PDA

View Full Version : Ice cream flavors

MtnBiker
06-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I believe the most popular is vanilla.

My wife just bought one that was birthday cake flavor, it tasted like sugary fluff, yuk.

My favorite is butter pecan.

Any other favorites out there?

jimnyc
06-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm partial to strawberry myself, although there are hundreds of flavors I'd be happy to shove into my fat face if I could! :)

Abbey Marie
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm partial to strawberry myself, although there are hundreds of flavors I'd be happy to shove into my fat face if I could! :)

:laugh2:

Is there any other flavor besides CHOCOLATE? I hadn't heard.

5stringJeff
06-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Sweet cream and cake batter, both of which can be had at Cold Stone Ice Cream, are fantastic.

Missileman
06-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Try Creme Brulee by Haagen Das...it's the smoothest, creamiest ice cream I've ever had.

Yurt
06-29-2007, 07:25 PM
peanut butter-vanilla

shattered
06-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Mint chocolate chip.

Unless I'm craving some *serious* sugar. Then Peanut Butter Twix (yes, it's an ice cream)

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I believe the most popular is vanilla.

My wife just bought one that was birthday cake flavor, it tasted like sugary fluff, yuk.

My favorite is butter pecan.

Any other favorites out there?

I agree, birthcake flavor ice cream is nasty. I prefer Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Min Chocolate Cookie and Baskin Robbins Jamoca(and I hate Coffee, go figure).

Yurt
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Mint chocolate chip.

Unless I'm craving some *serious* sugar. Then Peanut Butter Twix (yes, it's an ice cream)

Ah, a fellow peanut butter "nut." Any ice cream with peanut butter in it is great!

I sometimes actually add a wee more of my own peanut butter if the consistency of peanut butter to ice cream is not quite right. :cool:

shattered
06-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Ah, a fellow peanut butter "nut." Any ice cream with peanut butter in it is great!

I sometimes actually add a wee more of my own peanut butter if the consistency of peanut butter to ice cream is not quite right. :cool:

20 seconds in the microwave gets said PB the correct drizzling consistency..then it firms right up again. YUM!

We also have an all natural dark chocolate peanut butter that I'd probably kill someone over.. More than $4 a jar, and worth every single penny. *drool*

Mr. P
06-30-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm with Abbey, if it ain't CHOCOLATE it ain't ice cream, unless it's vanilla served with CHOCOLATE cake. :laugh2:

Kathianne
06-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I have too many favorites, too many of which are available at Stone Cold and Oberweiss. Truth is, if I'm eating ice cream in bowl I like something like Peppermint or Butter Pecan. In a cone, Jamoca Almond Fudge. For hot fudge sundae, BP or JAF are great. Strawberry Sundae, must be strawberry ice cream.

Sodas, only chocolate with vanilla ice cream. Ditto for Shakes/Malts.

nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I have too many favorites, too many of which are available at Stone Cold and Oberweiss. Truth is, if I'm eating ice cream in bowl I like something like Peppermint or Butter Pecan. In a cone, Jamoca Almond Fudge. For hot fudge sundae, BP or JAF are great. Strawberry Sundae, must be strawberry ice cream.

Sodas, only chocolate with vanilla ice cream. Ditto for Shakes/Malts.

Wow, you have that down to a pattern, is that all you ever do is eat ice cream? :laugh2:

You should try Baskin Robbin's plain Jamoca if you like Jamoca Almond Fudge.

Kathianne
06-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow, you have that down to a pattern, is that all you ever do is eat ice cream? :laugh2:

You should try Baskin Robbin's plain Jamoca if you like Jamoca Almond Fudge.

No. Desire does not equate with action. I do ice cream a couple, make that two or fewer, times a year. But I do have my favorites. :laugh2:

Yurt
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
20 seconds in the microwave gets said PB the correct drizzling consistency..then it firms right up again. YUM!

We also have an all natural dark chocolate peanut butter that I'd probably kill someone over.. More than $4 a jar, and worth every single penny. *drool*

thats brilliant, i will try that, you know that is like when PB gets that perfect consistency after being warmed in my oatmeal or malto meal. Thanks for the tip

manu1959
06-30-2007, 08:14 PM
vanilla bean, mint chip, a bananna and ........ warmed marshmello sauce

nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 08:39 PM
No. Desire does not equate with action. I do ice cream a couple, make that two or fewer, times a year. But I do have my favorites. :laugh2:

Ummm sounded like you had that down to a science, which wouldn't surprise me, your a pretty smart gal! :)

dan
07-02-2007, 03:44 AM
I like cookies & cream. If I'm in a high-dollar mood, Cherry Garcia's good stuff, too.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
If your in the heat of the moment nothing compares to Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Syrup(preferably Hershey's) and Whip Cream and make a human Sundae. I left out nutz for obvious reasons. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Peanut butter cup icecream is the tops.

jackass
07-02-2007, 04:55 PM
OOhhh so many flavors!! It is one of my few sweet temptations!

Tin Roof Sundae, Coffee, Vanilla Bean, Pistachio, Strawberry, Cherry Garcia, Peanut Butter Ripple. MMMMMMMM! Had a Pumpkin Pie a la mode ice cream that was out fo this world one time!

Turkey Hill makes the best ice cream.