04-07-2015, 06:21 PM
I prefer Michael Savage.

Who is your favorite?

tailfins
04-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Tie: Either Limbaugh or Levin

aboutime
04-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Rush! Haven't been listening faithfully since my wife retired, and is home between noon, and three most days.

She doesn't like his voice for whatever reason, but she does know...he's usually honest. And she likes that.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-07-2015, 08:28 PM
All those previously named and even Hannity sometimes.
Rush has guest hosts that I dearly love.

Perianne
04-07-2015, 08:35 PM
All those previously named and even Hannity sometimes.
Rush has guest hosts that I dearly love.

Tyr, I suspect you would like Michael Savage (if you don't listen to him). He has that anger that many conservatives feel about liberalism.

aboutime
04-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Tyr, I suspect you would like Michael Savage (if you don't listen to him). He has that anger that many conservatives feel about liberalism.

Perianne. Agreed about Savage. Every chance I get to hear only part of his program. I remind myself how he was BANNED from England. Which, should tell everyone how successful he, and Rush really are in making so many HATE them both.

The greatest punishment for the Obama Squads of Dumbed-down Democrats who end up in GITMO, would be playing RUSH and SAVAGE recordings 24/7 instead of music, on giant speakers that are LOCKED-UP from being turned off.:laugh:

Perianne
04-07-2015, 09:51 PM

Be sure you listen to MICHAEL Savage, and not Dan. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-07-2015, 10:49 PM
I listen to Savage but not as often as I once did, just too busy now.

Savage does represent a lot of anger and its directed at the right scum too. -Tyr

Drummond
04-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Since I'm from the UK, and in consideration of the fact that we don't have political media 'stars' as you do, on radio or TV (mostly everyone prefers to play at neutrality unless they actually ARE politicians ... and besides, bias is interwoven behind a mask of neutrality, BBC-style. If you want to look for Conservative pundits, newspaper columnists are your best bet ....) .. I think I'd have to pick Michael Portillo. Possibly, when we see her, Ann Widdecombe is a second best.

Portillo is an ex-Conservative Party Minister, now no longer active in the Party as such ... though he features regularly late at night on a political chat show hosted by Andrew Neil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Portillo

As for the US, I'm hardly an expert on American personalities. Still, I've seen some TV shows, heard various broadcasts. I enjoy Bill O'Reilly's ones ... is the O'Reilly Factor still on ? But I think my favourite for sheer Conservative commonsense is Sean Hannity. I still sometimes catch his affiliated broadcasts on radio ... I use WSB Atlanta for the purpose (always reliable, and high quality audio from that station) and listen to their stream on the Internet.

Does Laura Ingraham still do broadcasts ?

Drummond
04-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Perianne. Agreed about Savage. Every chance I get to hear only part of his program. I remind myself how he was BANNED from England. Which, should tell everyone how successful he, and Rush really are in making so many HATE them both.

And I believe he still is, Aboutime ... seen as an 'undesirable' personality. The British Establishment fears him for two reasons, I think ... he'd give us all something to think about, at minimum he'd shake things up a bit ... and also, the last thing the likes of the BBC or the Labour Party would ever want is home-grown equivalents to gain the smallest traction in our media.

We have no real equivalents to any of your people ... be it O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity. The media environment, by comparison, prefers the airwaves to put us to sleep, and keep us in that state. What few notable personalities we DO have don't compare (Jeremy Paxman DID, though he professed neutrality .. but he no longer hosts the BBC's 'Newsnight' programme) .. and are now relegated to writing newspaper columns, or sometimes doing radio chat shows (.. and the only really notable chat show host currently popular I can think of right now is James O'Brien, who is a LEFTIE, and broadcasts on LBC).

jimnyc
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
104.3 Classic rock, or if a commercial comes on, I switch to my CD player. Last time I listened to anyone on the radio was Opie & Anthony. :)

fj1200
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Medved now that Boortz is retired.

tailfins
04-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Be sure you listen to MICHAEL Savage, and not Dan. :)

Why do you suppose Mark Levin refers to him as "the weiner"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyX8IFcXU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVTWKYZokM

tailfins
04-08-2015, 09:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DiUy15MQRA

Drummond
04-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Why do you suppose Mark Levin refers to him as "the weiner"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyX8IFcXU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVTWKYZokM

... and yet ... the British authorities remain determined to keep Savage away from our shores ! If he's so flawed, so dismissable, so much of a nonentity, then why do they have any concerns about him ?

Perianne
04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
And Mark Levin is the one conservative I do not listen to. If I get in the car, and he is on, I change to another station.

Opinions vary. That is why there are so many talk shows.

NightTrain
04-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Levin and Savage have great ideas, but they're both too angry for me to listen to. I don't like being angry all the time since I'm a naturally upbeat and happy person.

Limbaugh is good.

But my favorite personalities are Bob & Mark - they do a morning show in Anchorage. Some of the shit they do on the air has made me slow down quite a few times because of how funny it was and I was afraid I was going to wreck.

fj1200
03-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Von Haessler Doctrine 9-12 (Neal Boortz old time slot) and Erick Erickson noon to 3 (Rush's old time slot). Your station and times may vary.

Gunny
03-09-2022, 09:58 AM
Von Haessler Doctrine 9-12 (Neal Boortz old time slot) and Erick Erickson noon to 3 (Rush's old time slot). Your station and times may vary.Close as I get to a radio personality is reading your posts :poke: