PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

WiccanLiberal
04-07-2015, 09:04 PM
How many here have collections? What do you collect? I have a collection of Lenox figurines V4R has given me. I also collect Tarot decks. I have always been fascinated by the way different artists interpret the images of the cards. I am an afficionado of the old pulp novels and have a newly restarted collection of Doc Savage novels. I unfortunately lost all my tarot decks but 2 and my entire COMPLETE collection of the Doc novels in hurricane Sandy. It has given me an excuse to go hunting to replace these 2 collections. The Lenox all survived thankfully. It was high up on my bookshelves and we gathered all of the figures up when we were able to go back in to get some things. What and why do you collect? Hope everyone is having a good week.

LongTermGuy
04-07-2015, 09:14 PM
`I like old coins and artifacts (old things)....they have stories to tell...I enjoy finding / attaining them and is very interesting to me...that makes me happy... :)

Kathianne
04-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Belleek I inherited from Mother's family and Precious Moments figurines my folks started giving me as a kid, then girlfriends, boyfriends, husband, kids...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-07-2015, 10:47 PM
How many here have collections? What do you collect? I have a collection of Lenox figurines V4R has given me. I also collect Tarot decks. I have always been fascinated by the way different artists interpret the images of the cards. I am an afficionado of the old pulp novels and have a newly restarted collection of Doc Savage novels. I unfortunately lost all my tarot decks but 2 and my entire COMPLETE collection of the Doc novels in hurricane Sandy. It has given me an excuse to go hunting to replace these 2 collections. The Lenox all survived thankfully. It was high up on my bookshelves and we gathered all of the figures up when we were able to go back in to get some things. What and why do you collect? Hope everyone is having a good week.

I have a gun collection, knife collection, book collection, chess sets collection, longbow collection
and collection of silver coins.. By far the largest(most beloved) is my book collection. Ive been at that for over 45 years.
I once tried to collect all the pretty gals when a young man but the troubles that brought would fill a book. -:laugh:--Tyr

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Tyr-I forgot the book collection! LOL! While I did whittle it down by 1 closet with move, it still fills a substantial portion of my god daughter's basement.

The remainder I've kept is mostly history, theology, and first edition literature.

Jeff
04-08-2015, 06:58 AM
I own 2 Harley Davidson's so I guess you could say I collect Harley parts, with all the upgrades and customizing I almost have enough old parts to build a third bike :laugh:

I also have a decent collection of guns, love to shoot as does my family, so yes we have a nice little collection of target guns. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Tyr-I forgot the book collection! LOL! While I did whittle it down by 1 closet with move, it still fills a substantial portion of my god daughter's basement.

The remainder I've kept is mostly history, theology, and first edition literature.

My book collection is about 85% first editions with about 10% of them signed by the author.
I have a book, title-The Siege of Port Arthur, signed by the defender(the author) and the attacker, with a note written about meeting in London decades later when the book was published. I also have a book written and signed by E.E. Spieght that every book search site and Library of Congress says does not exists! Its a book of poetry, written in 1926. 1 of 50 copies , which appears to be the author's own copy..
Also had but sold , F Scott Fitzgerald's only political based commentary book, Titled - The Vegetable-first edition copy, bought it for a dollar , sold it for 850, back in the late 80's.

The largest part of my collection deals with history too..
Careful if storing in a basement as moisture is a book killer.
Make sure its not a problem where you store your books. --Tyr

jimnyc
04-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Anything with the Steelers logo or name on it. Jerseys, helmets, figurines, hats, pajamas, watches, bracelets, necklaces, coins, towels, underwear, ties, socks, die cast vehicles, autographed photos and playing cards...

:gs:

PixieStix
04-08-2015, 11:40 AM
I collect clocks. If I like it, I want it. I don't seek them out, If, I happen across them at garage sales, or flea markets. I will buy them. I have no logical reason for collecting them other than, I wish we could turn back time about 8 years. :salute:

My most prized clock is a Howard Miller Grandfather clock. It is beautiful.

NightTrain
04-08-2015, 01:37 PM
I'd have to say snowmachines... I have 8 now, and not even ONE of them moved 1 inch this winter - we had no snow and warm weather.

