PDA

View Full Version : Govt cracking down: You will vote whether you want to or not, we need the legitimacy

Little-Acorn
03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
If people are disgusted by all the available "major" candidates and don't want to vote, they will no longer be allowed to make that choice.

Obama is proposing that people be forced to vote even if they don't want to. Apparently he feels there aren't enough regulations and restrictions on the American people, and he wants more.

He has not yet announced what punishment they would get if they tried to not vote. But I'm sure he'll get around to it.

And it would just be a matter of time before the Supreme Court declared that the punishment wasn't a penalty, but just a tax.

The Constitution says clearly that poll taxes are forbidden. But how about a tax for NOT going to the polls?

Is there anything Obama won't try to impose on us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-floats-idea-mandatory-voting-us-202518123--politics.html

Mandatory voting? Obama says it would be 'transformative'

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — They say the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. President Barack Obama wants to add one more: voting.

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the corrosive influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the related topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier — not harder— for people to vote.

"If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country," Obama said, calling it potentially transformative. Not only that, Obama said, but universal voting would "counteract money more than anything."

Disproportionately, Americans who skip the polls on Election Day are younger, lower-income and more likely to be immigrants or minorities, Obama said.

Little-Acorn
03-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Probably most of the people who don't vote, are those who aren't paying attention, don't know what the various candidates offer... and especially, they don't know what the candidates have done in the past.

No wonder Obama wants people like that, to vote. More of them will vote Democrat than any voters who DO know what the Democrats have done in the past.

Ignorant and uninformed people are the lifeblood of the Democrat party. No one else wants anything to do with them.

PixieStix
03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
This is THE most anti Constitutional President ever.

He is either insane, or he is a muslim. Maybe both.

Obama is a proxy

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1276

NightTrain
03-19-2015, 12:14 PM
He's not actually going to try and enact this.

He admitted it would be very hard to do - but in the usual liberal mindset, it's a good idea to make people do things because Bambam knows what's best for us.

jimnyc
03-19-2015, 12:55 PM
He's not actually going to try and enact this.

He admitted it would be very hard to do - but in the usual liberal mindset, it's a good idea to make people do things because Bambam knows what's best for us.

I took a peek over at drooler central. Some are normal, but some are frothing as usual. Funny reading to be had all over!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026383255

Drummond
03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
I took a peek over at drooler central. Some are normal, but some are frothing as usual. Funny reading to be had all over!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026383255

Looks like it's generated lots of intelligent, animated, worthwhile discussion (e.g 'P'fft' ..). Very, er'm, 'impressive'.

'Democratic Underground', eh .. ? Looks like it might be a rough equivalent to a British Leftie site I got kicked off of a few years ago (I lasted six weeks there). Maybe I'll join it, one day, and have myself a bit of fun ?

In the meantime .. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm feeling a sudden urge to seek out a jackboot sale somewhere, and practice a Monty Python 'silly walk' ... :coffee::eek::eek:

aboutime
03-19-2015, 02:02 PM
NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. It's just Obama blowing more smoke.

tailfins
03-19-2015, 02:42 PM
I wonder when B-HO will try a certain third world vote-getting tactic of handing out an expensive right shoe during a campaign and only give the matching left if he wins.

Trigg
03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
awesome idea, just what this country needs are millions of uninformed voters deciding the fate of the country and picking a candidate based on the color of his tie. :lame2:

aboutime
03-19-2015, 07:11 PM
awesome idea, just what this country needs are millions of uninformed voters deciding the fate of the country and picking a candidate based on the color of his tie. :lame2:

Trigg. Ya know? In a way. This already happened TWICE. Once in 2008, then 2012. And it wasn't the color of the tie.:laugh:

Bilgerat
03-21-2015, 10:36 AM
​I have two thoughts on mandatory voting

1) How does one enforce mandatory voting without an ID?

2) Is it just me who wonders, will we be able to vote "present" like Obama did when he was a Senator?

BoogyMan
03-21-2015, 04:22 PM
A quote that is generally attributed to Alexander Frasier Tytler says:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.”

Obama is aware of this propensity to vote oneself into penury and will do anything to ensure that America broadly takes up his Marxist view of redistribution and what the despots on his side of the aisle call "social justice."

America voted for this garbage. We are circling the drain headed down...

aboutime
03-21-2015, 07:02 PM
A quote that is generally attributed to Alexander Frasier Tytler says:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.”

Obama is aware of this propensity to vote oneself into penury and will do anything to ensure that America broadly takes up his Marxist view of redistribution and what the despots on his side of the aisle call "social justice."

America voted for this garbage. We are circling the drain headed down...

Bottom Line. The day Obama successfully fooled, and deceived enough of the American people to vote for him, this nation has been on the way down.

So...Truth is..WE'RE SCREWED. No turning back. Americans in general..DON'T GIVE A FLYIN' F!