PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul

Gunny
04-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Has my vote. He sounds a lot like me. :)

Perianne
04-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Rand Paul is my Senator, but he concerns me. From his speech announcing his candidacy for President he said:

I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed.

If Obama had said that ^^^ we would obviously object.

In Rand Paul's interview with the New York Times:

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky broke Friday with fellow Republicans who have pushed for stricter voting laws as a way to crack down on fraud at the polls, saying that the focus on such measures alienates and insults African-Americans and hurts the party.

“Everybody’s gone completely crazy on this voter ID thing,” Mr. Paul said in an interview. “I think it’s wrong for Republicans to go too crazy on this issue because it’s offending people.”

Rand Paul has a lot of solid, libertarian beliefs. But like his dad, it's just those little things he says that concerns me. We all feel that Obama gave away (before he was elected) what kind of President he would be. I worry the same about Paul.

Gunny
04-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Rand Paul is my Senator, but he concerns me. From his speech announcing his candidacy for President he said:

If Obama had said that ^^^ we would obviously object.

In Rand Paul's interview with the New York Times:

Rand Paul has a lot of solid, libertarian beliefs. But like his dad, it's just those little things he says that concerns me. We all feel that Obama gave away (before he was elected) what kind of President he would be. I worry the same about Paul.

No, I don't think so. I object to Obama's ignoring the Constitution. He has flagrantly violated it at every turn, and he hates the US. He's done more to undermine this nation than Lincoln did.

Perianne
04-08-2015, 02:15 PM
No, I don't think so. I object to Obama's ignoring the Constitution. He has flagrantly violated it at every turn, and he hates the US. He's done more to undermine this nation than Lincoln did.

I am simply keeping my eyes open on Paul. Hopefully those are simply missteps in speeches.

Gunny
04-08-2015, 02:20 PM
I am simply keeping my eyes open on Paul. Hopefully those are simply missteps in speeches.

So am I. Thing is, he sounds better than anyone else so far. I'm waiting to see what Walker's got to say. Cruz is a GOP puppet. I'm sick of that. Hell, John McCain sounded better than Cruz.

The GOP needs to get a clue or we'll have Hillary.