PDA

View Full Version : Confederate flag license plate battle reaches U.S. Supreme Court

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2015, 12:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/confederate-flag-license-plate-battle-reaches-u-supreme-130357518.html

Confederate flag license plate battle reaches U.S. Supreme Court

Reuters
By Lawrence Hurley
4 hours ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday takes up a free speech case on whether Texas was wrong in rejecting a specialty vehicle license plate displaying the Confederate flag - to some an emblem of Southern pride and to others a symbol of racism.

The nine justices will hear a one-hour oral argument in a case that raises the issue of how states can allow or reject politically divisive messages on license plates without violating free speech rights. States can generate revenue by allowing outside groups to propose specialty license plates that people then pay a fee to put on their vehicle.

Freedom of Speech says Texas is wrong in denying.. Texas officials are dead wrong in denying.
A lot has changed since the days of the Alamo and not for the good methinks...
FFing liberals infect every damn place they move to..--Tyr

Perianne
03-22-2015, 01:45 PM
I would put one on my car if they had them in Kentucky. I wish the north had lost.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2015, 02:08 PM
I would put one on my car if they had them in Kentucky. I wish the north had lost.

Slavery was on its way out due to invention and industrialization.. Had the North lost the South would be a far different place today. So would the world for we'd be two separate nations and past world events(ww1 and ww2 ) may have had far different endings.
Yet due to strong bible influences here in the South I think we'd be far
better off than we are now. Central government regulations/meddling in teaching has damaged the entire nation--but the South most of all.-Tyr

aboutime
03-22-2015, 08:06 PM

Perianne. Believe it or not. As a retired Veteran. If we had any Confederate Flag insignia on our vehicles here. We'd be asked to remove them before going on Base. Not to mention how having such a sticker could become dangerous to our health; considering where we now live. Though we are in a highly populated Military area. There are fringe groups who would consider such bumper stickers, or even flags as FIGHTIN' WORDS! No joke.

How sad it is for all of us. We live in the greatest, richest nation on Earth IMO, but we have to live in fear of being attacked for how we think, speak, or believe???

And people like Obama insist this nation has improved concerning Race since he took office???

What a country?

Jeff
03-23-2015, 05:46 AM

Move to GA we can still get them, actually it is a Sons of the Confederate plate, but it proudly displays the flag.