gays I have observed want everyone to believe that they HAD NO CHOICE and that they were born that way. It (being gay) absolutely is a choice, however. It is also conditional on upbringing (ie more likely to grow up as a gay if raised by gays).

One of my step-daughters turned gay when she was 30 something. She chose to be gay. It didn't choose her. She has since had a child with her gay lover and now they have split up and she is raising the child alone. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she chooses to 'go back' to being hetero. Human behavior is always a choice, IMO....with the exception of being clinically insane....like most lefties....lol.

Can you take us step-by-step in your thought process in choosing to be straight? I would find that fascinating.

Also, are you suggesting that only lesbians have kids with partners and then split up? Somebody should pass a law or something.

gabosaurus
03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
I feel sorry for Carson. He shouldn't have to apologize for being a misinformed idiot.

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/understanding-americas-prison-to-gay-pipeline.html/

darin
03-05-2015, 07:49 PM
You have a mental disorder, gabs. Gawd.

indago
03-05-2015, 08:01 PM
One of my step-daughters turned gay when she was 30 something. She chose to be gay. It didn't choose her. She has since had a child with her gay lover...

Was her "gay lover" a female like herself?

aboutime
03-05-2015, 08:19 PM
I feel sorry for Carson. He shouldn't have to apologize for being a misinformed idiot.

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/understanding-americas-prison-to-gay-pipeline.html/

Agreed gabby. Especially since he obviously listens to people like you. He only apologized to keep idiots like you happy, and to give you something to whine about.