PDA

View Full Version : Not that anyone cares here, but...

aboutime
03-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Today, My wife and I celebrated our 46th Wedding Anniversary.

First day of Spring in 1969 was a Friday.

Note: Our SIX grandchildren were on hand to smile, and share their Love.

Perianne
03-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Congratulations!

FWIW, I care.

LongTermGuy
03-21-2015, 08:15 PM
`.....​well....congratulations friend!...that is very special....

NightTrain
03-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Wow, congrats!

My first marriage failed after 10 years, my hat is off to the both of you.

Bilgerat
03-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Congratulations!

Kathianne
03-21-2015, 09:15 PM
That's so cool! I'm with Rick, went all of 14 years and then kaput. It's not easy, but worth everyone of those 46 years, I'm sure! Congratulations!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Big congrats to you and your sweet wife my friend. That is a wonderful accomplishment!
My first two marriages went bad but I am now into my third marriage, ten years and running very strong!
I pray for 36 more years!! ---Tyr

SassyLady
03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Congrats!!!

Awesome work to have survived all the ups and downs of marriage for 46 years. My hat's off to you two.

revelarts
03-21-2015, 09:40 PM
congradulations AT. to 46 more

aboutime
03-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Big congrats to you and your sweet wife my friend. That is a wonderful accomplishment!
My first two marriages went bad but I am now into my third marriage, ten years and running very strong!
I pray for 36 more years!! ---Tyr

Thanks Tyr. She keeps reminding me I am UNABLE to take care of any trade-in's, like TWO 23 year olds for her 46????:laugh:

Had a terrific day. Four more till the GOLDEN celebration. (I hope!)

jimnyc
03-22-2015, 07:03 AM
46 years is a long time. It's awesome to see you so happy about it, and always with your grandchildren too! Congrats man, you've done well!!!

indago
03-22-2015, 07:08 AM
It really takes commitment...

Jeff
03-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Congrats to the both of you my friend !!!! :thumb:

Most dream that they can have a best friend like that for so many years, that is really something to celebrate !!!

So tell us AT how did y'all celebrate such a fantastic accomplishment ? I know having the Grand kids around is special but did y'all do anything just for the two of ya ?

tailfins
03-22-2015, 09:44 AM

Note: Our SIX grandchildren were on hand to smile, and share their Love.

Does she still have her original iron skillet or did it break already from hitting you in the head with it so many needed times?

PixieStix
03-22-2015, 10:07 AM
That is very nice. Happy Anniversary :clap:

Drummond
03-22-2015, 12:54 PM

Note: Our SIX grandchildren were on hand to smile, and share their Love.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats, Aboutime ... and wishing you many more.

My best to you & yours !

Abbey Marie
03-22-2015, 01:21 PM
http://i.embpersons.com/cute/org/14627970f16d.png

Trigg
03-22-2015, 03:58 PM
congrats!!!!!! :clap:

Nuke and I just celebrated 26yrs this week as well.

aboutime
03-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Congrats to the both of you my friend !!!! :thumb:

Most dream that they can have a best friend like that for so many years, that is really something to celebrate !!!

So tell us AT how did y'all celebrate such a fantastic accomplishment ? I know having the Grand kids around is special but did y'all do anything just for the two of ya ?

I consider myself one of the lucky few to have her as my best friend for this long. She's really a special lady to have stuck with me, and taking care of our two son's while I was deployed, and away from home, for more Anniversaries than I can remember. Our secret is...We agreed long ago...to NOT keep secrets from each other, and if we had anything to complain about...we didn't wait for the right time to complain. Holding everything back is dangerous. And then, comes the Money. Money is what we have watched many of our friends get in trouble over. It's the primary cause of Breakups, and Divorces...not to mention how it could always hurt the children involved. So..after learning how too many credit cards can destroy you pretty quickly. We had 12 back in the 70's, and some of them didn't get paid off until the early 90's. But...that no longer bothers us. If we can't afford something, and we don't have the money....we don't get it.

As for just the two of us yesterday. After the kiddies all went home. We enjoyed a Home Cooked meal. My lady is a great cook, and she loves to do it. It was only our 46th. So...no big deal.:laugh:
We're looking forward to making sure I DON'T KICK THE BUCKET before our 50th in four years.
Hopefully....We will finally get a REAL VACATION after what will be 25 years of day to day, week to week, and year after year...YOU KNOW????:laugh:
Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes. And to those who don't quite enjoy my presence her. I didn't expect any different. So, if I'm lucky. I'll be here in four years...still reminding you to tell the truth.:laugh:

Perianne
03-22-2015, 05:01 PM
aboutime, I really admire you.

aboutime
03-22-2015, 05:52 PM
aboutime, I really admire you.

Thank you, so much. I am really..for some strange reason, at a loss for words. I honestly feel really good after reading your words here. :) So kind of you too!

revelarts
03-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Does she still have her original iron skillet or did it break already from hitting you in the head with it so many needed times?

i suspect embedded... and unremoved.
better reception for navy radio work.:poke:

aboutime
03-22-2015, 08:10 PM
i suspect embedded... and unremoved.
better reception for navy radio work.:poke:

Actually, since both of you are pretending to be human. My wife uses the skillet to scrape the rev, and tailfin, built up grease from the garbage disposal, daily:poke:.
POKE THAT!:poke:

03-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Happy anniversary