PDA

View Full Version : We won

06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The Amnesty Bill is dead!

Just goes to show that we do have a voice.

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe now a better version will be drafted. They'll have to draft a new one. If they don't do something about illegal immigration, they'll be voted out in the next election.

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Maybe now a better version will be drafted. They'll have to draft a new one. If they don't do something about illegal immigration, they'll be voted out in the next election.

It'll be the numero uno topic for the upcoming Presidential campaign.

Mr. P
06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Not so fast batman, I won't say we won until we secure the borders. Then there is the chance they'll bring this bill out again even after being shot down twice.

06-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Harry Reid has already said he wont be able to do anything for the next two years. Which is good. This is a debate that belongs front and center in the Presidential campaign.

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM

It won't be brought up again until after 2008, for the same reason the House didn't start on one-they did know the will of the people.

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
It won't be brought up again until after 2008, for the same reason the House didn't start on one-they did know the will of the people.

I don't think they'll ever bring "this" bill back. It'll be a whole new draft, and it'll start out like this... "CLOSE THE BORDER."

But now there's rumor the illegals, "that we can't find... ahem," are going to riot. I sincerely hope they do. They think we didn't want them as citizens before, wait until after they riot.

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Look at the voting power of the Hispanic population in this country and you'll find where the candidates on both sides will stand on this issue.

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think they'll ever bring "this" bill back. It'll be a whole new draft, and it'll start out like this... "CLOSE THE BORDER."

I agree. If some of the nimrods in the Senate would like some cred back, they'd take the 'funding' part from the bill and make it a bill-then get it passed.

Heck, just insist the two-fer they were hoping for with the construction and added agents go forward.

Mr. P
06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Look at the voting power of the Hispanic population in this country and you'll find where the candidates on both sides will stand on this issue.

Look at the voting power of non-Hispanics in this country and you'll understand why this bill failed. :slap:

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Doing a little reading and came upon this:

http://polipundit.com/index.php?p=18144

Thursday, June 28th, 2007
$4.4 Billion

In order to pass the Bush-Kennedy amnesty, el Presidente tacked on a $4.4. “emergency supplemental” funding request to the bill. The president should still ask Congress for that “emergency” money to help solve the crisis on our borders. And he should build the 700-mile fence that was mandated by law last year. Otherwise, he will have blood on his hands the next time a terrorist attack occurs in this country.
-- PoliPundit

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 12:31 PM

That's part of the reason this bill failed. An illegal alien should NEVER be given citizenship, or the right to vote, "UNLESS," they go BACK to their country of origin and come here the LEGAL way.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 12:37 PM

But now there's rumor the illegals, "that we can't find... ahem," are going to riot. I sincerely hope they do. They think we didn't want them as citizens before, wait until after they riot.

Well Im sure we can organize a protest against them.

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Look at the voting power of non-Hispanics in this country and you'll understand why this bill failed. :slap:

What I meant was the candidates will just bend to whatever will get them the most votes.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Hearing it's dead makes this the happiest day of my life along with my daughter being born, getting my Eagle Scout and losing my virginity. :coffee:

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Harry Reid has already said he wont be able to do anything for the next two years. Which is good. This is a debate that belongs front and center in the Presidential campaign.

Then we have to work to get Tancredo in office he won't just veto the bill he would rip it up! :laugh2:

MtnBiker
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Illegals can vote?

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Illegals can vote?

:rolleyes:

OCA
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
The Amnesty Bill is dead!

Just goes to show that we do have a voice.

The Status quo is alive and well! YESSSSSSSSS!

It was either this bill or nothing, congress chose nothing. There will still be 12-18,000,000 illegals here at this time next year and the year after etc. etc.

MtnBiker
06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Well do you know what the voting population of hispanics is?

In 2004 it was a few million more than the black population, but the actual hispanic vote was about half of the black vote, about 7.5 million.

Look at Table B (http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p20-556.pdf)

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Well do you know what the voting population of hispanics is?

In 2004 it was a few million more than the black population, but the actual hispanic vote was about half of the black vote, about 7.5 million.

Look at Table B (http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p20-556.pdf)

Ok. Thanks for that info MtnBiker.

The point of my post is that all presidential candidates are bought by lobbyists with corporate money. Social issues are wedge issues they fight over to give the impression that our opinions actually matter. When it comes time, the candidates will want to get the Hispanic vote, so they are going to support whatever policy they need to in order to get it--or be purposely vague in order to not piss-off their base.

