PDA

View Full Version : Payback

Perianne
04-06-2015, 12:07 PM
I hope they sue the leftist rag to the point of bankruptcy. The left has to be stopped.

The Phi Kappa Psi fraternity at the University of Virginia said Monday that it is moving forward with a possible lawsuit against Rolling Stone magazine in the wake of the now-retracted "Rape on Campus" article. "After 130 days of living under a cloud of suspicion as a result of reckless reporting by Rolling Stone magazine, today the Virginia Alpha Chapter of Phi Kappa Psi announced plans to pursue all available legal action against the magazine," the fraternity said in a statement.

A spokesman for the fraternity said there has not yet been a formal decision about when a lawsuit will be filed.

The announcement came one day after the magazine published a damning external review of the editorial processes that resulted in the article's publication. The article had alleged that a freshman student named Jackie had been violently gang-raped during a Phi Kappa Psi frat party in September 2012.

But soon after the article was printed last November, contradictions and discrepancies in Jackie's account emerged. The frat came out and denied that a party even took place on the night of the alleged attack.

In December, the magazine apologized for the article and asked Columbia University's journalism school to review what went wrong.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/06/media/phi-kappa-psi-rolling-stone-legal-action/index.html

darin
04-06-2015, 12:41 PM
If the lawsuit money does not go directly to the kids invovled (read: if the frat or the university keeps it) I'd be pretty angry. For whatever good that'd do. But I suspect any damages will remain within the wallets of those who really weren't harmed.

aboutime
04-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Rolling Stone has nothing to worry about. They are, and have been the DNC's subculture, Talking Points manual for the anti-American liberal, Democrat sponge-minded, who have little, if any ability to actually THINK, or FEEL on their own. The DNC will probably just shift Obama/Hillary/Holder/Pelosi/Reid defense funding from the Washington Deposit box...guarded by Congressman Johnson of GUAM tipping fame.

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Well, well, well.

Read the whole thing:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/08/how-deep-is-this-education-officials-involvement-in-the-rolling-stone-hoax/

How Deep Is This Education Official’s Involvement In The Rolling Stone Hoax?

9:46 PM 04/08/2015

A top-ranking official at the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has emerged as a potentially key figure in Rolling Stone’s false article, “A Rape on Campus.”

Catherine Lhamon, who heads the Department’s civil rights wing, was identified in a letter sent last month by University of Virginia Dean of Students Allen Groves (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UAuEqoequKWEMyV1JlUFRqdjA/view) to Steve Coll and Sheila Coronel, the two Columbia Journalism School deans who conducted a review of the Nov. 19 article (http://article3.cjr.org/investigation/rolling_stone_investigation.php), written by disgraced reporter Sabrina Rubin Erdely.

Groves’ letter was included as a footnote to the Columbia deans’ report, which was released on Sunday and cataloged the failures and lies that led to the article’s publication.

In the letter, Groves wrote that he has suffered “personal and professional” damage as a result of Erdely’s reporting and comments Lhamon made about him which were included in the article.

As the Rolling Stone article fell apart, Lhamon’s involvement has gone virtually unmentioned. But a deeper look reveals her ties to Emily Renda, a University of Virginia employee and activist who put Erdely in touch with Jackie, the student whose claim that she was brutally gang-raped by seven members of a fraternity on Sept. 28, 2014, served as the linchpin for the 9,000-word Rolling Stone article.

04-09-2015, 01:34 AM
Why do people get news from a rock magazine anyway?

Kathianne
04-09-2015, 07:22 AM

I agree with you there, the thing is RS, like Playboy, had a reputation for articles that were newsworthy and well written. Unlike major newsoutlets in their day, RS and PB would often devote months or even more than a year to one article.

Bilgerat
04-09-2015, 07:52 AM
https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11130092_1041348289258633_8214370639372824476_n.jp g?oh=a9c881f092c486001d73e278422edfce&oe=55AA9BD9

LongTermGuy
04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11130092_1041348289258633_8214370639372824476_n.jp g?oh=a9c881f092c486001d73e278422edfce&oe=55AA9BD9

:) :clap::clap::clap:

aboutime
04-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Well, well, well.

Read the whole thing:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/08/how-deep-is-this-education-officials-involvement-in-the-rolling-stone-hoax/

Kathianne. Bottom line for nearly Everything that takes place anywhere in this nation today...BEGINS at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, D.C. and the Occupant who has all of his fellow America haters surrounding him.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Rolling Stone has nothing to worry about. They are, and have been the DNC's subculture, Talking Points manual for the anti-American liberal, Democrat sponge-minded, who have little, if any ability to actually THINK, or FEEL on their own. The DNC will probably just shift Obama/Hillary/Holder/Pelosi/Reid defense funding from the Washington Deposit box...guarded by Congressman Johnson of GUAM tipping fame.