However, my most impressive is my scar collection. Oh, my yes, I have scars all over my body from various misadventures over the course of 44 years.... most of them picked up before I was 20.

I'm still fairly surprised I survived my youth, no joke.

Gunny
04-08-2015, 02:03 PM

Old school GI Joes.

WiccanLiberal
04-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Old school GI Joes.
I also collect Barbie dolls. And I know why I do. My mom only ever let me have one at a time. But I only collect the ones I consider unusual. I have the Xfiles set, the Star Trek set, Morticia and Gomez Addams, Tippi Hedren from The Birds, and a whole slew of Harley Davidson Barbies.

Perianne
04-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I also collect Barbie dolls. And I know why I do. My mom only ever let me have one at a time. But I only collect the ones I consider unusual. I have the Xfiles set, the Star Trek set, Morticia and Gomez Addams, Tippi Hedren from The Birds, and a whole slew of Harley Davidson Barbies.

Do you have this one?

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8563/16727339282_46bc8c0e0b_o.jpg

LongTermGuy
04-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Do you have this one?

:clap::clap::clap::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeff
04-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Do you have this one?

Yes, that would be the lying, cheating lesbian Barbie. :laugh:

Gunny
04-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Do you have this one?

Who the f*ck would want THAT? :laugh:

aboutime
04-09-2015, 04:06 PM
:clap::clap::clap::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Add this one to the Obama doll, and you get TWO reasons to PUKE!

Gunny
04-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Add this one to the Obama doll, and you get TWO reasons to PUKE!

You mean the one where "I didn't serve" is dressed up as a SEAL?

Perianne
04-09-2015, 05:04 PM

Oh, come on Gunny. If you were drunk and she was begging...... :)

Gunny
04-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Oh, come on Gunny. If you were drunk and she was begging...... :)

I might be a dumbass where women are concerned, bit NEVER got THAT drunk.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2015, 05:13 PM

Pull the string, and it says, over and over in a parrot voice:

"Vast right-wing conspiracy".

Gunny
04-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Pull the string, and it says, over and over in a parrot voice:

"Vast right-wing conspiracy".

You can pull that string, ma'am. I'll pass, thanks. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM
I'll bet there's no stain on that blue pants suit.

(Did I just say that?!) :eek:

Gunny
04-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Well we can pretty much guess Bill didn't do it. He was "busy" elsewhere. :laugh:

aboutime
04-09-2015, 05:26 PM

Abbey?:laugh: I'm willing to bet you are correct. But, we can't forget "KNEE PADS" of re-enforced RWCP's. (better known as "RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY PATCHES"):dance:

Perianne
04-09-2015, 05:36 PM
You can pull that string, ma'am. I'll pass, thanks. :laugh:

But what if you were drunk? :) :)

indago
04-09-2015, 05:40 PM
I might be a dumbass where women are concerned, bit NEVER got THAT drunk.:laugh:

There's always the paper bag...

Gunny
04-09-2015, 06:04 PM
But what if you were drunk? :) :)

Oh I've been WAY more than drunk. And I STILL don't recognize fugly. ;)

WiccanLiberal
04-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Sorry, a Hillary doll is not on my wish list. I do have Margaret Hamilton as she appeared in the Wizard of Oz. Oh wait...she was a Witch, not a...oh you all get the point. Funny, I used to like Hillary a lot more but lately don't see her exhibiting much of the intelligence she used to be noted for.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Sorry, a Hillary doll is not on my wish list. I do have Margaret Hamilton as she appeared in the Wizard of Oz. Oh wait...she was a Witch, not a...oh you all get the point. Funny, I used to like Hillary a lot more but lately don't see her exhibiting much of the intelligence she used to be noted for.

She used to give me nightmares.:laugh:

Perianne
04-09-2015, 08:40 PM

I have no doubt she is intelligent. But also arrogant, so arrogant.

aboutime
04-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I have no doubt she is intelligent. But also arrogant, so arrogant.

Perianne. Same here. Remember how Intelligent everyone claimed Obama was?

Birds of a feather, feed on the same rotten arrogance as well.:laugh:

Jeff
04-12-2015, 06:31 AM
There's always the paper bag...

That wouldn't be OK even with a double bagger. :laugh: