PDA

View Full Version : Ayatollah Khamenei Accuses WH of 'Lying'

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 06:49 PM
All sanctions lifted immediately? Limits on inspectors?

-----

President Obama has long known that the real decision maker in Iran is Ayatollah Khamenei, the so-called supreme leader. While other Iranian officials have negotiated with Western powers over the mullahs’ nuclear program, Khamenei’s opinion is the only one that really counts. It is for this reason that Obama began writing directly to Khamenei early in his presidency.

Earlier today, Khamenei broke his silence on the supposed “framework” the Obama administration has been trumpeting as the basis for a nuclear accord. Khamenei’s speech pulled the rug out from underneath the administration.

Khamenei accused the Obama administration of “lying” about the proposed terms, being “deceptive,” and having “devilish” intentions, according to multiple published accounts of his speech, as well as posts on his official Twitter feed.

Khamenei also disputed the key terms Obama administration officials have said were agreed upon in principle. Economic sanctions will not be phased out once Iran’s compliance has been “verified,” according to the Ayatollah. Instead, Khamenei said that if the U.S. wants a deal, then all sanctions must be dropped as soon as the agreement is finalized. Khamenei also put strict limits on the reach of the inspectors who would be tasked with this verification process in the first place.

Beginning earlier this month and in the days since, Obama and his advisers have attempted to portray the negotiations as major step forward. During an appearance in the Rose Garden on April 2, Obama said the U.S. and its allies have “reached a historic understanding with Iran.”

Khamenei does not agree. “There was no need to take a position” on the supposed deal before today, Khamenei said. “The officials are saying that nothing has been done yet and nothing is obligatory. I neither agree nor disagree [with any deal].”

"What has been done so far does not guarantee an agreement, nor its contents, nor even that the negotiations will continue to the end," Khamenei elaborated.

"I neither support nor oppose it," Khamenei reportedly said of the proposed deal. "Everything is in the details; it may be that the deceptive other side wants to restrict us in the details."

It gets much worse.

When Obama announced that a “framework” for the deal was in place earlier this month, the administration released a fact sheet purportedly showing the agreed upon “parameters.” The White House said the terms outlined in the fact sheet “reflect the significant progress that has been made in discussions between the P5+1, the European Union, and Iran.”

Khamenei would beg to differ.

“The White House put out a statement just a few hours after our negotiators finished their talks...this statement, which they called a 'fact sheet', was wrong on most of the issues," Khamenei said, according to Reuters. Khamenei added that the fact sheet, which doesn’t match Iran’s understanding, exposes America’s “devilish” intentions.

Khamenei’s social media team emphasized many of these points on his official Twitter feed, which published quotes from his speech. One tweet reads: “It's all about the details. The disloyal side may want to stab ‪#Iran in the back over the details; It is too early to congratulate. #IranTalks.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ayatollah-khamenei-accuses-wh-lying-being-deceptive-and-having-devilish-intentions_914336.html

Gunny
04-09-2015, 06:51 PM
We need to take that place out. We've needed to since 79.

jimnyc
04-09-2015, 06:57 PM
We need to take that place out. We've needed to since 79.

I'm honestly hoping that they threaten themselves into a good ass whoopin from Israel. It'll be worth whatever sanctions the UN lays on them afterwards.

LongTermGuy
04-09-2015, 07:09 PM
`....The western civilized world should `unite` to take that place out...but wont happen...to much "PC" has infested the western world....and they are paying for it now...*So....in the end...let Israel take them out and do the world a BIG... BIG favor...Israel can't afford to wait 2 years for the United States to get an American president...`:salute:

NightTrain
04-09-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm honestly hoping that they threaten themselves into a good ass whoopin from Israel. It'll be worth whatever sanctions the UN lays on them afterwards.

That brings up a big issue - how the game has always played is Israel does what it needs to with the assurance that we'll veto any sanctions in the UN, which has happened many times.... these days I'm sure that Israel is very reluctant to stick their neck out. I can just see Obama hanging them out to dry in the UN to get his revenge over the Congress speech.

But the if the Iranian nuke program is nearing maturity, I think they'll launch the airstrikes to take it out and hope for the best in the UN... I don't see them having any choice in the matter.

LongTermGuy
04-09-2015, 07:27 PM
That brings up a big issue - how the game has always played is Israel does what it needs to with the assurance that we'll veto any sanctions in the UN, which has happened many times.... these days I'm sure that Israel is very reluctant to stick their neck out. I can just see Obama hanging them out to dry in the UN to get his revenge over the Congress speech.

But the if the Iranian nuke program is nearing maturity, I think they'll launch the airstrikes to take it out and hope for the best in the UN... I don't see them having any choice in the matter.

Israel has been playing to nice lately....Israel is fighting for its future and to exists...*Neither The The leftist UN...nor obama can or will try to hurt Israel...first they ain't got the balls...look how scared they are of Iran now....who is `trying` to get a nuke and playing games for the last 30 years...*Israel has NUKES and `ways to deliver` them...also has great subs ....great soldiers and great Pilots...who want to live and save their country from the cancer of islam...cowardly `o` and the stinkin UN wont do anything..let them try....

Gunny
04-09-2015, 07:28 PM

Conundrum. Ayatollah Obama hates Israel while we - the US -- hold back Israel's hand. We can afford Israel. Screw the UN. What're they going to do? Lash out with some harsh words?

NightTrain
04-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Conundrum. Ayatollah Obama hates Israel while we - the US -- hold back Israel's hand. We can afford Israel. Screw the UN. What're they going to do? Lash out with some harsh words?

