PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Netanyahu has won re-election in Israel

Little-Acorn
03-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Reports are preliminary, it might take a day or two to be sure.

But if true, it looks like Israel has chosen a leader who is under no dreamy illusions that her neighbors will be nice to her.

We could use such a realist in this country. Too bad the current administration isn't such.

The election was close. Apparently many people who do not have Israel's best interests at heart, voted. But they were outvoted by a slim majority of those who do.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.647304

LIVE BLOG: Likud cements victory with nearly all votes counted

Netanyahu's party set to win 29 votes, Zionist Union gets 24; Netanyahu calls for 'strong' government to safeguard security, welfare • 'Kingmaker' Kahlon says doesn't rule anyone out.

by Haaretz | Mar. 18, 2015 | 4:44 AM

With nearly all votes counted, Benjamin Netanyahu's Lkud party is set to emerge as the election's big winner with 29 seats. The Zionist Union trails behind with 24 seats. The Joint List of Arab parties is the third-largest party at this point, followed by Yesh Atid, Kulanu, Habayit Hayehudi, Shas, Yisrael Beiteinu, United Torah Judaism, Meretz and Yahad.

President Reuven Rivlin said he would work for a national unity government.

Ballots were cast at 10,372 polling stations throughout Israel. There are 5,881,696 Israelis (citizens over the age of 18) who were eligible to vote today for the 20th Knesset.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Reports are preliminary, it might take a day or two to be sure.

But if true, it looks like Israel has chosen a leader who is under no dreamy illusions that her neighbors will be nice to her.

We could use such a realist in this country. Too bad the current administration isn't such.

The election was close. Apparently many people who do not have Israel's best interests at heart, voted. But they were outvoted by a slim majority of those who do.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.647304

LIVE BLOG: Likud cements victory with nearly all votes counted

Netanyahu's party set to win 29 votes, Zionist Union gets 24; Netanyahu calls for 'strong' government to safeguard security, welfare • 'Kingmaker' Kahlon says doesn't rule anyone out.

by Haaretz | Mar. 18, 2015 | 4:44 AM

With nearly all votes counted, Benjamin Netanyahu's Lkud party is set to emerge as the election's big winner with 29 seats. The Zionist Union trails behind with 24 seats. The Joint List of Arab parties is the third-largest party at this point, followed by Yesh Atid, Kulanu, Habayit Hayehudi, Shas, Yisrael Beiteinu, United Torah Judaism, Meretz and Yahad.

President Reuven Rivlin said he would work for a national unity government.

Ballots were cast at 10,372 polling stations throughout Israel. There are 5,881,696 Israelis (citizens over the age of 18) who were eligible to vote today for the 20th Knesset.

And plop went the big turd into the pos Obama's cereal bowl.
I bet the bastard is crying on his ugly wife's manly shoulders right now.. :laugh:--Tyr

jimnyc
03-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Congrats, Bibi!! And I hope Obama has heartburn this morning, knowing his and others efforts are down the drain. I hope Netanyahu continues to make the world aware of the shit dealings that Obama wants to undertake with Iran.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Congrats, Bibi!! And I hope Obama has heartburn this morning, knowing his and others efforts are down the drain. I hope Netanyahu continues to make the world aware of the shit dealings that Obama wants to undertake with Iran.

I suspect the Obama has now had to move on to plan number 2--How to get away with murdering Netty.
And no, I am not joking...
Most do not understand what the slimy little bastard is--I do!!!-Tyr

tailfins
03-18-2015, 08:35 AM
I suspect the Obama has now had to move on to plan number 2--How to get away with murdering Netty.
And no, I am not joking...
Most do not understand what the slimy little bastard is--I do!!!-Tyr

Netanyahu and Likud are moderating influences. President B. Hussein Obama certainly knows too much heavy handedness on his part would increase the power of parties such as Shas, United Torah Judaism or Yisrael Beytenu. If B-HO gets tired of dealing with Netanyahu, he can deal with this guy:

Avigdor Lieberman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avigdor_Lieberman

In 1997, Lieberman resigned from Likud after Prime Minister Netanyahu granted concessions to the Palestinians in the Wye River Memorandum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wye_River_Memorandum)

In his The Jewish Week article, Lieberman tried to explain his party's "no loyalty – no citizenship" campaign

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Avigdor_Lieberman_-_2011.jpg/640px-Avigdor_Lieberman_-_2011.jpg

Perianne
03-18-2015, 08:45 AM
I am in the odd position of pulling for just about anyone that Obama dislikes.

Drummond
03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
I am in the odd position of pulling for just about anyone that Obama dislikes.:clap::clap:

... and who can possibly blame you ??

In Netanyahu's case, any other result would've been a disgusting travesty. He has a laudable 'Thatcherite' spirit of being a thoroughly patriotic conviction politician. That he doubtless gets up Obama's nose is a bonus ...

Already, I understand that Netanyahu has ruled out agreeing the formation of any Palestinian State, a decision I welcome. Although ... it's claimed on this thread that Netanyahu is a moderating influence ? Surely, this'll bring Lefties out of the woodwork to insist the exact opposite ?

I don't care either way. Netanyahu, in my opinion, is 'made of the right stuff'. All power to him and his Party.

namvet
03-18-2015, 03:00 PM
congrads Bibi may your raghead body counts always be high and declare Israel a no fly zone for AF1

aboutime
03-18-2015, 03:13 PM
I Love it when Good news makes Obama, and his slimy Democrat Anarchists whine so much.

At least we now know. No matter how lousy Obama is...Bibi isn't afraid to keep telling us the TRUTH.