PDA

View Full Version : Cruz Launches Campaign at World's Largest Christian College

jimnyc
03-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Sen. Ted Cruz showed he was a candidate in a hurry early Monday morning, announcing his presidential candidacy on Twitter just after midnight, several hours before the official launch at the college founded by the late Rev. Jerry Falwell Monday morning.

The Texas Republican's choice of Liberty University for Monday's speech indicates he plans an aggressive courtship of cultural conservatives and young voters.

Cruz became the first high-profile Republican to officially enter the 2016 contest even though, like others, he has been campaigning in all but name for many months. Ahead of his speech, Cruz turned to social media and tweeted: "I'm running for president and I hope to earn your support!"

In a flashy video that accompanied it, Cruz offered a preview of his nascent campaign's message.

"I believe in America and her people, and I believe we can stand up and restore our promise," Cruz said in the web video as images of farm fields, city skylines and American landmarks and symbols played in the background. "It's going to take a new generation of courageous conservatives to help make America great again, and I'm ready to stand with you to lead the fight."

Cruz's decision to launch at Liberty University, a familiar stop for presidential hopefuls that calls itself the world's largest Christian college, is meant as a marker against potential rivals who are counting on Christian conservatives to fuel their ambitions.

Cruz is not expected to be the sole contender for long. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and two Senate colleagues, Kentucky's Rand Paul and Florida's Marco Rubio, are eyeing campaign announcements soon.

Rest, and video - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cruz-running-for-president/2015/03/23/id/631826/

LongTermGuy
03-23-2015, 07:03 AM
*Ted Cruz and Scott Walker.... works for me....either way

http://www.gq.com/images/news-and-politics/2015/scott-walker-ted-cruz-iowa-freedom-summit-politics.jpg

jackdcuna
03-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Cruz isn't stupid; he's a brilliant, evil huckster (a truly brilliant fella, if looking to his academic record), playing to and toying with those who are stupid.

03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
I like Cruz. I'm keeping an eye on him.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-28-2015, 10:21 PM
*Ted Cruz and Scott Walker.... works for me....either way

http://www.gq.com/images/news-and-politics/2015/scott-walker-ted-cruz-iowa-freedom-summit-politics.jpg

You beat me to it!!!
That would be a heavenly match up my friend... --Tyr

gabosaurus
03-28-2015, 11:10 PM
That would be a heavenly match up my friend... --Tyr

A "heavenly match" that would win about 20 percent of the popular vote. :cool:
You seem to forget that the majority of the country is not as far right as you are. If the GOP fails to nominate a candidate that can appeal to young people, women and minorities, they are doomed to another embarrassing defeat.
If the election becomes too contentious, there were will a lot of straight ticket voting. The upcoming Senate elections include many states that are middle ground or Dem leaning.
Also consider how many Supreme Court justices that could retire over the next 4 or 8 years. Enough to create a very liberal panel.
Envision the United States becoming more like California. :salute:

Jeff
03-29-2015, 05:21 AM
You seem to forget that the majority of the country is not as far right as you are. If the GOP fails to nominate a candidate that can appeal to young people, women and minorities, they are doomed to another embarrassing defeat.
If the election becomes too contentious, there were will a lot of straight ticket voting. The upcoming Senate elections include many states that are middle ground or Dem leaning.
Also consider how many Supreme Court justices that could retire over the next 4 or 8 years. Enough to create a very liberal panel.

What you are really saying is we will have 4 more years just like the last 8. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-29-2015, 09:23 AM

You said that when Obama got elected. How did your thought process work out when the people finally saw things, and got to vote in congress members? You're off base, and the elections since then show that. It's like you saying the Dodgers suck while they are on a winning streak. But I'm glad you're upbeat, after your president is a laughing stock, as are the dem congress members. :2up:

gabosaurus
03-29-2015, 11:03 AM
But I'm glad you're upbeat, after your president is a laughing stock, as are the dem congress members.

Republicans certainly know what that feeling is like. :cool:

gabosaurus
04-01-2015, 08:19 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8471903232/hB3816FDC/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
They always are early to attack the ones they fear the most.
Cruz scares the living hell out of them as he is a member of a blessed minority that
stands directly in opposition to their liberal idiocy.
And how dare he believe in the Constitution and this nation as it was founded!--Tyr

LongTermGuy
04-01-2015, 09:02 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8471903232/hB3816FDC/

:rolleyes:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a0/6c/17/a06c17484aeb858e5bc375031c453d2b.jpg