PDA

View Full Version : Cussing

WiccanLiberal
04-08-2015, 08:15 PM
I meet the most INTERESTING people. Yesterday, they brought in this little old guy for a feeding tube change. He has some degree of mental retardation and dementia on top of that. I brought him in to the procedure room and he proceeded to tell me to "f#&* myself". The other nurse helping me got him a warm blanket and he told her the same and called us "F%^&ing C*^%s. He then proceeded to call the anesthesiologist a "c&^#s*&^er". We were all in hysterics by the time he went to sleep. No filters on this guy's speech for sure.

NightTrain
04-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Tourettes?

Jeff
04-08-2015, 09:05 PM
The wife is a administrator at a nursing home for folks with dementia and Alzheimer patients, These folks get nasty quite often and have no idea they are doing so. Imagine if ya just know people are telling you what to do in a strange place ( one ya don't want to even be at ) and then there is the fact that some of these folks are stuck in certain points of there life, one woman walks around singing and happy all day long ( the wife says that is great because she is stuck in a happy time ) but she has others that have hit employees and get very nasty, those folks the wife says you must catch eye contact with them and talk to them, basically they are scared to death.

Kathianne
04-08-2015, 09:51 PM
The wife is a administrator at a nursing home for folks with dementia and Alzheimer patients, These folks get nasty quite often and have no idea they are doing so. Imagine if ya just know people are telling you what to do in a strange place ( one ya don't want to even be at ) and then there is the fact that some of these folks are stuck in certain points of there life, one woman walks around singing and happy all day long ( the wife says that is great because she is stuck in a happy time ) but she has others that have hit employees and get very nasty, those folks the wife says you must catch eye contact with them and talk to them, basically they are scared to death.

Takes special people to work at these places, they are angels.

Jeff
04-09-2015, 06:39 AM

So very true Kat, some of the folks at the home still have some of their wits about them but have went back to being like a kid almost, one night the wife got a call from a upset employee, seems one of those residents took a picture of her walking away and when the young girl asked why he said "because you ass is just so dam big" and he then proceeded to call her fat ass until she called the wife crying her eyes out :laugh: Se he is back to being a bully, picking on girls what ever but one has to remember these folks have paid their debt to society and no matter how the act now they deserve respect.

On a side note, the wife says she is keeping a room open for me, no I don't have that nasty disease , but she says I act like a kid most of the time. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 06:57 AM
I meet the most INTERESTING people. Yesterday, they brought in this little old guy for a feeding tube change. He has some degree of mental retardation and dementia on top of that. I brought him in to the procedure room and he proceeded to tell me to "f#&* myself". The other nurse helping me got him a warm blanket and he told her the same and called us "F%^&ing C*^%s. He then proceeded to call the anesthesiologist a "c&^#s*&^er". We were all in hysterics by the time he went to sleep. No filters on this guy's speech for sure.

He probably does it because he can! I can't wait till I'm an old fart, I plan on sitting on my front porch and giving everyone that walks/drives by a piece of my mind. :) Old people get away with more than young folks.

Jeff
04-09-2015, 07:02 AM
He probably does it because he can! I can't wait till I'm an old fart, I plan on sitting on my front porch and giving everyone that walks/drives by a piece of my mind. :) Old people get away with more than young folks.

I thought that was what you do now a days ? :laugh:

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 07:02 AM

Jeff's wife, Laura, is a special person when it comes to helping others. Hell, just the fact that she's still with Jeff and taking care of him proves that!! I always shake my head... Anyway, she also helped care for Mom when she moved to Georgia, both at the assisted living and when Mom moved into their home. Hell, she kinda took care of me when I was down there for a few months as well. You can just tell when a "good person" is taking care of others, and she's one of them.

And she used to make us pizza at like midnight! :beer:

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 07:03 AM
I thought that was what you do now a days ? :laugh:

Gotta be a little tempered, as they'll lock me up!! Since the school is a block away, I'll sit out there and tell the kids that walk across the lawn that they now have to pay a toll of .50 cents. Most of them flip me the bird or give me dirty looks. My neighbor owes me around $366 bucks now.

Jeff
04-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Gotta be a little tempered, as they'll lock me up!! Since the school is a block away, I'll sit out there and tell the kids that walk across the lawn that they now have to pay a toll of .50 cents. Most of them flip me the bird or give me dirty looks. My neighbor owes me around $366 bucks now.

Ya got to love NY :laugh:

With that being said Jim yes I can understand why you are looking forward to the forgiving days. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 07:07 AM

With that being said Jim yes I can understand why you are looking forward to the forgiving days. :laugh:

Back to the OP - kinda reminds me of Mom to an extent. Mom at least needed a "little" bit of a reason to go off the handle, but when she was pissed at the doctors, watch out!! :lol:

Jeff
04-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Back to the OP - kinda reminds me of Mom to an extent. Mom at least needed a "little" bit of a reason to go off the handle, but when she was pissed at the doctors, watch out!! :lol:

Jim it was the best down here in the so called Bible Belt :laugh: There was a lady from NJ that worked at the home Mom lived at and when I would walk in she would give me a count of how many times Mom had told someone to Blank off or something to that effect. :laugh: Yes she had a way with words.

One of the best was one night we where playing cards with Jack and Tammy ( I know you remember them ) and Tammy was taking to long to take her turn and Mom just blurted out " go Bitch it's your turn" Tammy just looked and was like wow she just called me a bitch :laugh: To this day when I see them Tammy will ask if I remember that night. Down here in the south people take each word literally, not so much up north, words are words up there.

Kathianne
04-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Boys, those 'old farts, speaking their 'minds' are locked up. :laugh2:

aboutime
04-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Kinda makes one wonder (IMO):laugh: Who the really threatening people are today?

Considering how destructive, and hateful life is becoming for almost all of us on the OUTSIDE of such places.

I wonder whether WE should be the one's laughing at those who have NO problems SAYING whatever they want?

Gunny
04-09-2015, 04:20 PM

I HATED working in a Hospital. I got stuck on a 4 month job in the Baptist Hospital in SA. That's where you go when you aren't going home. Depressing.