PDA

View Full Version : `.....UC Berkeley students want to rename building to honor cop killer`

LongTermGuy
03-20-2015, 04:45 PM
http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/...to-6139786.php (http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/UC-Berkeley-black-students-demand-fixes-to-6139786.php)

Quote:

<tbody>
`All but one of the demands directly addresses the well-being of students. The other seeks to rename Barrows Hall — which houses Ethnic Studies, Women’s Studies and African American Studies— for Shakur, who was convicted in 1977 of first-degree murder in the 1973 killing of New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster in a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpik. She escaped from prison in 1979 and was granted political asylum in Cuba in 1984, where she has lived for more than 30 years. Two years ago, the FBI placed Shakur on its Most Wanted Terrorist List and doubled the reward for her capture to $2 million.

In 2013, Shakur declared her innocence and called her trial a legal lynching by an all-white jury.

The students call Shakur “an icon of resistance within oppressed communities (who) represents Black resilience in the face of unadulterated state-sanctioned violence.”

Barrows’ legacy

David Prescott Barrows, an anthropologist, served as president of the University of California from 1919 to 1923. A UC Berkeley research paper from 2014 says that when the regents argued against the rising population of Asian and other non-Euro American immigrants at UC, “Barrows offered a formal plea for cultural diversity among the university’s student population.”

The paper does conclude that, “in most areas of university management, Barrows was arguably inept and his tenure, as a result, was short.”

</tbody>

LongTermGuy
03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
***.....Teachers should be ashamed when this is the result of their influence on students.

`....Make it a cop free zone....outlaw it for cops to enter or respond to calls. And then put cameras up all over the place so we could stand back and watch the mayhem ensue from a safe viewing area.
....I think that would just be a fantastic social experiment for the left to conduct. Get it it's own Youtube channel.....

LongTermGuy
03-20-2015, 04:51 PM
***Assata Shakur is a scumbag cop killer.

`She is a coward who pumped rounds into the head of NJ State Trooper Werner Foester as he lay helpless from the wounds he received in the gun fight.`

*She can rot in hell.

jimnyc
03-22-2015, 07:15 AM
WAIT just a minute...

University of California - Berkeley...

Sounds so, so, so familiar? I think I know someone who went there.

Gabby!!! :coffee:

Jeff
03-22-2015, 07:33 AM
WAIT just a minute...

University of California - Berkeley...

Sounds so, so, so familiar? I think I know someone who went there.

Gabby!!! :coffee:

Liberal Heaven