That's the second time I've posted the meaning of my apparently incomprehensible post. I expect the third time will be the charm. :rolleyes:

MtnBiker
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM

The point of my post is that all presidential candidates are bought by lobbyists with corporate money. Social issues are wedge issues they fight over to give the impression that our opinions actually matter. When it comes time, the candidates will want to get the Hispanic vote, so they are going to support whatever policy they need to in order to get it--or be purposely vague in order to not piss-off their base.

That's the second time I've posted the meaning of my apparently incomprehensible post. I expect the third time will be the charm. :rolleyes:

There may be some truth to that. My point (and I believe MrP's as well) is there are much larger voting blocks for canidates to be concerned about. 7.5 million hispanic voters(it is important to consider the actual voters as a ratio to eligeble voters in a group) compared to a total of 125 million voter is not very much. Not to say that the 7.5 should be discounted, but that 7.5 shouldn't be given more credit than it deserves either.

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
There may be some truth to that. My point (and I believe MrP's as well) is there are much larger voting blocks for canidates to be concerned about. 7.5 million hispanic voters(it is important to consider the actual voters as a ratio to eligeble voters in a group) compared to a total of 125 million voter is not very much. Not to say that the 7.5 should be discounted, but that 7.5 shouldn't be given more credit than it deserves either.

To further confuse the point that Hagbard is trying to make:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YWE4ZDZiZWRkNDU2NTE1ZjkyZDlmN2MyZjI0YTFmN2I=

Today in History [Mark Krikorian]

Today's defeat of the Senate amnesty bill was more than a run-of-the-mill legislative victory, representing as it did a self-organizing public's defeat of combined force of Big Business, (some of) Big Labor, Big Media, Big Religion, Big Philanthropy, Big Academia, and Big Government. So I looked at what else has happened on June 28 — the closest parallel would appear to be the Battle of Monmouth in 1778, of the only two times when Gen. Washington managed to fight British regulars to a draw in a conventional battle. Because that's all this is — a draw, because the open-borders folks aren't going to give up. It's just that they went from their usual tactics of piecemeal, behind-the-scenes victories, buried in appropriations bills and little-known courtrooms and bureaucratic offices, and tried to get the whole enchilada — trying to emulate something else that happened on June 28, the Turks' defeat of the Serbs at the Battle of Kosovo in 1389, leading to Ottoman conquest of all southeastern Europe.

06/28 03:06 PM

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Well Im sure we can organize a protest against them.

Let's stick together on this nm, and make sure this is dingy harry's LAST term. The son of a bitch needs to be voted out of office. If you were listening last week, I called in to Bill Manders and had a talk with him about the "liberal moonbat, dingy Harry." Bill loved it. :D

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 03:37 PM

What's that now... :laugh2:

TheSage
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM

No. We need to actually enforce existing laws, and punish municipalities which have a POLICY of ignoring federal law, so called sanctary cities.

Hagbard Celine
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
No. We need to actually enforce existing laws, and punish municipalities which have a POLICY of ignoring federal law, so called sanctary cities.

I'm wondering why you guys are so adamantly against Mexican immigration to the US. Is it just the principle of it? Is it just that they came over the border without getting the proper documentation? Is it something deeper? What is it about it that get's ya'll so riled up?

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm wondering why you guys are so adamantly against Mexican immigration to the US. Is it just the principle of it? Is it just that they came over the border without getting the proper documentation? Is it something deeper? What is it about it that get's ya'll so riled up?

Hag... you trivialise it like it's just a couple of innocent little guys just wanting to work for the weekend and then run back home to mommy. Well it isn't. In fact, it's the largest land invasion from one country into another in the history of the world. And do you also realize that if everyone thought like you, they'd take the country over. Is that what YOU want?