They weren't back in the day. Meaning the 70s. They were cutting edge. However, any journalist not verifying his source and his comments is an idiot. Whoever the editor of that mag is now needs a good dose of getting fired.

Who the Hell is this Johnson you keep mentioning?

Perianne
04-09-2015, 04:46 PM
They weren't back in the day. Meaning the 70s. They were cutting edge. However, any journalist not verifying his source and his comments is an idiot. Whoever the editor of that mag is now needs a good dose of getting fired.

Who the Hell is this Johnson you keep mentioning?

Hank Johnson, D-Georgia. Pick it up at 1:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Gunny
04-09-2015, 04:52 PM

Do I REALLY want to watch this?:laugh:

Perianne
04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Do I REALLY want to watch this?:laugh:

It's funny. Just start at 1:15 and watch for 15-20 seconds.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM
It's funny. Just start at 1:15 and watch for 15-20 seconds.

You mean he's dumber'n a red brick? My 3 years old granddaughter speaks English better than that.

Perianne
04-09-2015, 05:33 PM
You mean he's dumber'n a red brick? My 3 years old granddaughter speaks English better than that.

I've seen a picture of that little girl. A sweetie she is!!!

Gunny
04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
I've seen a picture of that little girl. A sweetie she is!!!

Until you don't put on Yo Gabba Gabba. :laugh:

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2015, 01:41 PM
I am utterly saddened at the revelation that this story was faked. Not that I have any stake in RS's credibility. My issue is that the real problem of unwelcome sexual contact on campuses gets shoved out of the public awareness. Yes this story is a fake. But there are also many other rapes and assaults happening that are very real. What happens to the young woman who sees this and tries to decide whether to seek help? Even if she does decide to report an incident, it may be less likely to be believed. The problem is already underreported. Is anything going to change if the problem keeps getting dismissed as being media hype? Colleges have a stake in keeping allegations under wraps. I am glad I don't have a daughter of college age. I wouldn't know what to tell her about her safety in the modern academic environment.

tailfins
04-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I am utterly saddened at the revelation that this story was faked. Not that I have any stake in RS's credibility. My issue is that the real problem of unwelcome sexual contact on campuses gets shoved out of the public awareness. Yes this story is a fake. But there are also many other rapes and assaults happening that are very real. What happens to the young woman who sees this and tries to decide whether to seek help? Even if she does decide to report an incident, it may be less likely to be believed. The problem is already underreported. Is anything going to change if the problem keeps getting dismissed as being media hype? Colleges have a stake in keeping allegations under wraps. I am glad I don't have a daughter of college age. I wouldn't know what to tell her about her safety in the modern academic environment.

It's OK that the story was fake, RS was just being socially responsible for raising awareness for an important issue. DA Nifong should also be lauded for having the guts to aggressively pursue rape suspects. After all, what matters isn't the nature of the evidence, but the seriousness of the charge. Who cares if some innocent men spend time in prison, they don't matter, especially when compared to the importance of the pursuit of social justice?

LongTermGuy
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM

`I am ***HAPPY*** the truth came out....it is what it is....tell the Truth to begin with and we would not have to worry about these "disappointing" stories....Rape is rape the public is well aware of it...and well aware of lies and deceit....

*****"Folks" why does it `seem` the left so disappointed in this story....hmmmmmmm??????

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2015, 02:37 PM
`I am ***HAPPY*** the truth came out....it is what it is....tell the Truth to begin with and we would not have to worry about these "disappointing" stories....Rape is rape the public is well aware of it...and well aware of lies and deceit....

*****"Folks" why does it `seem` the left so disappointed in this story....hmmmmmmm??????

I think you mistake my focus. While I am happy the deceit was revealed, I am still bothered by the impact this could have on real cases. I am sure RS could have done an equally impactful piece by telling the truth about some of the real cases that have occurred. I also totally believe that any woman who makes a false report of a rape or assault is a betraying her sisters. And any man who has been the victim of such a false accusation is as much a victim since his good character has been assaulted.

LongTermGuy
04-10-2015, 02:44 PM
I think you mistake my focus. While I am happy the deceit was revealed, I am still bothered by the impact this could have on real cases. I am sure RS could have done an equally impactful piece by telling the truth about some of the real cases that have occurred. I also totally believe that any woman who makes a false report of a rape or assault is a betraying her sisters. And any man who has been the victim of such a false accusation is as much a victim since his good character has been assaulted.

