PDA

View Full Version : Manfrommaine

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Was banned for 2 days. When Darin asked him to please stop with the ad hominem attacks, this was his reply:

you could start by showing the peer reviewed research that shows homosexuality as a treatable "mental illness"

If you have such enmperical research, please, by all means present it...if not...shut your fucking pie hole, you homophobic bigot!

Then was kind enough to send this email to me:

you all need to get over yourselves...

It would appear that all you really want is a conservative mutual masturbation society. If that is indeed the case, please just let me know so that I can go elsewhere

His ban had nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with lashing back at the admin of this board who asked him to cool his jets. Now this is the second time he emailed me with similar comments.

Grumplestillskin
01-27-2007, 05:46 AM
Totally disagree Jim (but then, I would...:p )

He called Darin a bigot (and going by his posts, Darin definitely fits the bill).

Darin then mentioned a stick and MFM's arse, which is a total escalation and unbecoming of a mod, let alone an admin. MFM responded in kind.

He is right re mutual masterbation of course - there is definitely one rule for conservatives and another for liberals on this board. Is that a bad thing? Yes in that it should be spelt out at the beginning - ie: if you are a liberal and flame, we will ban you; if you are conservative and flame, not only will we not ban you, you have the opportunity to be a mod or admin. That way at least we know where we stand. Also, yes at being a bad thing, in that the board will die.

If you are sincere about jets being cooled, Darin, Mike, and to a lesser degree Pale, would also be on a time out. They are not...:beer:

stephanie
01-27-2007, 05:58 AM
I disagree with the banning of the whinny little bitch Main or whatever it calls itself......

We are thicker skinned than that???;)

Plus we're going to be inundated again about the poor wittle baby being bannnnnnnnnnned......:laugh:

Roomy
01-27-2007, 06:04 AM
manfrommaines comments were in keeping with the general tone of the discussion, once again a bad call in my opinion.

Grumplestillskin
01-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Maybe widdle Stephie should be banned. Wonder if IT would whine! Surely not! :lmao: :lol: :dev: :2up:

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Totally disagree Jim (but then, I would...:p )

Not much of a surprise! :laugh:

He called Darin a bigot (and going by his posts, Darin definitely fits the bill).If detesting homosexuality makes you a bigot, then I am as well, and I would have banned him for speaking in that manner as well. Calling someone a bigot is acceptable, telling the admin of the board to shut his fucking piehole is a whole different story.

Darin then mentioned a stick and MFM's arse, which is a total escalation and unbecoming of a mod, let alone an admin. MFM responded in kind.Making a comical analogy, and telling someone to shut the fuck up are 2 different things.

He is right re mutual masterbation of course - there is definitely one rule for conservatives and another for liberals on this board. Is that a bad thing? Yes in that it should be spelt out at the beginning - ie: if you are a liberal and flame, we will ban you; if you are conservative and flame, not only will we not ban you, you have the opportunity to be a mod or admin. That way at least we know where we stand. Also, yes at being a bad thing, in that the board will die.WHOA! Now you're jumping on me, and that's not cool, and it couldn't be farther from the truth! You show me a conservative telling one of my staff to shut their fucking pieholes and I'll show you a conservative member being banned. YOU were asked to be a mod, are you not an admitted liberal? I sit back and make decisions fairly, and am happy to reverse decisions if I feel they are wrong. In this instance he stepped over the line, and his SECOND email to me in such a manner was inappropriate, especially since this was pointed out to him once already.

If you are sincere about jets being cooled, Darin, Mike, and to a lesser degree Pale, would also be on a time out. They are not...:beer:Look, having heated debates is fine. But there is a difference between blowing a gasket about the subject at hand, and making direct personal attacks, especially after a warning.

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 06:11 AM
I disagree with the banning of the whinny little bitch Main or whatever it calls itself......

We are thicker skinned than that???;)

Plus we're going to be inundated again about the poor wittle baby being bannnnnnnnnnned......:laugh:

And if we allow attacks on mods/admins, would that not be inviting a bit of a free for all on the board?

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 06:12 AM
manfrommaines comments were in keeping with the general tone of the discussion, once again a bad call in my opinion.

Can you please show me in that discussion where telling an admin to shut the fuck up is the general tone, besided MFM's comment?

Grumplestillskin
01-27-2007, 06:21 AM
If detesting homosexuality makes you a bigot, then I am as well, and I would have banned him for speaking in that manner as well.

Absolutely you're a bigot. I have seen your posts. As am I (can't stand the French in any way, shape or form (shrug) - just the way I am!) :eek:

telling the admin of the board to shut his fucking piehole is a whole different story.

I agree. As is a stick and an arse....

Calling someone a bigot is acceptable, telling the admin of the board to shut his fucking piehole is a whole different story. Making a comical analogy, and telling someone to shut the fuck up are 2 different things.

Ah, you see, this is where the problems start. You and Darin are pals, which is cool. However, you took his post as a "comical analogy". If Jill or Bully or Dirt had said such a thing, so would I. If OCA, Darin or Pale had, I wouldn't. Why would MFM take something Darin said to him as a comical analogy? He wouldn't. Why? Because he think Darin is a tosser (as do I). It's all about the eye of the beholder....

You show me a conservative telling one of my staff to shut their fucking pieholes and I'll show you a conservative member being banned.

You show me a liberal telling a conservative or admin a stick and arse analogy and I'll show you somebody getting banned...:wink2:

I sit back and make decisions fairly, and am happy to reverse decisions if I feel they are wrong.

Absolutely! And I thank god for that (do you know how hard it is for a liberal atheist to say that!!)

In this instance he stepped over the line, and his SECOND email to me in such a manner was inappropriate, especially since this was pointed out to him once already.

Aye, and that may be the crux! But, I do get his POV!

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Aye, and that may be the crux! But, I do get his POV!

I get his POV too, and he's entitled to it as much as any conservative on this board, there are just better ways to approach it. Do you think a normal/kind email to me would have brought on different results? What if he had replied to Darin, told him he was the one with the bigoted stick up HIS ass, and continued with the discussion? Had he been banned for that, I would have reversed it. He seems to thrive a bit on confrontation and refuses to step back a little from authority.

Let's all move on now. I wanted to post this so others were aware of what transpired, my thoughts on the process, and where we are. If anyone has anything to add, shoot me a PM. I am constantly working on ways to better the board, especially in moderation aspects.

Thanks!