PDA

View Full Version : Obama says Minutemen are "self-proclaimed vigilantes"

Little-Acorn
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Gotta love this. A while back, President Bush referred to the Minutemen and other border-watch groups concerned about border security, as "vigilantes". The Minutemen protested loud and long, pointing out that vigilantes take the law into their own hands, arresting people, detaining them, injuring and killing them... which the Minutemen don't do. We merely watch the border and call the cops when we see something, then go back to watching.

Now Obama repeates the same lie about us, but throws in an extra little fillip: He says that WE are the one who say we are vigilantes!

I guess if you're not interested in telling the truth, then telling two lies is no worse than telling one. Very twisted "logic", but this is a card-carrying liberal we're talking about here. I guess we can expect no better.

He also announces later that we are calling the "path to citizenship" part of the immigration bill, with all its fines etc., to be "amnesty".

Wrong again, as he probably knows. We don't call the Path To Citizenship amnesty. We call the automatic issuance of "Z" visas an amnesty. These Z visas grant immediate, unconditions permission fro all illegals to stay in this country, with no fines or other requirements,. That, exactly, is amnesty.

Obama is clearly not trying to tell his constituents the truth. Instead, he is carefully crafting lies to inflame people in the direction he wants to go. It's an act that would make Josef Goebbels proud.

Obama should ask himself what it says about his agenda, that he has to lie to make it look good.

And if Obama won't ask himself that, WE should ask him.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/views/orl-obama2807jun28,0,1152271.story

by U.S. Sen. Barack Obama
June 28 , 2007

I often talk about the smallness of our politics -- our inability to move beyond the pettiness that gives too loud a voice to those who are already yelling and too little to those who are working to find common-sense solutions to our challenges.

It's not an abstract concept. So much of our immigration debate has taken this tone, but we have finally arrived at a point where real progress is possible.

Immigration is certainly a difficult issue. When we first tried to fix the system last year, it was a time when hundreds of thousands of immigrants were protesting in the streets, while self-proclaimed vigilantes known as the Minutemen were rushing to defend our Southern border. In Congress, a good-faith attempt at reform that I helped construct passed the Senate but ultimately failed in the heat of election-year politics.

This week, we have a second chance to act. The passions remain, but so does the problem. More than 2,000 immigrants now cross our borders illegally every day. Twelve million undocumented are already here, most who work in our communities and pay their taxes.

There are legitimate concerns on both sides of the debate. I have met countless Americans who are worried about the constant flow of illegal immigrants not because they are racists or xenophobes, but because they fear that this influx of low-skill workers threatens to depress wages that are already too low. They also rightfully expect their government to control our borders.

At the same time, it is both unproductive and untrue to tag as "amnesty" any proposal that would put the undocumented on a path to earned citizenship, since the bill we're debating would penalize those who broke our laws with steep fines and require them to start their quest for citizenship at the back of the line .

(Emphasis mine. Full text of the article can be read at the above URL. - LA)

glockmail
06-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Repeat the lie enough....

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Repeat the lie enough....

They are patriots!

OCA
06-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Can someone please document the successes, if any, that the Minutemen have had?

Saw a documentary on one minutemen outfit, they kept Red Man chew and Budweiser in business.

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Saw a documentary on one minutemen outfit, they kept Red Man chew and Budweiser in business.

The are putting a Boarder fence up all by donations made by citizens.

82Marine89
06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Gotta love this. A while back, President Bush referred to the Minutemen and other border-watch groups concerned about border security, as "vigilantes". The Minutemen protested loud and long, pointing out that vigilantes take the law into their own hands, arresting people, detaining them, injuring and killing them... which the Minutemen don't do. We merely watch the border and call the cops when we see something, then go back to watching.

Now Obama repeates the same lie about us, but throws in an extra little fillip: He says that WE are the one who say we are vigilantes!

Here's a photo of me doing the job Mr. Bush refused to do. Protecting our borders. As for Obama, his 15 minutes are up and he's trying to revive his campaign.

Literally on the border...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mon234.jpg

Searching for future voters of America...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19011.jpg

:salute:

OCA
06-29-2007, 06:16 PM
What exactly though are we protecting? In by that I mean we all agree that America is a fucked up place for the most part olitically and socially and that the powers to be don't give a shit about the ordinary citizen so it seems to me that the protection of the border by groups such as the minutemen if successful only emboldens the powers to be to fuck the citizenry over even more.

Yurt
06-29-2007, 07:36 PM

For starters, they have brought the issue full bore into the mainstream media and into water cooler conversations all over this great country. Before them, you heard next to nothing about this serious issue. Give those guys a :salute:

Are you saying our border protection is irrelevent?

Gunny
06-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Here's a photo of me doing the job Mr. Bush refused to do. Protecting our borders. As for Obama, his 15 minutes are up and he's trying to revive his campaign.

Literally on the border...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/Mon234.jpg

Searching for future voters of America...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19011.jpg

:salute:

Kudos to you.