~ "While I am happy the deceit was revealed"~

​`I am happy ^you^ are happy.... :)

"Impact on other cases"?? There will be no Impact...most people are adults and would rather have the truth come out and move on with their lives...and don't need the "government" pushed by Liberal ideology to guide them and hold their hand....and told what is right and what is not...and how they should do things...

tailfins
04-10-2015, 02:54 PM

"Impact on other cases"?? There will be no Impact...most people are adults and would rather have the truth come out and move on with their lives...and don't need the "government" pushed by Liberal ideology to guide them and hold their hand....and told what is right and what is not...and how they should do things...

The way universities are going, there won't be any men around to worry about. Check enrollment statistics and you'll see what I mean. The men that do enroll will learn not to interact with females on campus. Technical certifications from home and online learning look better and better.

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2015, 02:58 PM

Agreed truth is better. No doubt about that. However, once a deception such as this comes to light, the inevitable question is raised whether we can trust a given report of an assault since it is largely going to rely on one person's word against another and in the case of a "date rape" there may be minimal to no physical evidence. Our society has an unfortunate way of putting a rape victim in a position of defending her personal choices as it is. This farce of an article may indeed make matters worse.

fj1200
04-10-2015, 02:58 PM
I am glad I don't have a daughter of college age. I wouldn't know what to tell her about her safety in the modern academic environment.

You could potentially show her the actual statistics.

The 2007 survey, known as the Campus Sexual Assault Study (https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/221153.pdf) and funded by the Department of Justice, was conducted with samples from only two schools – both unnamed, public universities in the Midwest and the South – and based on a web survey that wooed respondents with $10 Amazon gift cards.
Days after the Slate story came out, data compounded by the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics from its National Crime Victimization Survey showed the rate of campus sexual assault to be much, much lower (http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf)– with only 0.6 percent of female college students reporting rape or sexual assault, compared to the 20 percent suggested by "1 in 5."
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/12/16/1-in-5-data-and-the-debate-about-campus-rape

Rate of rape and sexual assault victimization was1.2 times higher for nonstudents than studentsFor the period 1995–2013, females ages 18 to 24 not enrolledin a post-secondary school were 1.2 times more likely toexperience rape and sexual assault victimization (7.6 per1,000), compared to students in the same age range (6.1 per1,000) (table 1). Nonstudents (65,700) also accounted formore than double the number of rape and sexual assaultvictimizations as students (31,300).
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2015, 04:09 PM
You could potentially show her the actual statistics.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/12/16/1-in-5-data-and-the-debate-about-campus-rape

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

Interesting that you don't quote the statistic that is even more telling. "Rape and sexual assault victimizations of students (80%) were more likely than nonstudent victimizations (67%) to go unreported to police." (http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5176) I believe the reason for that is that many times an initial report is made to campus authorities first and either the report is buried or the reporter is convinced to withdraw the complaint.

fj1200
04-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Interesting that you don't quote the statistic that is even more telling. "Rape and sexual assault victimizations of students (80%) were more likely than nonstudent victimizations (67%) to go unreported to police." (http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5176) I believe the reason for that is that many times an initial report is made to campus authorities first and either the report is buried or the reporter is convinced to withdraw the complaint.

Not interesting, there are many parts I didn't quote. And what you say may be true but it does no good to overstate statistics (1 in 5) and to overstate her risk in the "modern academic environment" when there isn't really much that backs it up.

Jeff
04-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Until you don't put on Yo Gabba Gabba. :laugh:

So Gunny is now rocking to Yo Gabba Gabba :laugh:

It could be a lot worse brother, my kids where into this thing called Boom Bah, the entire show was these blobs bouncing around and ya heard Boom Ba, stupidest show I have ever seen but the kids loved it. In fact the last time ( I think it was anyway ) I spent Christmas up north with family we took the big truck up, I delivered a couple of towns away from my Moms house and then put the truck in a storage place until after the first. Well on the way up we had the sleeper filled with the wife and 2 boys , my dog Bubba and all the Christmas presents, around 3 am I was cutting across 78 in PA heading for the NJ line and the road is rather bumpy, man I heard this weird sound, I was steady checking the mirrors and gauges to see what was letting loose and then I realized the familiar sound was Boom BA :laugh: we had bought each kid a Boom Ba for Christmas and the bumpy road caused them to go off. :laugh: It wasn't 10 minutes later that the first boy (remember this is 2 or 3 in the morning) and the boys were like 2 and 3 at the time, opened the curtain to the sleeper and asked Daddy can I ride with ya, so I put him up on the passenger seat and taught him how to play with the air ride, it wasn't 10 mins later and the other boy popped his head out and asked the same question, so the three of us where trucking up across PA. Then they asked if they can drive so I took turns letting them sit in my lap and hold the wheel, they would stand up and pull the air horns and man that was one of the best nights I ever had on the road, heck even Bubba wound up coming to hang with us :laugh: Then I was playing with them and I would make the trailer wiggle ( I figured they would get a laugh out of it ) but it made the dam Boom Ba things go off, to this day when they want me to play with the truck ( usually on a dirt road ) they will sit in the back of my pick up and say Daddy do the Boom Ba deal, I think they where so excited about riding with me that night they never even thought about there being toys in the truck.