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM

If you read most of our posts, the 'antis' if you will, we are not against Mexican immigration, rather illegal Mexican or any illegal immigration. I for one am in favor of an enforcement policy that will punish the employers, which would encourage the hard working Mexicans to return home. Increase the legal Mexican quotas, if we really want a source of uneducated workers.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Let's stick together on this nm, and make sure this is dingy harry's LAST term. The son of a bitch needs to be voted out of office. If you were listening last week, I called in to Bill Manders and had a talk with him about the "liberal moonbat, dingy Harry." Bill loved it. :D

I didn't hear it, I wish I did. I would like to start a Conservative movment against Senator Reid but I can't do it alone.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
We could also get a Minutemen group started here in Northern Nevada. Las Vegas has one and it's pretty successful.

waterrescuedude2000
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
I would like to see him taken out of office. Reid said that we surrender. The only thing that harry should be ready to surrender is his seat in senate.:pee:

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Our esteemed Senator John McCain (Rhino - AZ) said in an interview with the Des Moines Register that if we deport illegals, like France is doing, then we would have our suburbs filled with rioting and looting "youths" - just like France did.

Hmmm.

30% of France's population are illegals. The US only has about 5.5% right now. The reason France has had so much violence is that they waited too long to get rid of their "problem children". If they had nipped the problem in the bud a decade ago, France wouldn't be in the situation it is now.

Taking a cue from McCain, it sounds like maybe we should start deporting more and more of them BEFORE we get like France. That sounds like a good idea.

The US currently spends $21,000 per illegal alien family. They use our E/R's like a primary care facility and don't pay for the services received. That's why schools are in dire straits, hospitals are closing and our social security funds are getting sucked down the toilet.

Well I say let these people riot. Two years ago they were caught running around waving Mexican flags and hurling racially insulting slurs at Americans. Then when the MSM caught them doing it on videotape, they changed their tactics. They started carrying US flags after that.

Well no one is buying the public relations spin that the pro-open borders groups are trying to shove down our throats. This bill is bad and, with our government's track record on enforcing immigration law, it's no surprise that 63% of US households want the bill dashed and swept under the rug.

Check out Fontana HS Riots from last year. The offspring of people who "are doing the jobs that Americans won't do" were caught in a fullscale race riot. They have video and pictures of the little darlings throwing up gang signs and beating other students.

That's why they should all be allowed into our country - We don't have enough gangs, drugs, corruption and crime.

Thank you Mr. Bush...

http://rue-st-michel.blogspot.com/2007/06/mccain-hints-that-illegals-may-riot.html

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:13 PM
LE MARS (AP) — Republican presidential candidate John McCain has a message for critics of a comprehensive immigration plan he helped craft.

``I respect your disagreement, but what's your proposal?'' McCain said to reporters Saturday.

``If people who are running for president of the United States don't agree with this proposal, what's your proposal?...The status quo is not acceptable,'' he said.

McCain's comments came after a town hall event at a golf course in Le Mars, a town in northwest Iowa. Speaking to an audience of about 150 people, McCain spoke about Iraq, government spending and healthcare, among other topics, but immigration talk dominated the discussion.

McCain went back and forth with one audience member, who said he was upset that the immigration proposal before Congress is not tough enough. The man told McCain that there were already adequate laws on the books — they just aren't being enforced.

McCain said that was a misnomer.

``The old rules are not workable and enforceable,'' he said. ``We've certainly proved that over the last 20 years.''

Congress ``failed you,'' McCain said. ``We passed a law in 1986 that said we'd give amnesty to some people and now we have 12 million more,'' illegal immigrants.

The man wasn't satisfied with McCain's answer. He asked McCain why the U.S. couldn't execute large-scale deportations, as he had heard they did in France and other countries.

The question seemed to pique McCain.

``In case you hadn't noticed, the thousands of people who have been relegated to ghettos have risen up and burned cars in France,'' McCain said. ``They've got huge problems in France. They have tremendous problems. The police can't even go into certain areas in the suburbs of Paris. I don't want that in the suburbs of America.''

Audience member David Netz, of Sioux Center, said he wasn't surprised that immigration a popular topic at Saturday's event.

``I think people are getting their information from so many different sources that they don't know what's going on, they think it's a conspiracy or something,'' Netz said. ``I'm glad McCain talked about it, because it's important and because I think the information needs to be shared.''

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=189860

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I didn't hear it, I wish I did. I would like to start a Conservative movment against Senator Reid but I can't do it alone.

There's PLENTY of people in Nevada that, I'm SURE, are FED UP with this asscake. Starting a movenment against him should be a sinche. I'll start it myself.... "citizens of Nevada Against dingy harry."

