PDA

View Full Version : Iran, Yemen, Leading From Behind

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 08:42 AM
This is worrisome:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_YEMEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-04-08-08-22-46

Apr 8, 8:53 AM EDT

REPORT: IRAN SENDS NAVY VESSELS NEAR YEMEN AMID AIRSTRIKES
BY AHMED AL-HAJ AND BRIAN ROHAN

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SANAA, Yemen (AP) -- Iran dispatched a naval destroyer and another vessel Wednesday to waters near Yemen as the United States quickened weapons supply to the Saudi-led coalition striking rebels there, underlining how foreign powers are deepening their involvement in the conflict.

Iran's English-language state broadcaster Press TV quoted Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari as saying the ships would be part of an anti-piracy campaign "safeguarding naval routes for vessels in the region."

The maneuver comes amid an intense Saudi-led Gulf Arab air campaign targeting the Yemeni rebels, known as Houthis, who come from a Shiite sect. Critics say Shiite power Iran backs the Houthis, though both the Islamic Republic and the rebels deny any direct military assistance.

Speaking a day earlier in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken blamed the violence in Yemen on the Houthis, and forces loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, saying that the U.S. is committed to defending Saudi Arabia.

fj1200
04-08-2015, 08:46 AM
I think "leading" in any form vastly overstates what might be occurring on BO's watch.

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 08:53 AM
I think "leading" in any form vastly overstates what might be occurring on BO's watch.

:laugh2:, can certainly be argued.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/dick-cheney-calls-obama-worst-president-116758.html

<header style="box-sizing: border-box;"></header>

Former Vice President Dick Cheney says President Barack Obama is the worst commander in chief the United States has ever had, in view of the recent Iranian nuclear agreement.

Asked about the deal by conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday, the former vice president said the Iranian regime is “one of the most radical” in history and that “Obama’s about to give them nuclear weapons.”

“I vacillate between the various theories I’ve heard, but you know, if you had somebody as president who wanted to take America down, who wanted to fundamentally weaken our position in the world and reduce our capacity to influence events, turn our back on our allies and encourage our adversaries, it would look exactly like what Barack Obama’s doing,” Cheney said when asked whether he thought the president is naïve or something else.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2015, 09:12 AM
BO is not calling the shots. His handlers are .
What he is doing is not in this nation's best interests and that an agenda he agrees with--tis why they picked him.
Of course the media/dem party and other assorted fools/idiots agree with his working to get Iran its nukes. Distracting away from that massive error is his other dumbass antics most of which are also extremely bad for this nation..
A shame that you fail to see most of this...-Tyr

fj1200
04-08-2015, 09:14 AM
A shame that you fail to see most of this...-Tyr

:facepalm99:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2015, 09:24 AM
:facepalm99:

No more than I am hoss.
I've just accepted its a part of who you are...-Tyr

fj1200
04-08-2015, 09:42 AM
No more than I am hoss.
I've just accepted its a part of who you are...-Tyr

Perhaps if you spent as much time reading my posts as your imagination-based ranting you'd have a clue.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Perhaps if you spent as much time reading my posts as your imagination-based ranting you'd have a clue.

I made it a rule long, long ago to never trust any man that refused to draw and cut with his sword..
Those that cry that I do so too easily , too quickly are the ones I never trust for they haven't a clue that
quick and decisive actions are so often the correct course to limit further damage and gain victory.

One must learn to strike when its called for. Refusing to do that makes one either a fool, a coward or a dithering jackass. Three very bad things to ever be...
My Dad raised me to never be any of those three..
How bout you? ---Tyr

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 09:58 AM
There is a forum for personal attacks, please use it when feeling the need.

fj1200
04-08-2015, 10:00 AM
:blah:

Thank you.

jimnyc
04-08-2015, 10:02 AM

I saw a few threads there as of recent, and I think all personal disagreements/fights should go to those threads, or any new threads in that section. But regardless of who is right and who is wrong, the feuds are starting to disrupt more and more threads. The exact same posts and/or 'back and forths' can be made in that section, and it won't disrupt others not involved. Literally no one intervening and all parties allowed to do/say as they please (within limitations of course).

So everyone, please, when getting ready to reply, or hit the submit button, please take a moment to think about whether or not your reply is related to said thread - or if more so related to a feud/disagreement. If the latter, please copy your post and then simply submit it in the cage area. Please.

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I saw a few threads there as of recent, and I think all personal disagreements/fights should go to those threads, or any new threads in that section. But regardless of who is right and who is wrong, the feuds are starting to disrupt more and more threads. The exact same posts and/or 'back and forths' can be made in that section, and it won't disrupt others not involved. Literally no one intervening and all parties allowed to do/say as they please (within limitations of course).

So everyone, please, when getting ready to reply, or hit the submit button, please take a moment to think about whether or not your reply is related to said thread - or if more so related to a feud/disagreement. If the latter, please copy your post and then simply submit it in the cage area. Please.

Indeed, the problems with personal attacks has gotten out of hand, it's become nearly worthless to start anything relevant.

jimnyc
04-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Indeed, the problems with personal attacks has gotten out of hand, it's become nearly worthless to start anything relevant.

Hopefully our words will have folks move their beefs down below. If not, don't be shy, simply split off the offending posts down there manually.