UN economic sanctions against Israel would be devastating to them - their European exports are a huge part of their economy. They have a lot of enemies in the UN who would cream themselves over punishing Israel.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 07:54 PM
UN economic sanctions against Israel would be devastating to them - their European exports are a huge part of their economy. They have a lot of enemies in the UN who would cream themselves over punishing Israel.

And they don't why exactly? Because of us.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Oh, and Israel doesn't need us. Look at your history. We were opposed to the recreation of Israel. They've kicked everyone's ass without our help. If anything, we've hindered them.

LongTermGuy
04-09-2015, 08:04 PM

Sanctions against Iran trying to get the Nuke....didn't work so well...at this point...Iranians are laughing and dancing in the streets..maybe its because of all the threats they made...maybe Israel has been playing to soft lately with the cowardly western leftist in power *(for now)..and they have the bomb.......Iran seems to understand the leftist weak mind-set.....

Gunny
04-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Sanctions against Iran trying to get the Nuke....didn't work so well...at this point...Iranians are laughing and dancing in the streets..maybe its because of all the threats they made...maybe Israel has been playing to soft lately with the cowardly western leftist in power *(for now)..and they have the bomb.......Iran seems to understand the leftist weak mind-set.....

Israel is going to do them just like they did Iraq whether we like it or not.

Maybe it's because they've getting away with sh*t since 79.

NightTrain
04-09-2015, 08:09 PM
And they don't why exactly? Because of us.

That's what I'm saying. Right now we can't be trusted to protect them in the UN. Not for another couple of years.

Oh, and Israel doesn't need us. Look at your history. We were opposed to the recreation of Israel. They've kicked everyone's ass without our help. If anything, we've hindered them.

Oh, we helped them greatly ever since the '67 Six Day War erupted. We were flying the hell out of the Blackbirds & U-2s, along with electronic espionage (that's where the USS Liberty tragedy came in) so they had a pretty complete picture with intelligence.

Since '67 we've made sure they've got the latest and greatest hardware.

But you're right, they did kick some serious ass without anyone putting boots on the ground, unlike the arabs who had Soviets with them. They're a very impressive little can o' whoop ass.

Gunny
04-09-2015, 08:11 PM
That's what I'm saying. Right now we can't be trusted to protect them in the UN. Not for another couple of years.

Oh, we helped them greatly ever since the '67 Six Day War erupted. We were flying the hell out of the Blackbirds & U-2s, along with electronic espionage (that's where the USS Liberty tragedy came in) so they had a pretty complete picture with intelligence.

Since '67 we've made sure they've got the latest and greatest hardware.

But you're right, they did kick some serious ass without anyone putting boots on the ground, unlike the arabs who had Soviets with them. They're a very impressive little can o' whoop ass.[/COLOR]

Just saying. They aren't going to take this without a fight.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 08:33 AM
The obama's actions may force Israel to strike sooner rather than later but trust me on this--
obama has spies watching so as to alert Iran.. He deliberately works 100% against one of our allies, thats treason... And hell yes, he did threaten Israel with America shooting down its planes if they tried to strike Iran nuke sites! Which is why they must do it by a sudden and quick surprise attack.
Obama would alert Iran and possibly even help Iran shoot down their planes.
The bastard is a muslim-in-hiding and a damn traitor IMHO. --Tyr

Gunny
04-10-2015, 09:39 AM
The obama's actions may force Israel to strike sooner rather than later but trust me on this--
obama has spies watching so as to alert Iran.. He deliberately works 100% against one of our allies, thats treason... And hell yes, he did threaten Israel with America shooting down its planes if they tried to strike Iran nuke sites! Which is why they must do it by a sudden and quick surprise attack.
Obama would alert Iran and possibly even help Iran shoot down their planes.
The bastard is a muslim-in-hiding and a damn traitor IMHO. --Tyr

You got a source? I haven't heard this. Doesn't surprise me, but I haven't heard it before.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 09:52 AM
You got a source? I haven't heard this. Doesn't surprise me, but I haven't heard it before.
Will check to find it again, did not bookmark it last week.
Let ya know soon.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975207/President-Obama-threatened-shoot-Israeli-jets-attacked-Iranian-nuclear-facilities-year-claim-sources.html

President Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iranian nuclear facilities last year, claim sources
President Obama is alleged to have thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014
The U.S. threatened to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets and so Netanyahu aborted his plans to attack Iraq
Netanyahu will appears in Washington for an address to Congress on Tuesday aimed squarely at derailing Obama's cherished bid
By DAVID MCCORMACK FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 00:51 EST, 2 March 2015 | UPDATED: 00:10 EST, 3 March 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975207/President-Obama-threatened-shoot-Israeli-jets-attacked-Iranian-nuclear-facilities-year-claim-sources.html#ixzz3Wv0QWLji
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

President Obama is alleged to have stopped an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014 by threatening to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets, according to reports to emerge from the Middle East at the weekend
The threat from the U.S. forced Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to abort a planned attack on Iraq, reported Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida.
Netanyahu will be in Washington for an address to Congress on Tuesday aimed squarely at derailing Obama's cherished bid for a diplomatic deal with Tehran

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975207/President-Obama-threatened-shoot-Israeli-jets-attacked-Iranian-nuclear-facilities-year-claim-sources.html#ixzz3Wv0M1AE0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

All has been diplomatically downplayed since then but I believe the threat was made and since its repercussions were sogreat has been downplayed since then. -Tyr

aboutime
04-10-2015, 02:56 PM
We all know Obama is a liar. Why is anyone questioning Khamenei on this? Look at Obama's record showing how much he actually hates Israel, and Bibi. No Rocket Science needed...though I hate to even appear to be in agreement with anyone from Iran. This...IF FACTUALLY TRUE...seems to further demonstrate how Obama sides with our Enemies, and helps to destroy our Allies.