PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Mr. Toilet

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Obviously I clean my toilet. I use your standard brush at least once per week. I'll also toss in a few things from the store here and there. Yesterday I bought Clorox tablets that go in the tank. All I can say thus far is that it smells better. But I doubt it will help "clean".

After a week or so, the toilet gets general buildup on it. Is this normal? Is there anything out there that you can put in the sucker to help maintain it and keep it clean? And nope, I'm not lazy, just not fond of sticking my hands below the butt line. :)

Kathianne
03-05-2015, 08:17 AM
http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Homemade-Toilet-Bowl-Cleaner-28855947

Bilgerat
03-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Is there anything out there that you can put in the sucker to help maintain it and keep it clean?

<tbody>

How To Clean Your Toilet - The Fun Way

Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".
Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely, The Dog

</tbody>

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 08:51 AM
http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/Homemade-Toilet-Bowl-Cleaner-28855947

Damn, my answer has been here all along!! I'm off to whip up a batch! (will start on wife's toilet in case it eats a hole through it or something else irrecoverable) :)

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 08:52 AM
<tbody>

Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

Sincerely, The Dog

</tbody>

LOL

Power wash is awesome!! But when I read it was written by "the dog" I literally laughed out loud. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Maybe I should have read the ingredients better, Kath. I don't even know what castile soap is, let alone have any. I also only have about 2 tablespoons left in the peroxide bottle. I figured this was easily solvable by going to CVS, but I'm not shoveling, I refuse to.

And I noticed the cat lying in the window. :)

Kathianne
03-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Maybe I should have read the ingredients better, Kath. I don't even know what castile soap is, let alone have any. I also only have about 2 tablespoons left in the peroxide bottle. I figured this was easily solvable by going to CVS, but I'm not shoveling, I refuse to.

Go to Trader Joe's. ;)

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Go to Trader Joe's. ;)

That I can do! It's about a 2 minute walk from my house. Then again, CVS is only about 2 minutes further than that. Ok, I shall update later...

Bilgerat
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM

http://media2.giphy.com/media/IeLOBZb7ZdQ1G/giphy.gif

tailfins
03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Ms. Woman should be cleaning Mr. Toilet.

Jeff
03-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Obviously I clean my toilet. I use your standard brush at least once per week. I'll also toss in a few things from the store here and there. Yesterday I bought Clorox tablets that go in the tank. All I can say thus far is that it smells better. But I doubt it will help "clean".

After a week or so, the toilet gets general buildup on it. Is this normal? Is there anything out there that you can put in the sucker to help maintain it and keep it clean? And nope, I'm not lazy, just not fond of sticking my hands below the butt line. :)

Jim I add bleach at night before I go to bed, rub the brush all around and then in the morning just flush, stays clean all the time like that.

Bilgerat
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Jim I add bleach at night before I go to bed, rub the brush all around and then in the morning just flush, stays clean all the time like that.

Not a good plan if you have a septic system however:panicsmiley:

Jeff
03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Not a good plan if you have a septic system however:panicsmiley:

I do and I was worried about that, having grown up in NJ I never had a septic system until I moved south, now the wife she grew up here and says she has done it that way since she was a kid, so far ( about 8 years at the current address ) no issues, I guess time will tell.

Bilgerat
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I do and I was worried about that, having grown up in NJ I never had a septic system until I moved south, now the wife she grew up here and says she has done it that way since she was a kid, so far ( about 8 years at the current address ) no issues, I guess time will tell.

I have disconnected the washing machine from the septic system and created a "sump" for is. Along with the fuzz, feathers and pet fur NOT going into my system it also deletes the bleach used fro entering.

I also "feed" my system with a product I get from my local septic service, who pumps it out every four years (or so)

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Ms. Woman should be cleaning Mr. Toilet.

If I told Ms. Woman that I would be wearing the toilet shortly thereafter!! We have separate bathrooms. She said mine is a "bacterial cesspool". :dunno:

Jeff
03-05-2015, 04:57 PM
I have disconnected the washing machine from the septic system and created a "sump" for is. Along with the fuzz, feathers and pet fur NOT going into my system it also deletes the bleach used fro entering.

I also "feed" my system with a product I get from my local septic service, who pumps it out every four years (or so)

Like I said I am basically new to the septic tank deal, I haven't had to have one pumped out as of yet, I do know cigarette butts will clog it in a heart beat. But down here in GA many will pour a gallon of milk once a month into the drain, they say that it help naturally decompose the solids ?

Elessar
03-05-2015, 05:46 PM
<tbody>

Sincerely, The Dog

</tbody>

You fukker...:laugh:

Elessar
03-05-2015, 05:47 PM

Try CRC...

It could be mineral build-up.

tailfins
03-10-2015, 07:43 PM
If I told Ms. Woman that I would be wearing the toilet shortly thereafter!! We have separate bathrooms. She said mine is a "bacterial cesspool". :dunno:

Try the below article as the first lesson in her re-education.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/misc/days.pdf

Gunny
04-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Grenades work.