PixieStix
04-11-2015, 12:45 PM

The same reason they get it from Jon Stewart?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2015, 01:02 PM

Yes folks, that's one of the dems finest.. Worried about an island tipping over because too many people on one side of it!!!

THATS THE CALIBER OF PEOPLE THEY CHOSE-JUST LIKE THE IGNORANT VOTERS THEMSELVES..

Concerned that the island of Guam will capsize...- :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:.
Surely that man is now at the Whitehouse advising the Obama... -Tyr

LongTermGuy
04-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Yes folks, that's one of the dems finest.. Worried about an island tipping over because too many people on one side of it!!!

THATS THE CALIBER OF PEOPLE THEY CHOSE-JUST LIKE THE IGNORANT VOTERS THEMSELVES..-Tyr

Most of them are stupid sons-a-biatches...and try to make all think they have a working useful brain...

Gunny
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
So Gunny is now rocking to Yo Gabba Gabba :laugh:

It could be a lot worse brother, my kids where into this thing called Boom Bah, the entire show was these blobs bouncing around and ya heard Boom Ba, stupidest show I have ever seen but the kids loved it. In fact the last time ( I think it was anyway ) I spent Christmas up north with family we took the big truck up, I delivered a couple of towns away from my Moms house and then put the truck in a storage place until after the first. Well on the way up we had the sleeper filled with the wife and 2 boys , my dog Bubba and all the Christmas presents, around 3 am I was cutting across 78 in PA heading for the NJ line and the road is rather bumpy, man I heard this weird sound, I was steady checking the mirrors and gauges to see what was letting loose and then I realized the familiar sound was Boom BA :laugh: we had bought each kid a Boom Ba for Christmas and the bumpy road caused them to go off. :laugh: It wasn't 10 minutes later that the first boy (remember this is 2 or 3 in the morning) and the boys were like 2 and 3 at the time, opened the curtain to the sleeper and asked Daddy can I ride with ya, so I put him up on the passenger seat and taught him how to play with the air ride, it wasn't 10 mins later and the other boy popped his head out and asked the same question, so the three of us where trucking up across PA. Then they asked if they can drive so I took turns letting them sit in my lap and hold the wheel, they would stand up and pull the air horns and man that was one of the best nights I ever had on the road, heck even Bubba wound up coming to hang with us :laugh: Then I was playing with them and I would make the trailer wiggle ( I figured they would get a laugh out of it ) but it made the dam Boom Ba things go off, to this day when they want me to play with the truck ( usually on a dirt road ) they will sit in the back of my pick up and say Daddy do the Boom Ba deal, I think they where so excited about riding with me that night they never even thought about there being toys in the truck.

It can't be worse than Yo Gabba Gabba. Are you kidding me?:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Most of them are stupid sons-a-biatches...and try to make all think they have a working useful brain...

Same people that tell the nation what a genius the bamscum is!!!!
Maybe he is because at least he understands that islands don't capsize--"cause dey bez glued down" .. :laugh:--Tyr

Gunny
04-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Same people that tell the nation what a genius the bamscum is!!!!
Maybe he is because at least he understands that islands don't capsize--"cause dey bez glued down" .. :laugh:--Tyr

Okay. THAT is funny.:laugh:

aboutime
04-11-2015, 04:25 PM

THATS THE CALIBER OF PEOPLE THEY CHOSE-JUST LIKE THE IGNORANT VOTERS THEMSELVES..

Concerned that the island of Guam will capsize...- :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:.
Surely that man is now at the Whitehouse advising the Obama... -Tyr

How many times must we repeat this, and act like it hasn't been said before?

More proof for me. As to why I often try to use (a quote by aboutime).

sundaydriver
04-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Aside from sidestepping the process of journalism, what get's me the most is the Editor of RS stating that the rebuke from other news sources and public is punishment enough for the Writer and the article Editor that no other punishment is necessary. Wow, both should now be trying to get jobs on free at the markets small town weekly papers.