PDA

View Full Version : CIA chief says ISIS has 'snowballed'

jimnyc
03-15-2015, 08:10 AM
It's scary enough that people want to join this group. Even scarier if anyone in the world downplays who they are, what they do or how powerful they are becoming. I still don't know why there isn't an all out assault on them. Going at them with little pieces I don't believe is going to work.

--------

CIA Director John Brennan said Friday that the Islamic State had “snowballed” beyond Iraq and Syria, estimating that at least 20,000 fighters from more than 90 countries have gone to join the militant group, several thousand of them from Western nations, including the United States.

Brennan’s statement marks a change from the narrative the Obama administration has been pushing on the success of the fight against ISIS.

“Left unchecked, the group would pose a serious danger not only to Syria and Iraq, but to the wider region and beyond, including the threat of attacks in the homelands of the United States and our partners,” Brennan told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

He added that ISIS takes advantage of new technology to “coordinate operations, attract new recruits, disseminate propaganda and inspire sympathizers across the globe to act in their name.”

The CIA director said that the terror group has ballooned in size to about 20,000 members, and points to the recent pledge of allegiance to ISIS by Nigeria-based Boko Haram.

“This will be a long-term struggle,” he said. “If there is one thing we have learned over the years, it is that success against terrorism requires patience and determination.”

Brennan’s comments about ISIS’ staying power differs from claims made by top Obama administration officials as recently as last month assessing the progress against the terror organization.

Rest here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/14/reports-success-against-isis-overinflated/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-15-2015, 10:47 PM
It's scary enough that people want to join this group. Even scarier if anyone in the world downplays who they are, what they do or how powerful they are becoming. I still don't know why there isn't an all out assault on them. Going at them with little pieces I don't believe is going to work.

--------

CIA Director John Brennan said Friday that the Islamic State had “snowballed” beyond Iraq and Syria, estimating that at least 20,000 fighters from more than 90 countries have gone to join the militant group, several thousand of them from Western nations, including the United States.

Brennan’s statement marks a change from the narrative the Obama administration has been pushing on the success of the fight against ISIS.

“Left unchecked, the group would pose a serious danger not only to Syria and Iraq, but to the wider region and beyond, including the threat of attacks in the homelands of the United States and our partners,” Brennan told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

He added that ISIS takes advantage of new technology to “coordinate operations, attract new recruits, disseminate propaganda and inspire sympathizers across the globe to act in their name.”

The CIA director said that the terror group has ballooned in size to about 20,000 members, and points to the recent pledge of allegiance to ISIS by Nigeria-based Boko Haram.

“This will be a long-term struggle,” he said. “If there is one thing we have learned over the years, it is that success against terrorism requires patience and determination.”

Brennan’s comments about ISIS’ staying power differs from claims made by top Obama administration officials as recently as last month assessing the progress against the terror organization.

Rest here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/14/reports-success-against-isis-overinflated/

ISIS is just AQ renamed and on a more aggressive mission. Its all just propaganda coming from the bambastard machine.
We do not know who Obama has our military striking or who he aids over there.
I do know this , the lying bastard does not bat for our team!!!
Every current military or ex-military guy I know agrees with that judgment..Tyr

namvet
03-22-2015, 06:16 PM

--------

democraps fight a war LMFAO ???!!!! hell they've run for cover. including that chicken shit of an excuse they call a prez. please mr terrorists don't hurt us. you can have dinner and play golf HAHAHAHAHA.........................