PDA

View Full Version : `.........Gabby Giffords pushes gun control as a way to fight terrorism`

LongTermGuy
04-08-2015, 06:24 PM
`Now that James and Sarah Brady are dead.....Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly are the new...brain-damaged gun control poster couple.............

*The left got so much mileage out of James Brady....they see the same potential for her.....

(http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/05/gabby-giffords-gun-control-group-fight-terrorism-with-gun-control/)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...h-gun-control/ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/05/gabby-giffords-gun-control-group-fight-terrorism-with-gun-control/)

LongTermGuy
04-08-2015, 06:26 PM
..........isn't this when the apologists are supposed to step in and say we might disagree with her......we have to understand her position and treat it with respect? I mean.....since none of us was shot in the head....we cannot understand what she went through and have to "attach more `weight` to her arguments"

WiccanLiberal
04-12-2015, 03:44 PM
It's understandable she might think that way after what she has been through but should we give her opinion more consideration? Let's think about that. The police and homeland security cannot be everywhere at once. The best they can generally do is investigate a crime or action that has already occurred. Criminals and terrorists seem to have no problem acquiring weapons. The only effect tighter gun control has is to limit the access responsible law-abiding citizens have to guns and, in a dire emergency, the responsible citizen with a gun is the only possible obstacle to a criminal act. Seriously, anyone who has been where V4R and I were 2 and 1/2 years ago would realize that. Stuck in a flooded area where the police could not get to us and where looters had been active during the last major storm, we were acutely aware that we would have to protect ourselves until the water went down far enough for us to get out. Anyone I didn't know was friendly who tried to get into our place was going to get a full blast from the shotgun. End of story. Saying you should rely on the authorities is ludicrous. They'll clean up the mess after the fact, not keep it from happening.

LongTermGuy
04-12-2015, 04:07 PM
It's understandable she might think that way after what she has been through but should we give her opinion more consideration? Let's think about that. The police and homeland security cannot be everywhere at once. The best they can generally do is investigate a crime or action that has already occurred. Criminals and terrorists seem to have no problem acquiring weapons. The only effect tighter gun control has is to limit the access responsible law-abiding citizens have to guns and, in a dire emergency, the responsible citizen with a gun is the only possible obstacle to a criminal act. Seriously, anyone who has been where V4R and I were 2 and 1/2 years ago would realize that. Stuck in a flooded area where the police could not get to us and where looters had been active during the last major storm, we were acutely aware that we would have to protect ourselves until the water went down far enough for us to get out. Anyone I didn't know was friendly who tried to get into our place was going to get a full blast from the shotgun. End of story. Saying you should rely on the authorities is ludicrous. They'll clean up the mess after the fact, not keep it from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnT723O5fZg

darin
04-13-2015, 01:11 PM
that's what I'm talking about...our society is full of idiots. God. Having hard time finding hope.

sundaydriver
04-13-2015, 01:31 PM
It's understandable she might think that way after what she has been through but should we give her opinion more consideration?

After shooting Gabby he then shot 18 others, killing 1. I can understand the effect of an experience like that would have on someone. Don't forget though, she and Hubby are both firearms owners 7 shooters. Is she being a hypocrite by not wanting some stricter legislation?