PDA

View Full Version : My daughter stands up for your honor

gabosaurus
03-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Just learned of something that happened on Saturday that might interest the many fine vets here.
My daughter was leaving a shopping center with my sister. They notice a van with DV plates pulling into a handicapped spot near the entrance. She wanted to stop and say hello to the driver. Instead of a disabled vet, it was a fairly young, able bodied young guy. My daughter asked if he was a vet. He wasn't, just borrowed the truck. Presumably so he wouldn't have to walk as far as most people do on Saturdays at busy shopping malls.
This greatly perturbed my 13 year old, who began to chew the guy out for dishonoring real veterans and possibly forcing a disabled person to walk a long distance. My sister finally had to cut her off because a crowd was starting to develop. :cool:

jimnyc
03-17-2015, 07:33 AM
Whether D or R, liberal or conservative, we can all respect the soldiers and veterans (I know, vets are still soldiers!). Regardless of your positions, you can still teach a kid about the soldier and all they do to protect us and stand up for our nation. And it appears you do that. Good job! :)

gabosaurus
03-17-2015, 10:03 AM
My daughter knows what the disabled vet is. My dad's best friend could qualify, but he doesn't. He was wounded in Viet Nam. Says he can walk well enough. But she appreciates the struggles of disabled vets and handicapped people of all natures.