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
There's PLENTY of people in Nevada that, I'm SURE, are FED UP with this asscake. Starting a movenment against him should be a sinche. I'll start it myself.... "citizens of Nevada Against dingy harry."

Yea but I can't do it alone. I know Jeremy(Waterrescue) is in. The problem is there already is a campaign going but they want nothing to do with Conservatives that's why I left it. There is alot to do, you have to file for PAC status, get a website going, name officers. I dont know how to make a website :-( I have a radio station that is interested in getting something going. Since your retired Pale, help me get something going! :)

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Yea but I can't do it alone. I know Jeremy(Waterrescue) is in. The problem is there already is a campaign going but they want nothing to do with Conservatives that's why I left it. There is alot to do, you have to file for PAC status, get a website going, name officers. I dont know how to make a website :-( I have a radio station that is interested in getting something going. Since your retired Pale, help me get something going! :)

You bet. Come election time, I'll do everything in my power to see that dingy is gone.

Kathianne
06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Too far for me, but here's one:

http://opposereid.com/

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
You bet. Come election time, I'll do everything in my power to see that dingy is gone.

If we can get an anti Reid campaign going now that woould help hurt him image until the election. We can also encourage local polititians with high approval rating Like Senator Amodei, Senator Raggio, Senator Beers or former Assemblyman and current University Regent Ron Knecht to run against him. I have people who want to donate money, protest create and sell merchandise but dont have the time to help get it going. I was thinking since your retired *Hint* *Hint* and your hatred of the man would make you a good person to help start this!

Pale Rider
06-28-2007, 05:41 PM
If we can get an anti Reid campaign going now that woould help hurt him image until the election. We can also encourage local polititians with high approval rating Like Senator Amodei, Senator Raggio, Senator Beers or former Assemblyman and current University Regent Ron Knecht to run against him. I have people who want to donate money, protest create and sell merchandise but dont have the time to help get it going. I was thinking since your retired *Hint* *Hint* and your hatred of the man would make you a good person to help start this!

Not a problem... we'll get something going nm. Check out Kathianne's post right above your's.

THANK YOU KATH!!! :beer:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

Abbey Marie
06-28-2007, 05:53 PM
For all of my DP friends, let's enjoy a cyber-celebration while we can:

http://www.chiboum.net/images/champagne.jpg

glockmail
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM

First of all it's "y'all", as there are females that are adamantly opposed as well. :laugh2:

To me its about breaking the law and invading a sovereign country. I’ve worked with several illegals over the last few years and I haven’t had a problem with any individual. But I also noticed that most have no intention of learning English or becoming Americans.

As Savage says: borders, language, culture. Its really that simple.

glockmail
06-28-2007, 06:32 PM
For all of my DP friends, let's enjoy a cyber-celebration while we can:

http://www.chiboum.net/images/champagne.jpg

Don't you think that's rather sexual, erotic even? :poke:

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Too far for me, but here's one:

http://opposereid.com/

I was the Media and Public Relations person for that campaign. I left because they want nothing to do with Conservatives. The two people who do that campaign just switched from Republican to Democrat. I had donations and support coming from the GOP and they wouldn't accept it. They don't care about getting him out, they want to make a name for themselves.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Not a problem... we'll get something going nm. Check out Kathianne's post right above your's.

THANK YOU KATH!!! :beer:

Don't you remember I invited you to the protest that I organized. I have over 100 people there.

nevadamedic
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Story Highlights
• NEW: "It's a sad day for America," says Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Backers were "trying to work a compromise to pass something," says opponent
• Bush says "Congress must prove ... it can come together on hard issues"
• Bill was centerpiece of Bush's 2nd term; aimed at legalizing 12 million

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/28/immigration.congress/index.html

Cnn's coverage on this issue. Is President Bush trying to say he is going to try and get the Bill through Congress now?

Abbey Marie
06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Don't you think that's rather sexual, erotic even? :poke:

No, but I guess you do! :coffee:

glockmail
06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
No, but I guess you do! :coffee: I'm just a red-blooded man! :dance:

Abbey Marie
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm just a red-blooded man! :dance:

We always need those! :salute:

nevadamedic
07-03-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm just a red-blooded man! :dance:

Don't give Abbey any bad ideas............ :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-03-2007, 01:42 AM
We always need those! :salute:

Shes still caught up on the sandwich thought with Johnny Depp and Gary Oldman..........:laugh2: