PDA

View Full Version : New phone

Jeff
04-05-2015, 03:22 PM
OK so last Thursday I get a text on my Verizon phone telling me I may be eligible for a new plan and a upgraded phone, see I was with Sprint for ever and as the smart phones came out their prices went through the roof. So a friend told me about this pre paid plan that cost 45 bucks a month and that is it, the phone isn't the best but it did do basically everything my Galaxy 4 ( at the time did ) just not as fast and the phone was a lot smaller making it hard to see. Well Back to the text, so I figured heck I will give them a call, so I call and the guy is like half heartily telling me that I may not have to put a deposit down or it may be reduced ( and I am thinking a 10 dollar deposit isn't going to get it :laugh: ) apparently I guess when you use the prepaid program they figure it is because you can't get a regular plan, well he did what he had to and came back telling me that " I have good news, you are eligible for a post paid plan and a brand new phone plus they wave the connection fee, he then told me I could get a Droid Razor Maxx. So as we spoke I pulled it up and it looked halfway decent but I told him I would really like the Galaxy 5 or better yet how long until the 6 comes out ( yes I had seen that when looking up the Droid that the 6 is alomsot ready and that they are taking orders ) well he explained the phone he offered was the only one on promotion but he could get me the 5 for a 149 bucks and the 6 would be very expensive ( and he also told me that the phone he was offering operated much like the 4 I had( but was basically a upgrade from it ) he then explained that the cheapest plan would be 60 bucks but that only came with one GB of data ( I had that on the prepaid but with this better phone I figure I will use the net more and I remember Jim telling me to get at least 2 on the prepaid and all would be good ) so I upgraded and the plan and it is going to be 70 bucks, more than the preplanned but half the cost Sprint wanted. Well he told me my Phone would either be here tomorrow ( Friday, which I doubted because it was already like 4:30 pm ) so I figured I would get it maybe Tuesday but figured it would more than likely roll in around Wednesday ( they had told me they where putting it in the US postal service ) so I told the guy my prepay plan got paid Friday morning ( they take it out of my account ) and he told me let them take it they would credit my account, and when I get my new phone cut the old one off and power up the new one and everything will automatically change over ( sounded simple enough ) but I also needed to call him as soon as I did this.

Friday morning rolls around and I get a text telling me thank you for being a customer and that they appreciate my business and have taken the 45 out, cool just like always, so I immediately go to call the wife ( I am talking I looked at the text from Verizon and hit the phone Icon to call ) so I hit the quick dial for the ole lady and low and behold I hear, WELCOME TO VERIZON :laugh: they took my prepaid money and at the same time cut my phone off :laugh: so of course I called them and that is where the fun began, seems you can't have 2 phones with only one number, and as of them shipping the new phone I now have 2 phones :laugh: I explained no I have one, and I also told them what the first guy had told me and that was where the run around began, a hour later and after talking to 15 different people ( that I couldn't understand, yea they would go through their little spiel and then ask me if I needed anything else, I would explain how I am in America so could I please have someone that spoke English :laugh: ) but I never even raised my voice much less threaten anyone or cuss anyone ( yea all things that would really help ;) but honestly that is usually how my calls go, yes the wife makes all of the calls now ) but I kept calm and cool as they played games sending me from the pre paid department to the post for like what seemed days ( it was actually a bit over a hour ) and then I got a real nice woman at the post pay department that listened to my story, she explained to me that basically her department and the pre pay department are no different than if I called her and then called sprint, they are two complete different companies, and she also explained that they would not be adjusting my bill with the 45 I had just paid because they are 2 different companies but offered to stay on the line to help me as she called the pre pay department back. The first person that answered I would of sworn worked for ISIS ( and yes I explained the lack of understanding to the post pay plan woman ) so as I started to explain to this new person that I couldn't understand my new friend said hang on Jeff let me take the lead :laugh: and she was great, yes she had to do all the excuse me stuff and come again but all I had to do was listen and laugh, so again they switched me from one nit wit to another ( with my new friend doing all the talking for me ) and when we finally after another hour got sent back to the hello and welcome to Verizon main line, she laughed and said my Goodness she had no idea what the customers had to go through :laugh: So she is going to get in touch with the financial office ( which she told me would take a couple of days even for her to get through to ) but she has promised to call me by Wednesday to let me know she had my account credited :laugh: she took down the cell number and the house number and promised :laugh: heck she gave me her extension and supposedly her cell number just in case.

So after all this I have no phone until the new one gets here, Fed ex ( yup not the postal service ) is bringing it and the tracking system was saying approximate time was 8 pm Monday and now it just says before 8 pm Monday so we will see. But on a good note a friend of mine stopped by and said hey man I called you and it said your voice mail hasn't been set up yet ( he wondered what had happen to it ) and I explained the deal to him and then we realized that the phone is in a box in a Fed Ex truck and ringing away :laugh: Now I have to hope the driver doesn't get Poed and smash it :laugh: Man ya have to love technology.

jimnyc
04-05-2015, 05:04 PM
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOPBP9vuZA