PDA

View Full Version : Subjected to racism!

jimnyc
01-27-2007, 10:30 AM
So I moved back home last week, sort of. I've basically been living out of my truck (posessions) and needed to do laundry. I guess putting everything you own into one load isn't advisable, as I blew up the motor in the washer!

So off I went to the laundromat today to do my clothes, and my sons. Whaddya know, I forgot to bring detergent. As I'm loading the washers, I see a mexican/spanish (don't mean it to be offensive, just not sure!) guy getting assistance from the mexican/spanish worker. The machine that you buy the small boxes of detergent from was broken, and she had opened it for him to sell him one.

After I load my washers, I approach her and ask her politely if she could help me get some detergent. First she acted like she couldn't speak English (who knows, maybe she couldn't?) and just said "No, No". I picked up an empty box out of the garbage, pointed at it and pointed at the gentleman who just bought from her. Apparently not good enough, she waved her finger at me and said "No, No". I asked her if she spoke English and she just looked at me. I held up the universal language of currency, pointed at boxes, and she said "No, No".

I do believe she wouldn't help this fine young white man! I hate the laundromat, reminds me too much of DMV or the unemployment line.

Mr. P
01-27-2007, 10:51 AM
The laundromat is a slice of hell on earth. Worse than Wal-mart as far as the MORONS that inhabit them.:dev:

jillian
01-27-2007, 10:54 AM
You ever try getting served by the Russians in Brighton Beach when you don't speak Russian? :dev:

Mr. P
01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
You ever try getting served by the Russians in Brighton Beach when you don't speak Russian? :dev:

Depressing isn't it. This sort of thing right in the heart of the original melting pot.

jillian
01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Depressing isn't it. This sort of thing right in the heart of the original melting pot.

It's very annoying, for sure.

Gunny
01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
So I moved back home last week, sort of. I've basically been living out of my truck (posessions) and needed to do laundry. I guess putting everything you own into one load isn't advisable, as I blew up the motor in the washer!

So off I went to the laundromat today to do my clothes, and my sons. Whaddya know, I forgot to bring detergent. As I'm loading the washers, I see a mexican/spanish (don't mean it to be offensive, just not sure!) guy getting assistance from the mexican/spanish worker. The machine that you buy the small boxes of detergent from was broken, and she had opened it for him to sell him one.

After I load my washers, I approach her and ask her politely if she could help me get some detergent. First she acted like she couldn't speak English (who knows, maybe she couldn't?) and just said "No, No". I picked up an empty box out of the garbage, pointed at it and pointed at the gentleman who just bought from her. Apparently not good enough, she waved her finger at me and said "No, No". I asked her if she spoke English and she just looked at me. I held up the universal language of currency, pointed at boxes, and she said "No, No".

I do believe she wouldn't help this fine young white man! I hate the laundromat, reminds me too much of DMV or the unemployment line.

Well, now I know why the laundromat down the road got burned to the ground.:laugh:

Hugh Lincoln
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Then there's 'calling India' for computer help, which is always maddening because you can't understand what they're saying.

Where I live I once tried getting one of those plastic sheets you put on carpet so you can put a rolling chair on top. But this concept was IMPOSSIBLE to explain to the series of Mohammads, Jorges and Rosas I was trying to speak with at the various stores I visited. They just didn't get it. It was like talking to a baby. So much for diversity helping the economy.