And Obama is a washed up fag. Who cares what he says?

OCA
06-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Are you saying our border protection is irrelevent?

No, i'm not saying that. What I am saying however is that currently i'm unwilling to protect a country and government that does not give two shits about me except for my wallet.

82Marine89
06-29-2007, 10:42 PM
No, i'm not saying that. What I am saying however is that currently i'm unwilling to protect a country and government that does not give two shits about me except for my wallet.

That is where we differ. I am not protecting a government. I am working to protect a Nation and her people.

Does what I do make a difference? As an individual, no. But as a group of individuals we do make a difference. That is why my president labeled me a vigilante.

This is what these people Mr. Bush speaks so highly of brings to this country...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19009.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19010.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19021.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19020.jpg

OCA
06-29-2007, 11:08 PM
That is where we differ. I am not protecting a government. I am working to protect a Nation and her people.

Does what I do make a difference? As an individual, no. But as a group of individuals we do make a difference. That is why my president labeled me a vigilante.

This is what these people Mr. Bush speaks so highly of brings to this country...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19009.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19010.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19021.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/5-19020.jpg

Hey Marine, first as a brother of a 6 yr jarhead out of LeJeune I got more respect for jarheads than anybody else so don't take this wrong but.........the first couple of pics were of garbage and shit of which you see worse created by a certain sector of American society in every major American city. Secondly, do you really think that only Mexicans bring in coke? I can link you to some shit that proves the CIA, our own CIA was responsible for the majority of coke shipped in in the 70's and 80's hell might even be the 90's too.

You know I don't like it but i've come to accept the fact that like it or not our economy has been designed to depend on the cheap labor the illegals provide. Now i'm a capitalist at heart, democracy is nice but it don't put no chili in my pockets so I want what is best for the economy and amnesty is best for the economy, sorry bro thats a simple fact.

Now the nation and its people: I got a proposition for ya, why don't we boot out every motherfucker in America on welfare mooching off of yours and my paychecks and keep the illegals who want to work and in reality outwork all of us hands down? I think that sounds reasonable, eh?

glockmail
06-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Now the nation and its people: I got a proposition for ya, why don't we boot out every motherfucker in America on welfare mooching off of yours and my paychecks and keep the illegals who want to work and in reality outwork all of us hands down? I think that sounds reasonable, eh?

I'd rather see the a return to poor houses where the citizens who don't want to work live in little cubicles that are hosed out daily and fed gruel. That would be a societal safety net instead of the welfare hammocks that we provide now. and would give an incentive to work for a living just like every other creature on earth.

The problem with any amnesty is that it promotes further tresspass of our border. That's why I support a total lock-down on the border until we get our shit together and get the illegals either to leave or go through a long tortuous process to learn english as well as respect for democracy and American culture, then get to the end of the line with respect to those signed up for legal immigration. Those who don't meet muster would be sent home.

Gunny
06-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey Marine, first as a brother of a 6 yr jarhead out of LeJeune I got more respect for jarheads than anybody else so don't take this wrong but.........the first couple of pics were of garbage and shit of which you see worse created by a certain sector of American society in every major American city. Secondly, do you really think that only Mexicans bring in coke? I can link you to some shit that proves the CIA, our own CIA was responsible for the majority of coke shipped in in the 70's and 80's hell might even be the 90's too.

You know I don't like it but i've come to accept the fact that like it or not our economy has been designed to depend on the cheap labor the illegals provide. Now i'm a capitalist at heart, democracy is nice but it don't put no chili in my pockets so I want what is best for the economy and amnesty is best for the economy, sorry bro thats a simple fact.

Long as you boot them right after the illegals, no problem here. However, the difference is right or wrong, those moochers are at least mooching legally.

Psychoblues
07-02-2007, 03:35 AM
It is really clear. There are some very sick people running around in this forum trying to disguise themselves as concerned Americans.

Hugh Lincoln
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
It is really clear. There are some very sick people running around in this forum trying to disguise themselves as concerned Americans.

Your secret is safe with me.

manu1959
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM

are red man and bud merican? do they employee beeeeeners? nuf said

Psychoblues
07-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I expected as much from you, gm.

I'd rather see the a return to poor houses where the citizens who don't want to work live in little cubicles that are hosed out daily and fed gruel. That would be a societal safety net instead of the welfare hammocks that we provide now. and would give an incentive to work for a living just like every other creature on earth.

The problem with any amnesty is that it promotes further tresspass of our border. That's why I support a total lock-down on the border until we get our shit together and get the illegals either to leave or go through a long tortuous process to learn english as well as respect for democracy and American culture, then get to the end of the line with respect to those signed up for legal immigration. Those who don't meet muster would be sent home.

Generally speaking, YOU don't count. As an American I am proud of that!!!!!!!!

glockmail
07-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I expected as much from you, gm.

Generally speaking, YOU don't count. As an American I am proud of that!!!!!!!!

Why not?