PDA

View Full Version : An explanation (of sorts)

Bilgerat
03-05-2015, 11:33 AM
I might seem a bit harsh to cats on the “Cleaning Mr. Toilet” thread, so I think I’ll explain.

First off, my Lady and I have both a cat and a dog. Both are considered our “kids” and are spoiled accordingly.

So the story goes like this, Tuesday night, on or about 03:00 something (I still have no idea what) came onto the fourteen pound Pekingese pup’s radar and she erupts into guard dog mode.

Since it IS on or about 03:00, my sixty three year old body is deep into the land of Morpheus. However since it IS on or about 03:00 I go from cold iron watch to GQ in a microsecond.

My Lady is awake (who could sleep with the pup’s racket) and sees me launch from the bed. (I use the word launch, I imagine she might choose another euphemism) and now she is also concerned, (probably more for my well being than for an intruder).

A brief search brings no results (and the pup has already resumed sleep mode) so I return to bed.

In the morning the sixty three year old body framework reminds me that going from sleep to GQ isn’t the best thing in the world, so it’s off to the medicine chest for Mr. Codeine and muscle relaxants.

Comes Wednesday night and I am most certainly ready for bed. One more dose of meds and I slip away to dreamland, only to have that state AGAIN disrupted.

During the night, I suppose I tossed off my share of the linen and was very comfortably resting on my left side. Now for you to completely understand what occurs next, I don’t own (or wear) pajamas). Get the set up?

Around 01:00, I feel something damp touch my bottom. Then it does it again.

In the engine room, one learns to hold your position to determine what your situation is, in Florida it’s an entirely different thing. You react, AND THEN determine what your situation is.

Again I go from cold iron watch to GQ in a microsecond. This time it most certainly was me that awoke the Lady of the House. But I suspect that the cat rapidly departing the area (via her position) using it’s extendable traction devices, might have also assisted the process.

A repeat of the night before ensues along with this morning.

Thank you Veteran’s Administration for the drugs which we are partaking in this day.

jimnyc
03-05-2015, 12:01 PM
"extendable traction devices" - I'll have to remember that one!!

** For the record, I am NOT asking what the damp thing was **

NightTrain
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah, there's nothing worse than being sound asleep and having that cold, wet nose poke into my ribs at 3am.

Our German Shepard definitely knows exactly how to get me fully awake in less than a second.